Main dealer car washing sign

Rjw76

Reaction score
Hi all,

I remember seeing in the forum, a little while ago, a sign that someone had produced to stop the Audi dealer from cleaning the car when it‘s in for a service... but I can’t find it now... can anyone link me to it if they know what I‘m referring to?

Thanks guys!

IMG 1011 1

Reactions: ArrEssDrei and NevMan
Hi all,

I remember seeing in the forum, a little while ago, a sign that someone had produced to stop the Audi dealer from cleaning the car when it‘s in for a service... but I can’t find it now... can anyone link me to it if they know what I‘m referring to?

Thanks guys!
You can buy better ones ie specific do not wash this car signs that can be hung on the rear view mirror

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Thanks guys!
There is no guarantee mind. I have often thought about printing the above on A4 card, laminating it then punching a hole through it to use as a keyring when taking my car in for service. But I am not sure some would even take note of that...

There is a stickie thread at the top of this forum section with several signs including downloadable ones

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Thanks all... I took my car into Audi to check an engine light (under warranty, so happy to take to the main dealer) and it came back with the job diagnosed and booked in for repair... and cleaned... it didn’t even occur to me when I dropped it off and I kept thinking of the dealer scraping the car over with a dirty, scratchy rag... so when it went in for repair I was all ready to be very direct that I didn’t want it cleaned... I had my excuses ready, was prepared for comments like “but it’s free of charge Sir”, etc, etc. When I actually dropped the car off and said not to clean it, the lady said “of course, no problem, we know some people prefer to wash the car themselves“... oh... that was easy! Well done Audi!

Reactions: NevMan, DW81 and Sandra
Hi all,

Thanks guys!
Hi, I was going to ask why you wouldn’t let anyone wash your car, but by reading some of replies, I take it that the cleaners could possibly scratch the paintwork.
Unfortunately I'm 68 and disabled, so I’m unable to wash it myself, but I never thought that getting it washed would be such an issue.

Hi, I was going to ask why you wouldn’t let anyone wash your car, but by reading some of replies, I take it that the cleaners could possibly scratch the paintwork.
Unfortunately I'm 68 and disabled, so I’m unable to wash it myself, but I never thought that getting it washed would be such an issue.

Welcome to the forum.

Some of us are, to varying degrees, very protective / overly protective about our paintwork, and I include myself in the latter category.