Facelift Map updates not available

DescendDescend

Reaction score
Hi

I recently purchased a used MY18 S3 with Tech Pack and VC. I updated the UK maps over the air but when I try to update other countries it says to go to myAudi. On myAudi it says:

Map update
Always keep the maps in your navigation system up-to-date, with the Audi connect map update

No updates available
There are currently no map packages stored in the system for your vehicle. We are working on making these available to you as soon as possible.

After a month of correspondence with Audi I recieved the latest response:

Kindly be informed that the customer - vehicle is eligible for 5 free map updates within the first 3 - year period. According to the screenshots you provided us, we see that there are no more maps available for you to download.

Therefore, you are kindly requested to visit an authorized Audi dealership of your preference in order to get updates for your navigation maps. We recommend contacting them in order to be provided with more details on the process.

Questiona arising:

1) How is it that I could update the UK maps a month ago on line but no other regions?

2) How do you find out the current dates of your map regions?

3) How do you find out whether you have had 5 map updates.

4) If I havent had the 5 updates covering Europe then how do I get them (officially). They are meant to be free?

Many thanks

1. Because newer versions have come out? Before you could download the old map you already have?
2. In the car settings, go to map details
3. Dont know. Do a back date of the updates, ie: 2yearly. You come with one installed, then 5 free which is takes you to around the 3yrs marker.
4. Not free. The 5 are free as stated by Audi. You now have to pay for it.

This happened to me, Audi support was of absolute zero help. After 20 emails and essentially giving up, three months later I was nosing around and I found I was in the wrong 'country' when logged in to the Audi website. Check the flag, and if not put back to UK flag, and your maps should appear.

Any idea how to change country? My has Canada since I registered. Click on flag does nothing. Thanks for help.

Any idea how to change country? My has Canada since I registered. Click on flag does nothing. Thanks for help.

Yup I had Canada too, that was the issue why I couldnt download my maps.

I cant remember how I fixed it, if I remember, Ill let you know!

1. Because newer versions have come out? Before you could download the old map you already have?
2. In the car settings, go to map details
3. Dont know. Do a back date of the updates, ie: 2yearly. You come with one installed, then 5 free which is takes you to around the 3yrs marker.
4. Not free. The 5 are free as stated by Audi. You now have to pay for it.

Probably me being daft but:

1) I don't understand your answer.
2) Searched under Car (and everywhere else) but cant find map dates (or for that matter any info on software or firmware). My 2018 Tiguan had it all on one page.
3) Not sure how to do a 'backdate'. The car is 3 years old end of November. To me that means it should have had the initial install when built (say September 2017, then 5 more 6 monthly updates say Jan 2018, July 2018, Jan 2019, July 2019, Jan 2020. Not sure it explains why I could update in August 2020 for UK only. However I think I am making progress with the wrong country flag assigned to my account.
4) I would expect to pay for July 2020 but I did an online update in August.

Probably me being daft but:

1) I don't understand your answer.
2) Searched under Car (and everywhere else) but cant find map dates (or for that matter any info on software or firmware). My 2018 Tiguan had it all on one page.
3) Not sure how to do a 'backdate'. The car is 3 years old end of November. To me that means it should have had the initial install when built (say September 2017, then 5 more 6 monthly updates say Jan 2018, July 2018, Jan 2019, July 2019, Jan 2020. Not sure it explains why I could update in August 2020 for UK only. However I think I am making progress with the wrong country flag assigned to my account.
4) I would expect to pay for July 2020 but I did an online update in August.

1: Did you edit your original question as your original post shows a different question now! Anyway, you can only update 1 region online to the car directly, the rest are via SD Card updates, downloaded to card then transferred to car. Do you meant this?
3: backdate as in count backwards how many updates you have had.
4: Your update in July might have been an old one that you hadn’t updated? Someone once posted that we cannot jump updates and still get them free. For example we cannot have 5 updates and use them once a year, they are taken when they are released.

This is what is on my myAudi. Iv used up all my allowance.

0CB7D213 B2B8 45B4 A72B B7882FA0E382

No. I didnt edit although tempted to correct spelling. Your help much appreciated.

I agree with your number 1) but I can't do the other regions. See my picture below.
3) I have not had the car from new so I dont know what has been updated. The date I listed are just a guess as to what should have happened with the previous owner.
4) Agree that you cant save updates. Use them or loose them but I should be able to do the last update as per your picture but mine is different - See discussion re Canada flag.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    987.3 KB · Views: 302
Resolved issue. You must select your country (using the flag) before logging in. Then map download options will appear when you log in. No option to change country after log in.

Reactions: Ormesome and Dubjam
Resolved issue. You must select your country (using the flag) before logging in. Then map download options will appear when you log in. No option to change country after log in.

can you send me a link to the login page where you select your flag/country? Thanks

Doesn’t matter i think i have found the page but when i load in it doesnt give me any option to update the maps, so I possibly might not have found the right page

Anyone had any joy downloading maps recently?

MyAudi seems to authenticate using identity.vwgroup.io now as part of the Audi Ecosystem. (I think that’s the third platform migration).

Even selecting UK etc I can see my car, service record and all that, but no maps download option regardless of overview / Features / Service tab.

My last download was August 2020 (Europe 2020/2021) so I should have 1 update remaining. Previously it would still show the map option even if you had already downloaded it.

Last edited: