LuK Repset Clutch & Flywheel Kit

Audi Dynamik

Reaction score
Well a few months ago the clutch went on my 2.0TFSI quattro at 27500 miles/34 months old. I had the Revo Remap running since 3000 miles on Performance Mode A (300 Bhp, 350 lbs/ft ) which did 0-60 in 5.5 (Standard 6.6)

Audi were after charging me £1900 for a new Clutch & Flywheel and were willing to put £900 good will towards it if it wouldn't have been remapped they could tell it had been remapped when they plugged it into there diagnosis machine even when i put it back to stock with the SPS.

So obviously i didn't want to pay £1900 for a new Clutch & Flywheel so i took it to a friends garage and he put in a LuK Repset Clutch & Flywheel Kit for £900. My first question is, Is the LuK Repset Clutch a solid good brand of clutch ?
Does anybody know how much torque and boost it can handle safely ?

The car is now at 29000 miles and about 3 times over the past month i have been experiencing the smell of burning clutch just after normal driving mixed motorway and town for 10 miles. The clutch has been in just less than 2000 miles, Is this normal ? The clutch is treated properly and not ridden on hills etc.. I told my friend who supplied and fitted it but he told me the clutch has a 2 year warranty so if the clutch goes again then he will just stick me another in free of charge.

The car is back at stock and i am wondering if the clutch will be able to handle the Remap if i put it into Performance Mode B which does 0-60 in 6.0 and im not sure on the bhp or torque.

Should i be concerned about any other engine components for running 300 bhp for 25000 miles, the OEM IHI turbo, Exhausts? etc..

Any thoughts,help or suggestions Welcome.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
There is every chance the LUK clutch was the same as the original item. A lot of OE VAG clutches are LUK items.
I would have taken the oppertunity to upgrade the clutch to a beter item. It is obvious the standard clutch is not upto the current level of performance. Something like a Sachs organic item would have been the way to go.

Karl

Reactions: Audi Dynamik