Macan reversed into the front bumper, whilst parked

Reaction score
So…

Parked up the car to get some pizza, and sitting outside the parlour and I hear a loud crack. Look up from the phone and see a Macan bumping uglies with the front bumper of my car when they were reversing to park up
Looked it over last night, but the light didn’t reveal anything that needed a repair. Will take a look over it at lunchtime in better light, but asking if anyone has any points I should check out before I make a claim?

Heart dropped but the exchange of details was pretty cordial, stuff happens but still. The damage is invariably worse in your head than it actually is, but figured someone must’ve had the same experience and can share some things to check out?

Thanks in advance folks

Last edited:
So…

Parked up the car to get some pizza, and sitting outside the parlour and I hear a loud crack. Look up from the phone and see a Macan bumping uglies with the front bumper of my car
Looked it over last night, but the light didn’t reveal anything that needed a repair. Will take a look over it at lunchtime in better light, but asking if anyone has any points I should check out before I make a claim?

Heart dropped but the exchange of details was pretty cordial, stuff happens but still. The damage is invariably worse in your head than it actually is, but figured someone must’ve had the same experience and can share some things to check out?

Thanks in advance folks
How fast was he going when he hit you? Normally they can take a slow hit without any damage. For piece of mind you could ask an Audi centre or body repair place to take take a proper look on the ramps!

We’re talking sub 3mph, this is a parking creep sort of speed. (Updated the description to reflect that) Thing I’m more concerned about is things like the washer jets and the lugs on the LED headlights etc. I’m going to head down to Audi now and ask them to take a butchers for me And poke around a bit under the hood. Was going to test the washer jets and see if they pop out, but suspect I need VCDS to force it, which I don’t have to test. It’s the only thing I can think of, it’s not like the old Sierra’s that were written off because of the thin boot panels, hopefully

Body shop guy at Audi said nothing’s there, the bumper lines up correctly in the front wheel arches and the lines of the light fittings under the bonnet near the centre grill, are all in line. Said don’t worry about it but if you really want to be sure, get it onto some ramps

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B
How fast was he going when he hit you? Normally they can take a slow hit without any damage. For piece of mind you could ask an Audi centre or body repair place to take take a proper look on the ramps!
Thanks for the reassurance. It was a parking creep so the sounds was probably worse than the actual damage, if at all. Pretty well bolted motors, should be at the price!

Reactions: S32B
You can activate the headlight washers by pulling the wash wiper stalk towards you for ~3 seconds.

Reactions: NevMan and toooldforboyracing
There a bit of flex in the bumpers in case you hit pedestrians. If the body shop says it’s fine and all lines up it should be ok.
As for the headlight washer jets turn headlights on and hold the windscreen washer stalk till it sprays the headlights, normally a few seconds the headlights will wash after the windscreen. Would be easier if you get someone else to do that and you watch from outside.

There a bit of flex in the bumpers in case you hit pedestrians. If the body shop says it’s fine and all lines up it should be ok.
As for the headlight washer jets turn headlights on and hold the windscreen washer stalk till it sprays the headlights, normally a few seconds the headlights will wash after the windscreen. Would be easier if you get someone else to do that and you watch from outside.
Was in the Audi service drive in bay and the body shop manager got soaked when he did it himself, must get out the needles and align the washers this weekend.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Was in the Audi service drive in bay and the body shop manager got soaked when he did it himself, must get out the needles and align the washers this weekend.
Get one of these. Makes it so much easier.
had one for ages but never had to use them on the Audis. They seem perfectly set up form factory and stays that way at least in my ownership.

Reactions: Jcbmally

#cheaper #savethepetrol
:moneybag:

Reactions: AlS3BE
Maybe not cheaper as the Halfords one states:

Features & Benefits:
Sold in multiples of 12

So assume you get 12 of them

Reactions: toooldforboyracing
Used that tool and now it’s spraying properly without getting it into the eyes

2 of the jets has some crud blocking it and this cleared it right out. Good tool to have in the kit bag