Lowering windows with key fob

Geraldy212

Sportback owner
Reaction score
After a battery change earlier this year, I just tested my windows to see if they still raised and lowered using the key fob. No luck, they don't operate like this any more. Tried several 'resetting' activities such as holding drivers door switch open when windows are fully open/closed, tried holding key in door in locked position......no luck. Is there anything else I can try? I don't current have access to VCDS. Otherwise windows operate normally with one-touch opening etc. Any ideas welcomed. Thanks.

Weird should still be stored after removal of the battery

OK, I fixed it. What actually worked for me was as follows. Turn ignition on. All windows up. Take each switch in turn, and drop each window, holding the switch down for a few seconds after the window is fully down. Then with each window in turn, lift the switch and hold the switch for a few seconds after the window has closed fully. I believe in the owner's manual it says to do this on the driver's window, and I tried this several times. When I 'reset' each window as above, the key fob now operates the windows as it always did before the battery change. Hope this may help someone with the same issue.

Yeah all 4 windows needed to be "reset", easy fix :)