lowering - what springs and shocks.

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
I want to drop my avant a smidge - not masses mind as its used every day and theres speed bumps round here - what have other people done?

Im not paying for coil overs, as 1 they are expensive, 2 they will only rust up, and 3 they are un needed....I do too many miles and dont really want the car that much harsher than it is now with the S line kit, as its firm but comfortable.

so what have people fitted and what have they dropped?

Im thinking about a 40mm drop as I know the S lines are dropped 20mm from the factory and I only want to go a smidge lower to bring the wheels kind of inline with the arch, plus after 116k the rear springs appear to be a little relaxed... as the back seems to sit lower than the front...so it should sort that out too.

cheers

karl.

I am looking for extactly the same mate 15mm isnt really worth the hassel to be honest though ?
By the time they are fitted your going to be looking at £400 for a drop that isnt even going to be noticeable ! What springs would drop an sline 30mm thats a drop worth doing and spending money on ?

Just fitted the KW variant 1 kit and it's not harsh at all, very impressed with the ride.

Intrax make a lowering spring kit specifically designed for cars with sports suspension / S-Line package which lowers 20mm.

Intrax is not really heard of in the UK but considered to be one of the most high end suspension companies around.

We have been using their springs and coilovers regularly and it's extremely impressive.

If your sticking with stock dampers you'll find these to be giving you exactly what you want.

If your interested in trying something a little different let us know.

Intrax make a lowering spring kit specifically designed for cars with sports suspension / S-Line package which lowers 20mm.

Intrax is not really heard of in the UK but considered to be one of the most high end suspension companies around.

We have been using their springs and coilovers regularly and it's extremely impressive.

If your sticking with stock dampers you'll find these to be giving you exactly what you want.

If your interested in trying something a little different let us know.

Im interested mate.

What sort of drop do they offer, also how much are they etc etc.

Details please mate as im after some springs to fit with standard shocks/dampers etc myself.

Hi,

Intrax springs for your car lower 30mm front and rear.

The price is £210 delivered inc VAT.

Hi,

Intrax springs for your car lower 30mm front and rear.

The price is £210 delivered inc VAT.

My car is an S-Line and already lowered 20mm.

So are these springs 50mm then? or are they the same as the eibach pros? if so then the only gain i shall receive is 10mm over standard?

Also can someone tell me how low the standard RS4 springs are?

Last edited:
You can't beat coilovers mate and tbh if you change springs today, it won't be long before your shocks may need doing so it's false economy doing just springs (IMO)

My car is an S-Line and already lowered 20mm.

So are these springs 50mm then? or are they the same as the eibach pros? if so then the only gain i shall receive is 10mm over standard?

Also can someone tell me how low the standard RS4 springs are?

50mm.
They are not the same as Eibach's.

Has anyone got any pics of theirs lowered? pref on 18s just so I have some idea what each drop looks like,

also what are the weitec ones like? http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/wei...-kit-a4-b7-avant-19tdi-20tdi-0105-p-1475.html

as if im spending £600+ im going coilovers, but these should do the job fine, I hope.

The Weitec's are a really good choice. They're made by KW so the quality is top notch and easily our best selling suspension brand.

Damian @ DPM Performance

The Weitec's are a really good choice. They're made by KW so the quality is top notch and easily our best selling suspension brand.

Damian @ DPM Performance

cool, I just need to see if i can find some pics now of them lowered to make sure its what I want and not too low.

right has any one else lowered their A4? any pics or any reviews of the wietec kit before I have a look round for the cheapest place and order a set.

cheers

Karl.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Damian do you do a weitec spring and shock 45-50mm set for my 3.0 Tdi v6 Quatrro?