MAF Location

meatychi

Reaction score
Morning All!

Can someone tell me where my MAF is located. I wanna try disconnecting it to monitor performance.

I have a 1998 V6!

Cheers

on my 1.8t it is in the airbox. open it as if you were changing the filter and have a look

yours might be different.

if you just want to disconnect it ( and its in the same place as mine) you should find a bubber sealing grommet going into the top of the box. gently lift this back and your maf is directly below. it is possible to disconnect with out opening box.

hope this helps

TonyT

The Mass Air Flow sensor of the V6 is in the pipe from the airbox. It is very easy to see and disconnect. There is a length of flexy hose that runs from the MAF sensor unit that leads the the back of the engine and the throttle valve.

Disconnecting it may not do much. I tried starting the engine without the MAF sensor in place and it just shut the engine down as it assumed there was no air intake. But I'm not sure how the ECU would interpret a loss of signal from the unit so give it a try.

Hope this helps

When the MAF was knacked on the wifes Beetle disconecting did'nt make a difference neither did cleaning it but once changed performance was mental,I used to clean the maf on my v6tdi every year or so and it made a world of difference and never had to change it.