Main Beam Assist

markyboy75

Reaction score
Hi , I recently purchased a 2018 a6 avant with the tour pack. One of the options within the pack is the high beam assist, which according to various websites is a sensor behind the rear view mirror. However I haven’t got this but when I switch the main beam on I do get the auto underneath the symbol. Just wanted to confirm if this is indeed correct as confused how this is working , I’m assuming it’s using the camera , however why does all the sites mention a sensor . I have attached a photo of what sites mention is used for the main beam assist and circled this which again as mentioned I haven’t got. Thanks In advance Mark
2ADC1EC8 1DDC 4442 9A4A A838B011217E

For the C8 it does use the camera for the main beam assist, if your avant is truly a MY18 then it's a C7.5, if it's a later 68 plate then it's a MY19 model (C8) and you have to look for materials for 2019 A6 as looking for the 2018 will be looking for info on the previous model.

have a look in the mmi and see if there is an Option to enable MBA. Light switch must also be set to auto for it to work.

Had MBA on my 2018 A5 and that used the camera rather than a sensor

Hi Thanks all .
Mine is indeed a 68 so the c8 platform . As I kept seeing the sensor as per the picture , but mine didn’t have it I was confused as to how it worked, but as mentioned had the auto under the main beam icon when pushing the stalk forward. So wasn’t completely sure ,

Hi Thanks all .
Mine is indeed a 68 so the c8 platform . As I kept seeing the sensor as per the picture , but mine didn’t have it I was confused as to how it worked, but as mentioned had the auto under the main beam icon when pushing the stalk forward. So wasn’t completely sure ,
Yup, that would do it, I can see this camera was used in the previous generation like the B8 A4 and the 8U Q3 so it probably was used on the C7 A6 as well, with C8 it's all handled by the lone camera (might differ with ACC I suppose) in the triangle cutout.

If you have the auto displayed then it’s working and you have it. Activate/deactivate using the stalk.

Reactions: PaulR7