Making fuel lines

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Any know what is required to make these up. I would like to make my own fuel lines like the ones show in the picture below but not sure what is required to make them.

Pipe, fittings (can’t remember if they have olives or not) and a crimping tool.

I've got all the pipes and compression joints to connect the old hardlines which were in good condition near the engine bay to the new hard lines that will run to the back of the car. What I don't have is the hard line to flexi and flexi to the Banjo union as in the picture. Cannot seam to find any supplies that would sell these connectors or the correct crimping tool.

Competition supplies, or Hel might be able to make you one up.

Problem with getting a third party company to do the job is the length of the hardline it's over 2 meter long with a a few bends so it's not something you can make up and stick in the post. It was why I was looking to make up my own pipes buying the correct tools & connectors.

Problem with getting a third party company to do the job is the length of the hardline it's over 2 meter long with a a few bends so it's not something you can make up and stick in the post. It was why I was looking to make up my own pipes buying the correct tools & connectors.
Try Tom @creweaudiparts see if he can help you Lee

Unfortunately the pipe (PN# 896 201 545G) was made obsolete 11 years ago, it still available at tradition at €109 + shipping to Germany then to the UK + 10% buyer fees as we all know that Audi tradition still refuses to ship to the UK! If there is any UK stock left then I would be interested but after 11 years I cannot see their being any left in the UK, could be wrong but as they know to fail due to rust they all got snapped up.

Also the shipping cost would be interesting as the pipe is 2 meters in length about a meter wide and the same in height, got quotes of £400 and way more from Germany to the UK :-(

So my only option is to make my own pipe as I don't think that would fit in the Mrs A3 either.

Any know what is required to make these up. I would like to make my own fuel lines like the ones show in the picture below but not sure what is required to make them.
View attachment 249538
Hi, I don’t know where your based but I’m in Essex and could absolutely help. Oil Cooler, Steering, Brake, fuel and simple oil or water hoses are a daily for my guys at work. Find a Local Pirtek and hopefully they’ll be someone good enough on the trade counter to do whatever you need. Lovely restoration so far, we get involved in loads and it’s great to see the work go into them and do much more than just a car at the end. Link for locations (hope that’s ok) https://www.pirtek.co.uk/
Any questions then please just ask. As for what makes them, often cutting, silver soldering, machine crimping and sometimes some screwing (but not ‘that’ type). We keep a massive range of parts but OEM can be pretty odd ball at times. Hope that helps

Reactions: B5NUT
North east in Darlington unfortunately. The hardline I'm using is 5/16in - 7.94mm Cupro-Nickel, what I need is that hardline to go into flexi fuel line and onto an M12 Banjo union. I have a 5/16 flare tool 8mm id fuel line and a banjo union, and as it stand my current option would be to use double hear hose clamps which state they are rated to 12Bar and for the S2 the pressure from what I've been told is 6 bar. So it should handle the pressure but would prefer the more OEM look and finish.

North east in Darlington unfortunately. The hardline I'm using is 5/16in - 7.94mm Cupro-Nickel, what I need is that hardline to go into flexi fuel line and onto an M12 Banjo union. I have a 5/16 flare tool 8mm id fuel line and a banjo union, and as it stand my current option would be to use double hear hose clamps which state they are rated to 12Bar and for the S2 the pressure from what I've been told is 6 bar. So it should handle the pressure but would prefer the more OEM look and finish.
A picture speaks a thousand words. We’d use what we call a life saver hose tail (hopefully the pic attached)
E72E5189 3211 49D0 960C D31656445F02
silver soldered to the Kunifer tube, or you could use a compression fitting on an 8mm standpipe to join any flexi to your tube (not as neat and more joins to deal with I’m afraid). 12mm banjo to 5/16 hose tail is also available for me to order. 2nd option could be posted no issue at all. You could buy a length of 8mm tube. We’d solder it on a tail for you, and crimp it in a hose. I buy it in 7.5mtr coils and it ships no problem. You would need to bend, cut and flare on receipt but looking at what you’ve done before, I don’t see that being a challenge at all. If you just want a hose tail to solder on yourself, I can also help there. TBH, any hydraulic hose trade counter should be able to do this even if it isn’t one of ours. Google may be your friend and show you one closer if our centres are to far away.

Any chance you could PM your office contact number so we can talk about the options.:thumbs up: