Map 2.0TDI 170 PD Quattro (57 plate)

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
was just looking for some advice regarding tuning my 2.0TDI 170 PD Quattro (57 plate).

it has done 125k miles and apart from being a bit smelly has no issues. Still has everything stock incl DPF. Never had any issues with DPF.

I am considering getting a map on the car as I believe the 170 can easily be mapped to 215.

has anyone done this in an old car? It’s 14 year old now. Anything I need to look out for? Can the map cause issues with DPF?
Can anyone recommend any good tuners?

thanks!

was just looking for some advice regarding tuning my 2.0TDI 170 PD Quattro (57 plate).

it has done 125k miles and apart from being a bit smelly has no issues. Still has everything stock incl DPF. Never had any issues with DPF.

I am considering getting a map on the car as I believe the 170 can easily be mapped to 215.

has anyone done this in an old car? It’s 14 year old now. Anything I need to look out for? Can the map cause issues with DPF?
Can anyone recommend any good tuners?

thanks!
If you get a good tune it will not cause issues with the dpf. Go for somewhere that has a lot of good reviews and don’t go for the cheapest.
215bhp is maybe possible but not easily achieved. Mine 170 is mapped and made 212bhp mine is a cr engine though. It would definately achieve over 215bhp if dpf and egr were removed.
Bhp is not everything though, a good map will give you good torque and good useable torque is what you would use more in day to day driving than bhp.

where in the uk are you?

oh and I wouldn’t be worried about the age and mileage of your car if you’ve looked after it. 125000 miles at 14 year old is nothing.

I’m based in cardiff, but happy to drive a elsewhere based on recommendations

I'm getting my car remapped today. Having sold my S3 and replaced it with a VW CC 170 TDI, I'm missing the mid-range punch and need a bit of extra torque.
Any-where around 200bhp is fine with me, as i'm fully aware that the highest figures don't translate into useable power in the right areas.
Mine is on 120,000 miles and well maintained so I don't foresee any problems.

I'm getting my car remapped today. Having sold my S3 and replaced it with a VW CC 170 TDI, I'm missing the mid-range punch and need a bit of extra torque.
Any-where around 200bhp is fine with me, as i'm fully aware that the highest figures don't translate into useable power in the right areas.
Mine is on 120,000 miles and well maintained so I don't foresee any problems.
Where are you getting it done? Is it a PD or CR engine? I think CR is easier to map?

CR engine in mine.
Had it done at a local tuning company in the Cotswolds. It wasn't mapped on a rolling road, it was given a generic base map and then fine tuned to give me better economy and torque.

I think the CR engine is more amenable for tuning-correct me if I’m wrong