Manda's B8 A4 build thread - Picture Heavy

Get your plastics hydro dipped something different and looks cool

I thought about that, not entirely ruled out. Considered Purple base with Carbon dip.. but then there is a stigma for me with FAKE carbon.. (google image below, not mine)

255ma6s.jpg

But I am in love with this colour, so contender number 2 which I think is more classy and not trying to be carbon :):
ac1b5996bdfdbf3c3efb9b021adfaf98.jpg

The red looks loads better than the purple and carbon the red looks a lot better quality and more refined look I think

Reactions: Meemo
I would go for the red I get what you mean with the carbon in my eyes it has to be real or its not worth bothering.

Managed to get my new Bilstein B8 shocks and new topmounts in :) turns out I was very very slow, spent 2/3 hours each side over 2 nights as I struggled hard with undoing the bolts, and trying to keep a shock compressed to get it in with only 1 decent jack was fiddly lol.

first night some very very nice friends dropped me a impact gun to help undo the bolts and even lent me their muscle when i couldnt torque the last 150nm bolt back up (i was knackered), life savers! didn't need the air gun for the second side though as i came prepared with a better breaker bar I borrowed from my BF and after the first side the second was much easier now i had done it all once.

I may have taken a chocolate break waiting for the impact gun...

dsc_2558-jpg.96283

When the old FK shocks came out became clear they was past it, one side I can Compress down and it doesn't come bk up (presumed as hydrolic/oil is normal), but side I took out the second night, returns to its start position after Compress (takes a good 30 seconds mind).
Safe to say these was useless and one was naffed, no more fk rubbish for me.

dsc_2572-jpg.96399

Lost all my tuck too which makes me sad :( but worth it as it is night and day difference now to drive.

Before
dsc_2567-jpg.96400

After

dsc_2575-jpg.96401

I am very pleased and the B8 bilstein shocks so far feel like they are worth every penny, i basically had no shocks before and drove on even the flattest roads bottom and teeth clenched dredding the slight dips and pot holes.
But now, i feel like i have a working car! i didnt expect such a difference, i can drive harder and not be scared of the crashing bouncing from the rear. :D

Reactions: CHEZ
So i love how a ring delete looks on the avant, never been sure on the saloon, but a recent 'I am bored of this and need to do something to it' prompted a random delete last night.

28760801082_ab44cc9737_c.jpg

28789783651_ae4fcebc47_c.jpg

TADAH
28789896301_872d1e5e69_b.jpg

Reactions: CHEZ and Adamwagg
Love it did it leave any ghost rings on the paint
Thanks, It did at first, but a good few passes of polish took it out, sadly the DA i have had for ages i had borrowed and now returned, so did it by hand for around 20 minutes straight.

Thanks, It did at first, but a good few passes of polish took it out, sadly the DA i have had for ages i had borrowed and now returned, so did it by hand for around 20 minutes straight.
Ouch bet that hurt your arm. did you get your plastics dipped in the end

Ouch bet that hurt your arm. did you get your plastics dipped in the end
Wasnt too bad tbf, excercise prob did me some good :)
nothing been done yet. Had a bit of personal rolercoaster recently, and now it is all over I am back to the car for focus.
I would still like the engine plastics painted a black cherry red, and to get honeycomb to diy honeycomb the fogs but the ones on ebay are the wrong dimensions, AND paint the diffuser and any chrome left behind anthracite lol it is all in my head but no actions done yet other than the debadge.
have been talking to a local company to have my dpf and stage 1 though :)

Wasnt too bad tbf, excercise prob did me some good :)
nothing been done yet. Had a bit of personal rolercoaster recently, and now it is all over I am back to the car for focus.
I would still like the engine plastics painted a black cherry red, and to get honeycomb to diy honeycomb the fogs but the ones on ebay are the wrong dimensions, AND paint the diffuser and any chrome left behind anthracite lol it is all in my head but no actions done yet other than the debadge.
have been talking to a local company to have my dpf and stage 1 though :)
Sweet stage 1 sounds good. Hope your ok now?? You going to aitp this weekend. I have been trying to get a decent stainless sorted for mine but is turning into a headache

Sweet stage 1 sounds good. Hope your ok now?? You going to aitp this weekend. I have been trying to get a decent stainless sorted for mine but is turning into a headache

Yeah one of those things, sure i will be back to myself in a few weeks, nice to have the car to work on anyway :)
No AITP for me, is quite far anyway but I am at a 1 year olds party (dont ask lol).
You looked at the custom places like EMP? I was very happy with their work.

not updated in a while, but deleted the rear rings, had a very lovely photoshoot with Kieren of Exhausted photography, lovely guy and very talented :)
and Had her taken away for have DPF gutted, egr coded out and a map.

Results :p

28789896301_872d1e5e69_c.jpg

Kierens piccies (just a few, loads on my flickr)

29941878911_dd91d78481_c.jpg

29746702321_4836c20ef2_c.jpg

29991209306_eebc81a0a8_c.jpg

29941953141_eb8865cdc5_c.jpg

Reactions: TomL83, ed1119, Radford212 and 2 others
done some wrapping in 5d carbon, replaced abs wheel sensor and battery.. nothing else exciting happening.

30220620033_ed1da866c8_c.jpg

30555026890_32f9d67b85_c.jpg

30555021740_3fe16bc631_c.jpg

30856052555_fe8d915923_c.jpg

Reactions: Jakes2514, THQuattro, ed1119 and 2 others
Looking good Manda!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Car has not been running so great since i got it back from Narco tuning last year after a dpf/egr delete and tune, had problems with white smoking at all temps. They recomended i blank out the egr with blanking plates which had been coded out and has now been done by Bobby.

Have had fumes in the cabin which got worse if I had the heaters on, so all winter been running with the heating off and opening the windows in intervals to clear out the fumes, this is simply because the white smoke was finding its way in through the vents in slow/stationary traffic.. yuck..
Exhaust had a little leak in the centre silencer which was easily fixed with a new clamp, but the fumes and cloud of white on idle was still pretty big issue, reversing into the smoke stinks the car out immediately.
Also power delivery was poor, seemed to have no extra pull from stock, just made a load of noise when foot went down but no proper acceleration for all the work that was done.

So any way, I saved up and took it to Bobby Singh on here for a new custom tune and general health check to hopefully fix the smoking and power.
And he seems to have cracked it (so far only had it back a few days)

He found the lambda sensor was broken, but the previous tuners had mapped out the error codes so that it was not reported on scans.. no idea why they did this. so new bosche Lambda sensor is now in and working correctly :)
He noted on the logging runs that it was running standard boost (1.5) and stock limits still in place, he also kindly noted it was slow lol
on closer inspection tables for mid boost (2000rpm) was at 1.7bar, but the rest for higher rpm was still standard 1.5 explaining why the loggin run showed standard stock values.

So Bobby has put in some blanking plates for the EGR, done a careful stage 2 map not pushing too much torque so my 122k clutch can have some more life, egts quoting 850 in third, replaced the lambda, and advised I need to change the thermostats (egr and rad) as my temp doesnt regulate at 90c, usually running a little cold.
Picked it back up and am a happy girl, second and third really tear up the tyres, so much more torque, can spin through all of second now so prob want to keep and eye on the tyres, the car generally feel much better and finally has some livelyness, and most gratefully, i am not seeing any white smoke belowing out the back any more and enjoyed driving home with my heating on the whole time :D

Waiting for a space on the rolling road for a saturday to get some figures.

Reactions: ed1119, Jakes2514, NL316 and 1 other person
Its a pitty the previous tuners seemed to have done a dodgy set-up! Hopefully its all sorted now and you have many smoke free miles ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

List is expensive.. doh
In an ideal world next would be Intercooler plus AMG roller bearing turbo (blame Bobby, he showed me a couple he had in shop and explained the different kinds, and I am sold), q5 brakes would be ideal as the standard are pretty soft and not very bitey. But i have other commitments like living and eating so that will be somewhere in the future.
The paint on my wheels are flaking off, so going to have them powder coated anthracite or gunmetal grey to stealth out a little :), powder coat this time though as wet paint just doesnt last.

Which is darker mind, gunmetal grey or anthracite? i want as close to black without going black.

Car looks pretty unloved these days but I cant justify washing in these months to see it filthy the next day. Just enjoying the smoke free driving now and extra power <3
32366242400_ee7d1eaf67_b.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, NL316, Ben85 and 1 other person
The list is endless I would say anthracite is the darker colour

List is expensive.. doh
In an ideal world next would be Intercooler plus AMG roller bearing turbo (blame Bobby, he showed me a couple he had in shop and explained the different kinds, and I am sold), q5 brakes would be ideal as the standard are pretty soft and not very bitey. But i have other commitments like living and eating so that will be somewhere in the future.
The paint on my wheels are flaking off, so going to have them powder coated anthracite or gunmetal grey to stealth out a little :), powder coat this time though as wet paint just doesnt last.

Which is darker mind, gunmetal grey or anthracite? i want as close to black without going black.

Car looks pretty unloved these days but I cant justify washing in these months to see it filthy the next day. Just enjoying the smoke free driving now and extra power <3

Whats sort of power figures are you getting?

Whats sort of power figures are you getting?

Dont know yet, pending getting it booked in surreys rolling road saturday events they run once a month, I am curious to know this too!
shame I have no base figures other than the dealer books 170bhp quoted.

memo,

where did you get your discs from and could I ask how much?
The Grooved/drilled ones? I had nothing but trouble with vibration and they destroyed multiple brake pads in very few miles, one set was put in, drove 100 miles, took them out and they had chunks missing, even after buying the same disks again they all did the same. They all ended up in the bin and I now have PAGID back in, and had no issues since. but if you really dont care about how much they destroy pads they are from MTEC, they costs somewhere around 200-300 all in I think.

Reactions: NL316
Dont know yet, pending getting it booked in surreys rolling road saturday events they run once a month, I am curious to know this too!
shame I have no base figures other than the dealer books 170bhp quoted.

The Grooved/drilled ones? I had nothing but trouble with vibration and they destroyed multiple brake pads in very few miles, one set was put in, drove 100 miles, took them out and they had chunks missing, even after buying the same disks again they all did the same. They all ended up in the bin and I now have PAGID back in, and had no issues since. but if you really dont care about how much they destroy pads they are from MTEC, they costs somewhere around 200-300 all in I think.
Wow didn't know that, I got my b7 a few weeks ago and it has drilled and grooved discs. Hmmmm

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Any updates manda how's the car running now

No Smoking, torque steer through most of second and third :p great fun but I have other issues to fix now :(
Noticed a donking noise when on the move, something to do with the wheels i reckon, dont feel it but do hear it, checked visualy and pressures and all fine but I dont trust it, so have ordered 20mm h&R spacers to put my standard wheels on for a bit which will hopefully make the noise stop, they have almost new michelins on so will keep me going a while untill i decided to sort the wide ones :)

Got a price on a thermostat and that will be my next item to sort as MPG has suffered and car takes a long time to heat up.. and only reaches full temp whilst i am giving her welly, then drops back to 75/80...

It never ends lol

I know tell me about it I'm starting all over again how's the other halfs rs.. Is the donking noise all the time??

I know tell me about it I'm starting all over again how's the other halfs rs.. Is the donking noise all the time??
Wouldnt know, distant memory :whistle2: I presume fine

New thermostat has seemingly got the temp running at 90 again and oil temp 95c-100c, phew
mpg is a lil lower than before, but i also hear a faint donking at 20mph-30mph so suspect something else is wanting attention.
Could not be happier with how it runs, so lively, it never felt like this when i got it back from the last tuners, cant help but drive like the stereo type when it gives so easily.. this may also have something to do with my mpg dipping.. :whistle2:

In the last 3 months she has had..
New Thermostat
New Tune and EGR blanking plates popped in (fixed the smoking)
New lambda sensor
New Wheel speed sensor (abs)
New Battery
New Exhaust clamp on the center silencer
Rear Bumper repaired after a car park rear end

.. to say she is getting needy doesnt quite cover it

Wouldnt know, distant memory :whistle2: I presume fine

New thermostat has seemingly got the temp running at 90 again and oil temp 95c-100c, phew
mpg is a lil lower than before, but i also hear a faint donking at 20mph-30mph so suspect something else is wanting attention.
Could not be happier with how it runs, so lively, it never felt like this when i got it back from the last tuners, cant help but drive like the stereo type when it gives so easily.. this may also have something to do with my mpg dipping.. :whistle2:

In the last 3 months she has had..
New Thermostat
New Tune and EGR blanking plates popped in (fixed the smoking)
New lambda sensor
New Wheel speed sensor (abs)
New Battery
New Exhaust clamp on the center silencer
Rear Bumper repaired after a car park rear end

.. to say she is getting needy doesnt quite cover it
What's the first meet your going to.. Be good to meet up

ooo INDs, love that design :D
I dont plan to go to any shows, infact i am putting her back on her standard wheels with some spacers soon just to save me buying new tyres lol
but i think if any i will go to then one at goodwood as it is in my home town and not far away :)

She has been a little ****** this year.
The DMF went when i was driving down the a34, towed to a local indi on a bar as flat beds wont take 'modified' cars without an extra fee, and the rac trailer wouldnt accomodate the width of the wheels. No power steering on a sprained wrist.. on my birthday/bank holiday eeeepp thanks love!
£900 lighter few days later got her back with a new Sach's clutch and dmf, feels amazing, light clutch pedal, no judder on pulling off and slips in each gear a dream. Stiff pedal and judder on pull off have been there since they day i got her in 2014, recent map just pushed her off the edge :)

In addition had a thudding noise between 10mph and 23mph, stops being audible once over that speed and was coming from the back.
Wheels at the back all look perfect, loads of tread, minimal camber wear, no bulges, flat spots and equally when alloys much the same, no warping and cracks. But once i put my standard wheels on the back sounds gone, even adding spacers sound is still gone, so seems either a dud tyre but cant see the problem, or wheel, so for now I am on standards but i do have a full set of rainsports to go on eventually, pending a refurb i reckon and my bank to recover from the clutch.

34402268175_fd96a07bb7_c.jpg

Before Spacers, as this is my set up for the next month or so needed something
34371914362_0db6d01af6_b.jpg

20mm h and r's on the back
34491440316_654256f1e0_c.jpg

34371868992_6c188c1c8a_c.jpg

34491445816_834659de22_c.jpg

Reactions: Jakes2514, THQuattro and xpoweruk
Hi Meemo,

Cant help with regards to your wheels but does sound Tyre/Bead related,

But wanted to ask, where did you get your rear lights tint material and was it a particular shade?