Mapping Bitdi History

Re read his posts. I haven't got any time for a c o clock fest. I'm not looking at anything from the wrong angle Rhyso. Regarding uncomfortable questions and having a pop at people again re read his posts. The irony is neither he not you have a BITDI. :) Guys crack on if you've got an itch go scratch it yourself. I'm out of here far too busy to waste anymore thinking about this rubbish.
Guys anyone wants any help that I can offering on bitdi I'm always open to pass over my experience. Just Pm me no problem, :).

I think you guys are looking at Bobby's comments from the wrong angle

I've followed Bobby's builds over the last few years from when he had his 300bhp MK4 Golf and from what he posts, to me, he is simply curious about how and why things work and was and is always willing to share knowledge, which surely is the point of forums?? :)

You will always get differing points of view but there's no need to have a pop at someone for simply asking what some may regard as 'uncomfortable questions'

:)

Last edited:
Just because I don't have a BiTDI doesn't stop me from commenting

I've been modifying cars for over 10 years so I have a genuine interest in the development of any car.

I'm always looking for new ideas and to see what others have done, not in the pursuit of c o c k waving figures, but to improve the overall driving experience of the car I own.

Quite often parts are shared between engines so why should the fact I don't have a BiTDI stop me asking questions about the various mods you guys have done????? I may want to purchase a BiTDI in the future and therefore reading and asking questions can help myself and others make informed decisions.

Myself and others like Bobby aren't here to pick a fight. We have a genuine interest in improving our cars :)

People will always question rolling road figures sinply because the results can vary so much from one to another, even if they use the same dyno manufacturer such as Dyno Dynamics

Finding a good rolling road which is
A) independent from a major tuner and
B) can be operated properly is like finding a needle in a haystack :(

Reactions: bobby singh and The Black Panther
I created this and the other upgrade posts A6 C7 ,RS c7 Brake upgrade, RS steering wheel, Gear lever and lowering to openly give my experience, parts numbers, costs, and also to gather and get other to feed back on their knowledge. If people are not willing to believe or know better ( that don't even have practical experience even of the cars) and want to argue wether a rolling road is 5-10% out of spec crack on. By all means ask questions wether you have a BITDI or not. The thread is open.

I am the one who bought my car new and within warranty period ( and had many people telling me id ruin my engine and gearbox - another set of experts):
  • Had a DTUK box weeks after purchase - good difference from standard.
  • Had a stage one with another 4 months of delivery - even better and once you have it you'll be constantly disappointed when its take off for servicing or warranty work until you have the map loaded back up. Audi picked up on this map and removed engine and drive train warranty
  • Moved to stage three 2.5 years after purchase. Stupid, much faster and completely different from stage one plus a lot more expensive to make happen. Good bye warranty.

There are always people who pose as experts and thats fine I've met many of them and i tend to be courtesy for a while until i let them know I'm not interested in a c o c k fest. But to place yourself at the top of the knowledge tree sweeping away others and yet have little or no practical experience of the car and far greater knowledge than REVO, MTM, JD, and APR - well what can i say it seems NASA have missed out big time here.

Bobby I'm not sure why your seeking to discredit the figures of JD engineering but your welcome to waste head space on it. It seems like a fruitless exercise in nothing, thats going nowhere and producing nothing of any positive value other than try and answer some story argument you seem to be having with yourself ( envy springs to mind).

You have your car with fantastic figures and thats great . Fantastic well done.

I'm not sure what your point or problem is with people tuning BITDI's ? You'd think we had purposely gone out to massage all the figures, expertise, money spent and practical experience. :) Its pretty daft conclusion and outlook to adopt and if it wasn't for me wryly smiling at the comments you've made someone could take them as incredibly condescending, insulting and idiotic.

Talking about c o ck size (which is what the actually what the seems to be about for you) for all you know you Bobby instead of talking to some who sells fridges out of curry's you could be talking to someone who is a lead commissioning engineer and tuning Nuclear turbo generators 800 mw and large CCGT's ( look it up) 460 mw regularly from Brazil to Africa. Which is exactly what i do. Im hardly a blindly led, bumbling idiot, prone to jumping to conclusions and accepting any old ***** thats presented to me.

Once you get an A6 and a BITDI you'll have plenty of time to investigate what the realities are. Until then you can sit wondering. I have better things to do with my time than engage any more with these daft posts. Im all up for engaging in meaningful engaging honest posts but these post just aren't that.

~I started this thread to engage, discuss, learn, share and educate development of tuning these power plants. Not to shoot about my c o c k size. Your not the first know it all to tell me that it wasn't possible. Im surprised MTM, REVO or APR haven't snapped you up yet you could teach them a thing to too ? Have you thought about applying to design the new space shuttle :) :whistle2:

Mr Audi - my objective is not to come on here and offend you. I have already tuned a bi turbo engine, and when respecting egt's and lambda I find it difficult to believe that a stage 3 JD set up makes 450hp / 900nm plus. Hence why I asked if anyone with such a set up has had their cars on a dyno other than JD's. I then gave you some figures from my car so you can compare - what was wrong in that? This thread is about bi turbo mapping not about my car.

I look forward to your dyno and logs so we can study them in this post :)

If possible use http://www.surreyrollingroad.com/

I think you guys are looking at Bobby's comments from the wrong angle

I've followed Bobby's builds over the last few years from when he had his 300bhp MK4 Golf and from what he posts, to me, he is simply curious about how and why things work and was and is always willing to share knowledge, which surely is the point of forums?? :)

You will always get differing points of view but there's no need to have a pop at someone for simply asking what some may regard as 'uncomfortable questions'

:)

Thanks Rhyso - like you say I've shared a lot over the years and hopefully helped the TDI world

Also this is an excuse for me to finally get around to rolling road my A7 with my tuning box as my posted figures are based on the bhp/nm % increases of the last 2 cars I had these boxes attached too :p

Not a bad idea actually. Having cars on the same dyno same day etc means less variables - good shout.

woooooooo

this thread just got grilled...............................can all BiTDi owners....please stand up :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Mr Audi - my objective is not to come on here and offend you. I have already tuned a bi turbo engine, and when respecting egt's and lambda I find it difficult to believe that a stage 3 JD set up makes 450hp / 900nm plus. Hence why I asked if anyone with such a set up has had their cars on a dyno other than JD's. I then gave you some figures from my car so you can compare - what was wrong in that? This thread is about bi turbo mapping not about my car.

I look forward to your dyno and logs so we can study them in this post :)

If possible use http://www.surreyrollingroad.com/

Thanks Rhyso - like you say I've shared a lot over the years and hopefully helped the TDI world

Not a bad idea actually. Having cars on the same dyno same day etc means less variables - good shout.

Oh Bobby give my head peace will you!?!? just absorbe the fact that maybe some tuners outwith the UK are better than others ? my current tuner also dismissed the claims before I made the journey to Holland , and do you know what, i drive the car every day and the differnce after the JD tune is absolutely outstnding..!! your not here to simply ask questions, your merely here to dismiss our claims and be a bit of an A hole if Im honest.. just deal with the fact that JD can achieve the figures they state and you cant compute it in your head how they mange it, just like my current tuner couldn't... maybe they really know what they are doing eh ?.. i too dont have time to try and justify figures and facts to someone who a a problem with their manhood.!! Why dont you just deal with the fact they are damn good tuners and can achieve those results????

Bob why dont you post a of imposiblities why the Bitdi cannot be tuned to 450Hp and 925Nm torque below and I'll do my best to get them answered for you ?

Reactions: Misikee
it seems like this thread is about bitdi vs tdi now :sign hijacked::sign hijacked::sign hijacked:

I am trying to understand when did Bobby or Rhyso said it can't be done.....

it seems like this thread is about bitdi vs tdi now :sign hijacked::sign hijacked::sign hijacked:

Me too. I've never questioned the results. I've followed this thread and others with interest as I like to see people pushing the boundaries and seeing what can be done :)

sometimes numbers don't matter
From my tunner the best times on a drag (400m )was 12.7 ( bitdi engine Audi A6 sedan ) , 12.75 (bitdi A7 )

You can see the cars in action here

i'm curious what time can do a JD tunned car because the numbers do impress everyone. A run on a drag strip , or another dyno session but...
Nothing found on internet , no image no video no nothing

MTM , Revo or others are good because they give warranty , when you have a new car you can go with them but if you want more like a custom software increase you they aren't the best .

I do agree with @bobby singh and have seen a lot of cars along my experience and to make that power with stock parts it like a walk on the moon

Don't say it's impossible but never seen one

Best regards

Reactions: The Black Panther
Oh Bobby give my head peace will you!?!? just absorbe the fact that maybe some tuners outwith the UK are better than others ? my current tuner also dismissed the claims before I made the journey to Holland , and do you know what, i drive the car every day and the differnce after the JD tune is absolutely outstnding..!! your not here to simply ask questions, your merely here to dismiss our claims and be a bit of an A hole if Im honest.. just deal with the fact that JD can achieve the figures they state and you cant compute it in your head how they mange it, just like my current tuner couldn't... maybe they really know what they are doing eh ?.. i too dont have time to try and justify figures and facts to someone who a a problem with their manhood.!! Why dont you just deal with the fact they are damn good tuners and can achieve those results????

If you have 450hp /900nm and you believe it without a dyno run on a accurate dyno then thats down to you.
If you had poor tunes in the past and now you have a decent one the difference will be day and night but that doesn't prove the claimed power.
I rarely believe claims unless backed up with some type of evidence 1/4 mile run, dyno, vcds logs etc

Bob why dont you post a of imposiblities why the Bitdi cannot be tuned to 450Hp and 925Nm torque below and I'll do my best to get them answered for you ?

Why? I've stated already make some logs and go on a accurate dyno (I've provided a link to one above)

sometimes numbers don't matter
From my tunner the best times on a drag (400m )was 12.7 ( bitdi engine Audi A6 sedan ) , 12.75 (bitdi A7 )

You can see the cars in action here

i'm curious what time can do a JD tunned car because the numbers do impress everyone. A run on a drag strip , or another dyno session but...
Nothing found on internet , no image no video no nothing

MTM , Revo or others are good because they give warranty , when you have a new car you can go with them but if you want more like a custom software increase you they aren't the best .

I do agree with @bobby singh and have seen a lot of cars along my experience and to make that power with stock parts it like a walk on the moon

Don't say it's impossible but never seen one

Best regards

Did Dragos do your tuning? if so his A5 is very quick as I discovered on tdiclub recently - 11.8's is just mind blowing

Reactions: cata_adc and Horia
Yes Bobby, Dragoș is my friend and he's a great man.

The A5 is now for sale, another project on the map
I'd like to see a JD dyno or something to prove what they're selling
8e54440870cf3942801c90c71b1b7bb4.jpg

The A5 dyno is here
60a04d3eea9dcac1a9bccbf5a5d97938.jpg

Sorry for the offtopic

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobby singh
If you have 450hp /900nm and you believe it without a dyno run on a accurate dyno then thats down to you.
If you had poor tunes in the past and now you have a decent one the difference will be day and night but that doesn't prove the claimed power.
I rarely believe claims unless backed up with some type of evidence 1/4 mile run, dyno, vcds logs etc

I have my Dyno graph and believe it..
who said I had a poor previouse tune ?.. your assuming again.. of course 380 to over 450 is going to feel like night and day...

Why? I've stated already make some logs and go on a accurate dyno (I've provided a link to one above)
So your implicitly saying on an open forum that JD Engineering are conning paying customers and flunking resuts on an inacurate dyno ??

Did Dragos do your tuning? if so his A5 is very quick as I discovered on tdiclub recently - 11.8's is just mind blowing

Bob you aint answered my question or related to my answers... you keep on harping on about using an accurate dyno...?!?!?! what makes you think JD dyno is inaccurate ?!?!?!?! as Iv stated 3 times my pre map run was just about identicle to the graph my prev tuner had mapped.. I dont need to prove anything to you and have no reason to believe JD are conning customers.. Can you please enlighten us as to why your stating JD's Dyno is innacurate ??

If you need hard proof , feel free to drive to Glasgow and I'll supply you with all the proof you want

They directly implied it cant be done by saying can you get your car checked on an accurate dyno.. or can you show me VCDS to back your claims up ? He doesn know JD from Adam so why imply they are conning people ? also this is nothing to do with Bitdi Vs Tdi.. Its about people not willing to believe facts and dyno runs from decent tuners.

They directly implied it cant be done by saying can you get your car checked on an accurate dyno.. or can you show me VCDS to back your claims up ? He doesn know JD from Adam so why imply they are conning people ? also this is nothing to do with Bitdi Vs Tdi.. Its about people not willing to believe facts and dyno runs from decent tuners.

Please show me where I implied that??

I said people will always question dyno results but I myself have at no point in this thread questioned yours or Mr Audi's results

I've seen lots of people over the years claim big power and then stick their car on a dyno and be very disappointed......I've also witnessed two identical cars in terms of hardware but a different tuner make 40bhp difference on the dyno and yet are side by side on the road.......

Equally you should take dyno figures with a pinch of salt. To me, the important thing is how the car drives on the road as that's where you do your driving :)

Anyway what are the limits of the engine block etc?? I would have thought you are close to bending something with all that torque??

Reactions: cata_adc
Everyone needs to chill out and take a deep breath here! We're all adults (at least I hope we are? Lol), surely this can be discussed is a mature fashion?

Anyways, the dyno lottery applies with all tuned cars. I don't doubt JD's quoted figures, but I think Bobby is just after some verification on the figures from an independent rolling road? I'd be interested to see how close or accurate the figures are myself.

I've been trying to find a local RR to run my BiTdi on with no luck. I did manage to find one company that would do runs for me with my tuning box fitted and taken off for comparison, but they could only quote me power at the wheels, because their machine can't calculate coast down losses on auto's?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 529
Reactions: bobby singh and Rhyso
I am having mine remapped Friday at a Belgian outfit, Shiftec, who promises 360 bhp and 750 nm. This is with rolling road and maybe towards the conservative end of the performance increase, though 50+ bhp and 100+ nm should still be noticeable. I am going for longevity, so not particularly interested in the more extreme maps.

Will report back and post the dyno curves.

https://www.shiftech.eu/en/reprogramming/audi/a6/2011-c7/diesel/3.0-tdi-313#&gid=1&pid=1

Reactions: jojo and The Black Panther
Good luck with your tune. How much did you get you tune for ?
Would be good to see your dyno's. You may find that people will be trying to pick wholes in them but would be good to see what you've achieved.
I am having mine remapped Friday at a Belgian outfit, Shiftec, who promises 360 bhp and 750 nm. This is with rolling road and maybe towards the conservative end of the performance increase, though 50+ bhp and 100+ nm should still be noticeable. I am going for longevity, so not particularly interested in the more extreme maps.

Will report back and post the dyno curves.

https://www.shiftech.eu/en/reprogramming/audi/a6/2011-c7/diesel/3.0-tdi-313#&gid=1&pid=1

The normal price is 790 euro but they give 20 % discount to members of a French Audi forum, so 630 euro all in, with 2 dyno runs and 5 years "warranty" (they will FOC re-write the map if the dealer deletes it, or remove it if you sell the car).

The actual dyno plot shows 350 bhp and 790 nm, corrected. Will see how much mine puts out.

Would be good to see your dyno's. You may find that people will be trying to pick wholes in them but would be good to see what you've achieved.

If aimed at me then I won't pick holes if they are realistic figures

yeh, careful what graphs and figures you put up in here, becuase if there any good . The "Expert" will soon be on to you thinkng they are fraudulant ... lol. good luck m hope all goes well with it.

cheers

Speaking about realistic figures i very much doubt your car produces anywhere near the 440 bhp you've got posted. Id like to see figures from a proper independently verified dyno. Anyone can post any old figures up. :)
If aimed at me then I won't pick holes if they are realistic figures

Last edited:
Things are heating up again in here...let's do club rolling road session and put this to end.

Purpose of the forum is to learn/share from own or other experiences how people tune/drive their cars. It seems like these BiTdi owner's got offended when questioned about what they posted in this thread with nothing to backup their claims. :gun2::gun2::gun2:

Reactions: bobby singh
Speaking about realistic figures i very much doubt your car produces anywhere near the 440 bhp you've got posted. Id like to see figures from a proper independently verified dyno. Anyone can post any old figures up. :)

Correct - 441 actually :p
When you going on dyno or making logs?
Or shall we arrange a drag meet and call it a day lol
#minesbigger

Is this after or before you've finished your day job working designing the next space shuttle for NASA ? :tearsofjoy::rocket::rocket::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. Come back down to earth Bobby ! :haha:
It's only your car that that's official and calibrated all the other tuned cars out there from JD, MTM, REVO and APR they are all made up figures and yours is the only true one :yum: :highly amused:.
My dyno figures are all posted up we are just waiting on you posting yours up .
#minesbigger

Last edited:
#minesbigger

any day Bob... .Told you before, your welcome to take a trip to Glazgow
lol at #minesbigger... your the one woth the issue it seems no other diesel owner dare have a faster diesel than Bob...
anyways im tired of this thread.. went way off topic and interest.

see ya,s✌

Last edited:
Mr Audi - Whats with NASA?
Where are you dyno results I couldn't see them? (no JD dyno chart) I'm sure you have seen my build thread? (Pointless at the moment due to Photobucket)

My car made the power and performs accordingly. But I have not seen anything from your 450hp cars lol
Anyways i think we have reached a conclusion.
Jd 450hp car have no independent dyno, no vcds logs or drag times.

any day Bob... .Told you before, your welcome to take a trip to Glazgow
lol at #minesbigger... your the one woth the issue it seems no other diesel owner dare have a faster diesel than Bob...
anyways im tired of this thread.. went way off topic and interest.

see ya,s✌

I've congratulated plenty of guys who have achieved good results - like Dragos who made a very quick pass (see above)

Anyway if you are ever down south I'll happily take you to a dyno.

Bye for now

As the owner of a mapped 3.0tdi and a bitdi which will no doubt be getting tinkered with when it's 3yrs 1 day old I suscribed to this thread with interest.
I also enjoy a bit of 'banter' but some of the material is starting to get a bit repetitive now.

Reactions: The Black Panther
Here here.
As the owner of a mapped 3.0tdi and a bitdi which will no doubt be getting tinkered with when it's 3yrs 1 day old I suscribed to this thread with interest.
I also enjoy a bit of 'banter' but some of the material is starting to get a bit repetitive now.

Mr Audi - Whats with NASA?
Where are you dyno results I couldn't see them? (no JD dyno chart) I'm sure you have seen my build thread? (Pointless at the moment due to Photobucket)

My car made the power and performs accordingly. But I have not seen anything from your 450hp cars lol
Anyways i think we have reached a conclusion.
Jd 450hp car have no independent dyno, no vcds logs or drag times.

Bob not even sure why I feel
The need to prove myself to you coz you'l never believe what you can't achieve yourself or indeed understand... here's my dyno graph..

Attachments

• IMG_6102.JPG
    IMG_6102.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 565
Had the remap done today, and apparently mine was representative in that it had more BHP and quite a lot more torque than claimed: 320.8 bhp and 717 NM.

After remap this was 369 bhp and 816 NM.

A very noticeable difference in behaviour, with an immense pull in the lower gears. Right now very happy to have had it done, rather than putting 20.000 euro towards an S6, however fantastic that car is too (and is a monster remapped)

0504EF55-0A0B-4C53-B3C2-1635BED1011F_zps69iakbe6.jpg

Had the remap done today, and apparently mine was representative in that it had more BHP and quite a lot more torque than claimed: 320.8 bhp and 717 NM.

After remap this was 369 bhp and 816 NM.

A very noticeable difference in behaviour, with an immense pull in the lower gears. Right now very happy to have had it done, rather than putting 20.000 euro towards an S6, however fantastic that car is too (and is a monster remapped)

0504EF55-0A0B-4C53-B3C2-1635BED1011F_zps69iakbe6.jpg
Nice!

Now you need to go to another rolling road to try make the same numbers! :D

Reactions: The Black Panther, Gazwould and rassi
lol no RR is 100% accurate so I think we need to trust that a RR is doing the only job it was built to do correct and the fact people can feel the improvements are a good sign that they are :D

Nice improvements and it is nice to see the usual Audi understatement on stock power continues :D