MAF

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
Is there a recommended time to change your MAF? Somebody told me they are usually changed at around 40,000miles. I looked at mine the other day and noticed it was still the orginal from 1998 and my car has done 93,000 miles now. Would this be whats making my cars power so intermittent and the fuel consumption crap?

hi, MAF's do tend to effect fuel consumption but to be honest, i just clean the MAF on all my cars with electrical contact cleaner from maplins and it does tend to make the car smoother and respond a bit better, best way to see if maf is totally gone is diagnostic, it is a pricey part to replace for no reason so see if cleaning it does the trick.

hope this helps

Is there a PDF file of some sort on how to access the MAF?

undo the wiring harness

take from air box.

thats about it

Yeah I did mine outside Audi´s so I could leave the old one as an exchange. Took me 2 min to remove and install the new one. Could not be easier

Nice one fellas. I'll have a stab at it tomorrow.

I know it has been said 1000 times before, someone who can log your MAF with VCDS will be able to tell if your MAF is working. Throwing money at something just for the hell of it is quite daft.
Faulty temperature sensors etc will not give any obvious error but still cause poor MPG

I am replacing mine tomorrow, I have scanned it about 4 times in a month all with the same error even after cleaning. So off to euro car parts to get a replacement for £67 I guess it's not too bad. Hopefully improve my stage 2 a bit. As it feels hesitant from time to time

I Jay replaced mine. And boy what a difference. The error code was mac signal too low. I have not scanned it since but it is much smoother and quicker.