LukeTripod87's Build/Progress Thread

LukeTripod87

Reaction score
Hi guys as some of you know I have my 184ps Sline on order. It's being built next Tuesday and has an estimated delivery date of 6th Jan but I'm really itching to get it before xmas! I will be updating this thread as and when things happen.
Basically as soon as that transporter arrive's it'll be going straight into the workshop to be PDI'd then into the valeting bay where I will be spending a few hours meticulously going over the bodywork/interior for any bugs or faults then I will be giving a full new car/winter protection detail! :)

Can I ask how you know the exact day it's being built. We are given a build week, I didn't realise you could find out the day.

Can I ask how you know the exact day it's being built. We are given a build week, I didn't realise you could find out the day.
easy I asked the admin girl upstairs! :) when it's a week or so before your build date they can sometimes see what date it is being built

Just a quick update.... The car has been built and as of 5pm this eve it was in checkpoint 4 (which is the last quality control check before being released!) hopefully will have some idea in the next few days when it will be being shipped! Really can't wait! :)

Well... it's just arrived!! :)

Attachments

• 20131218_154720.jpg
    20131218_154720.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 20131218_160152.jpg
    20131218_160152.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: kwistof
Loving the car luke. Enjoy it. :) look forward to more pics when you have detailed it. :) x

Well just to update you guys, after exactly 1 week of driving it now and with 130 miles on it I'm absolutely loving it! :) As time was a major issue last Saturday when I took it home I only got time to take the transport packaging off, fit the plates and give it a quick wash and hoover. So here's how it looked fresh from the factory....

So today I managed to give it a proper going over. After being fully washed and de-contaminated I applied 2 coats of blackfire all paint protection to get it through the winter, treated the glass with gtechniq g1, gave the wheels 2 coats of poorboys wheel sealant, applied megs endurance gel to the tyres and cleaned the tailpipes with megs metal polish. Onto the interior and after wiping the interior down with autofinesse total I sprayed gtechniq I5 to the fabrics to protect them from the harsh weather. I finally cleaned the interior glass with megs glass cleaner and gave it a vacuum...

What are your thought's on the pressed plates? I forgot to mention previously that I was lucky enough to choose my reg number. The admin woman had around 15 or so registration numbers that I could choose from and I ideally wanted one with my initials at the end (LRT) however the closest I could get to was LT at the end of it! lol

I hope that this wet's your appetite for those of you still waiting for yours to come through or if you are thinking of buying one! :)

Reactions: Sandra
Luke, car looks awesome. Thanks for sharing pics with us. :) x

Reactions: LukeTripod87
Well just to update you guys, after exactly 1 week of driving it now and with 130 miles on it I'm absolutely loving it! :) As time was a major issue last Saturday when I took it home I only got time to take the transport packaging off, fit the plates and give it a quick wash and hoover. So here's how it looked fresh from the factory....

So today I managed to give it a proper going over. After being fully washed and de-contaminated I applied 2 coats of blackfire all paint protection to get it through the winter, treated the glass with gtechniq g1, gave the wheels 2 coats of poorboys wheel sealant, applied megs endurance gel to the tyres and cleaned the tailpipes with megs metal polish. Onto the interior and after wiping the interior down with autofinesse total I sprayed gtechniq I5 to the fabrics to protect them from the harsh weather. I finally cleaned the interior glass with megs glass cleaner and gave it a vacuum...

What are your thought's on the pressed plates? I forgot to mention previously that I was lucky enough to choose my reg number. The admin woman had around 15 or so registration numbers that I could choose from and I ideally wanted one with my initials at the end (LRT) however the closest I could get to was LT at the end of it! lol

I hope that this wet's your appetite for those of you still waiting for yours to come through or if you are thinking of buying one! :)

Wow that is so stunning!!! I take it you work for audi!?

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I still have 3 weeks waiting left. They also gave me week 48 day 5 as build day.

Enjoy !!!

RVP20- yes I am very lucky to work for them so I have gained some perks along the way and thank you very much! :)

Pieterw- it's always the last couple of weeks or so I've found that go the slowest! Lol get some pics up of it when it arrives!