Macdonalds drive thru's causing total traffic chaos, some people need to get a grip.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all,
and yes i'm having another old geezer rant tonight.
If you are one of the thousands of drivers that have brought our highways to a standstill and caused chaos over the last week or so , you really need to get a grip and ask yourself should I be doing this.

Having seen a few articles online about the problem I thought maybe it was just isolated spots and can't be that bad, oh boy was I wrong.

There are a few drive thru's around woking and Guildford areas but nothing on local news about problems , I had meetings in Woking during the last week , well 3 days in a row so just headed off as normal towards Woking.
Low and behold I quickly ground to a half about a mile before the town centre, I thought maybe road works but after not moving for 20 mins a asked a guy that was crossing in front of me what the problem was, he just said , Big Mac and you'll be here for at least an hour before you even move 100 yards.

I just waited for bit longer, and a bit longer then just turned around and went home after well over an hour of being stationary , missed my meeting so rescheduled it.

Next day afternoon meeting was due , so went into Woking another way and surprise , surprise total grid lock in Woking because of macdonalds, so missed the meeting a 2nd time and by this time I was getting extremely issed off .
Now having aborted both meetings I had to get to morrisons with the wife yesterday , at 12.30 pm it was total gridlock again and we just couldn't get into the carpark due to the maconalds causing havoc.
I was fuming now , just turned off the car , got out and had words with all the sado's queing for macdonalds blocking the roundabouts and side roads.

So rant nearly over,
If you are one of the drivers that were responsible for the total gridlock of woking town centre, well any location really all of last week and today if the traffic sensors are correct, you need a serious talking too, the amount of aggrivation , stress and time wasting that you are causing .
I love a big mac as much as the next person but I wouldn't be acting like this , I have a job to do and meeting's to be at, you lot are preventing me from doing both, thanks a lot.

I blame macdonald's and there customers as the two go together to create the problem .

sorry for the extended rant but its really got my back up i'm afraid.

Reactions: martin1984 and voorhees
Live traffic a min ago,
all roads are gridlocked again because of macdonlds and traffic queing around the rounabout.

Upload 2020 6 6 20 6 26

Don’t worry Rob give it another fortnight and we’ll all be under lockdown again because of all these idiots and those protesting all over the place completely ignoring social distancing

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Terminator x, Charlie Farley and 3 others
can't understand why people queue up to eat that *****.

Reactions: b2, SiPie, Charlie Farley and 2 others
To be expected really, not a big McDonald's fan yet was considering going, reduced menu and presumed wait time stopped us.
got out and had words with all the sado's queing for macdonalds

That's one way to look more of a fool than them haha.

I can't believe what I've seen people doing to get a McDonald's either. Queuing for hours and blocking up roads. The food is garbage so it baffles me lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley and DaveW
When I used to eat meat, I always preferred BK to McDonald's, at least they actually tasted of meat.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Drove past my local one this morning and there are police directing cars into the queue!

What a waste of police time and resources!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
The only solution is to shut them down until a later date when people can use them in a normal manner, all the time they are open in the current situation customers will just keep queueing and causing traffic chaos, the problems caused over the last week around the country at macdonalds and KFC etc just highlights the scale of the problem and that it isn't just going to calm down by itself , customers just don't use common sense , all they are worried about is getting there fast food hit and sod anyone else.

Reactions: Rs3ego
I'm avoiding any town with a drive thru fast food outlet now , just not worth the hassle of getting stuck in a stationary gridlock situation.

A friend of mine ventured into town today and he was stuck in the same gridlocks, this problem need addressing by someone .

I don't find your reply funny whatsoever.
When some people have nothing better to do than cause traffic chaos just to get a fast food hit and it effect's other that are working and need to use the road network , that's just out of order.
What about people on buses trying to get into town , stuck in traffic for hours , delivery drivers stuck in stationary traffic unable to get to drop of destination on time.
And then some of those fast fooder's causing the problems moan that they didn't get this or that or the delivery couldn't make your delivery because of traffic disruption.

Not a laughing matter at all.

You don't understand work then and people that have to travel for work purposes, and going to a supermarket to do shopping for other less abled members of ones family is critical if they cant access basic services.

God I so miss McDonald's quarter pounder cheese burgers.
Not that much to queue for hours, that is just silly.
Not just the hours of my life wasted but because of afore mentioned turmoil.
I shall wait a week or 2 then absolutely gorge myself silly lol.

I think a contributor to the mcgridlock is the way they operate under these circumstances.
Drive through only.
People without cars, who would not be able to drive through are piling into people's cars in order to get there fix you see. (Social distancing not!)
So there's much more traffic trying to get into the drive through because they simply can't walk through if that makes sense.
I also know for a fact that most councils are refusing to cooperate with the traffic management.
That is a major contributing factor.

You are still missing the point of this thread, I am moaning about it because its a real problem but you seem to think it ok to cause traffic gridlock.
I'll think about your comments when emergency services cant get through to an accident or similar because of this problem.

Upload 2020 6 8 19 12 39

Traffic gridlock for 6 days in a row and the report doesn't mention the much larger scale of gridlock around surrounding roads making access into woking almost impossible.

And another very recent news report has advised that they will be closing until further notice if the congestion caused continues .

You didn't read the thread did you.
You need to engage brain and read the thread properly.

@I'm Just Rob. are you talking to yourself, a sign of lockdown perhaps lol

Reactions: DieselJake
Turned a bit George Orwell 1984 with alternate thoughts being stripped from the record.

Reactions: CHEZ and Alistair D
Same here local McDonalds had Q's onto the A road, customers were at arms house with Maccy D staff who closed the car park because they was full and they were telling people not to Q on the A road, absolute joke just like their junk customers.

Our local council removed bins from local laybys which was good when on lockdown as no one out much.
Now however the sides of roads and laybys are littered with rubbish especially the ones nearest Mcd s , which is far enough to drive to and stop to eat.