Map update and other minor MMI issues

Mr CB

Reaction score
Have an S3, since Nov last year. Really like the car, no real issues, the performance is great. I have had the SOS not working warning twice, but both times it was fine after stopping and turning off the car. No MMI reboots or other problems except……
The car recognises me as the key user and the myAudi app works for nearly all functions, which I’ll get to in a sec.
However the MMI asks me to complete my user setup. I’ve never managed to do this as when I add my username and password for myAudi into the MMI I get a ‘A technical error has occurred the user cannot be loaded’ message.
I have had a map updating message since day one, and that has never completed, plus when I create a destination on the myAudi app, and send it to the car, it never receives it.
Not major, and not worth a trip to the dealer.
Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be, and have a simple fix?

Have an S3, since Nov last year. Really like the car, no real issues, the performance is great. I have had the SOS not working warning twice, but both times it was fine after stopping and turning off the car. No MMI reboots or other problems except……
The car recognises me as the key user and the myAudi app works for nearly all functions, which I’ll get to in a sec.
However the MMI asks me to complete my user setup. I’ve never managed to do this as when I add my username and password for myAudi into the MMI I get a ‘A technical error has occurred the user cannot be loaded’ message.
I have had a map updating message since day one, and that has never completed, plus when I create a destination on the myAudi app, and send it to the car, it never receives it.
Not major, and not worth a trip to the dealer.
Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be, and have a simple fix?
You could try changing your password on the APP and then redo the setup

It sounds like the configuration in the car has not completed - therefore the app is not integrated with the car yet.

Have you tried forcing the MMI to reboot and start again? You can do this by holding down the power button on the MMI wheel next to the gear lever - then try and set up again in the car?

I had the map update message for ages and it never completed. Had to go into the dealer to be sorted and has been fine ever since.

As an aside - what version map are you all on? I'm in the UK and it has not done a monthly update since July - before then I received updates every month