Making S4 louder

HertS3

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just thought I'd share some prices I got from EMP Performance (near St Albans) in case anyone was thinking that their S4 is a bit too quiet for their liking.
They quoted me £299 for a custom-made mid silencer delete cross pipe, that's probably the first stage in this quest. He reckons an increase of 20% in noise and no drone. I think that's quite reasonable considering the 034 Motorsport pipe I saw is over £400 and you have to get it fitted (or do it yourself) and I much prefer it welded on than clamped for peace of mind that no fumes are escaping!
Next would be front silencers removed for £180.
Next stage is £1,400+ for custom exhaust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitro_CR
Sounds pretty reasonable to me and something I might consider when my A4 2.0 TFSI arrives! I'm close to St Albans too which helps. Thanks for posting about the prices and different stages they offer!

Reactions: HertS3
Sounds pretty reasonable to me and something I might consider when my A4 2.0 TFSI arrives! I'm close to St Albans too which helps. Thanks for posting about the prices and different stages they offer!
No worries - no doubt the A4 is somewhat different to the S4 but it gives you an idea anyway :)

No worries - no doubt the A4 is somewhat different to the S4 but it gives you an idea anyway :)
Yeah I'm sure it wouldn't produce the same glorious sound, maybe an idea to remove mid silencer and front silencers on the A4? I don't want any droning though.