March ‘18 Deliveries

Blessed_Badger

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone else taking delivery of a new car here in the UK in March? And what are you getting? I’ve been up to sign the finance agreement today and I collect on March 2nd. Excitement really beginning to build now (it’s been a long wait since my order (August last year!!)).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taking delivery of a sportback on 1st, really can't wait! Placed my order late oct so not quite as long a wait but still feels like an age.

Is signing the agreement in advance normally the done thing? This is my 1st brand new and 1st financed car - dealer maintains I don't need to but everyone seems to have done it.

Mine arrived 10 days ago. Being registered from 1 March but delivered to home on 28th Feb. 5 sleeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
Taking delivery of a sportback on 1st, really can't wait! Placed my order late oct so not quite as long a wait but still feels like an age.

Is signing the agreement in advance normally the done thing? This is my 1st brand new and 1st financed car - dealer maintains I don't need to but everyone seems to have done it.

I signed the finance today, and expected to pay the rest of my deposit - but was told I didn’t need to do that until I take delivery!

Mine arrived 10 days ago. Being registered from 1 March but delivered to home on 28th Feb. 5 sleeps

What’ve you gone for? - I remember the name (RGBARGEE) from the A5OC when I joined there about 8 years ago with my first A5 (3.0TDI S-Line in 2010).

I signed the finance today, and expected to pay the rest of my deposit - but was told I didn’t need to do that until I take delivery!

Ah fair enough, I guess that means it doesn't matter when the agreement gets signed. Roll on thursday!

What’ve you gone for? - I remember the name (RGBARGEE) from the A5OC when I joined there about 8 years ago with my first A5 (3.0TDI S-Line in 2010).

Hi there... I’ve actually posted in the wrong section!! Tapatalk is unclear on my iPhone. I do remember you. I’ve had 58 A5 3.0tdi coupe, then 11 Similar a5 cabriolet, then 13 A7 BE, 14 S3, 16RS3 and 66 A4 Quattro avant... RS4 in 5 sleeps. Looked at S5 Sportback and keeping RS3 but as mileage dropped one car is enough. Tech in B9 is top notch. Had S5 Sportback for 3 days last summer but seemed slow in comparison to RS. Good luck.

Hi there... I’ve actually posted in the wrong section!! Tapatalk is unclear on my iPhone. I do remember you. I’ve had 58 A5 3.0tdi coupe, then 11 Similar a5 cabriolet, then 13 A7 BE, 14 S3, 16RS3 and 66 A4 Quattro avant... RS4 in 5 sleeps. Looked at S5 Sportback and keeping RS3 but as mileage dropped one car is enough. Tech in B9 is top notch. Had S5 Sportback for 3 days last summer but seemed slow in comparison to RS. Good luck.

That’s a hell of a list of cars sir! Mine’s far more boring - 2 x A5 3.0TDIs, followed by 2 x BMW 435Ds and then back to Audi for my S5 Coupe in 6 days.

I sat in a beautiful dark green RS4 Avant they had in Bolton Audi tonight whilst I was waiting to sign my docs. They had a black RS3 in as well. Would love to have an RS model but I guess I’ll have to wait until I win tonight’s Euro Millions.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
That’s a hell of a list of cars sir! Mine’s far more boring - 2 x A5 3.0TDIs, followed by 2 x BMW 435Ds and then back to Audi for my S5 Coupe in 6 days.

I sat in a beautiful dark green RS4 Avant they had in Bolton Audi tonight whilst I was waiting to sign my docs. They had a black RS3 in as well. Would love to have an RS model but I guess I’ll have to wait until I win tonight’s Euro Millions.

The S5 Sportback is a great car. The one I borrowed was a base version. The sound system was not B&O standard and having experienced Virtual Cockpit that was missed to. Trouble is the more you get used to options the more you think you need them... did I mention reverse camera.. a gimmick I thought but really miss it when I drive cars without it. The 58 A5 Coupe 3.0tdi quattro was still one my favourites.

A5 Sportback Scuba Blue 2.0TFSi 190 Tech pack
Should be collecting 6th or 7th March dealer to confirm.
My dealer (East Kent Audi) said should be getting electronic version of agreement to sign before collection day!

A5 Sportback Scuba Blue 2.0TFSi 190 Tech pack
Should be collecting 6th or 7th March dealer to confirm.
My dealer (East Kent Audi) said should be getting electronic version of agreement to sign before collection day!

Bizarrely, even though I was there in the flesh, I signed the docs electronically. Filled in by the dealer then he passed the mouse to me - I clicked the box for signature - my name appeared in the box (in some handwriting type font) and I clicked again to electronically sign. All incredibly easy!

Reactions: SimonAshley
The S5 Sportback is a great car. The one I borrowed was a base version. The sound system was not B&O standard and having experienced Virtual Cockpit that was missed to. Trouble is the more you get used to options the more you think you need them... did I mention reverse camera.. a gimmick I thought but really miss it when I drive cars without it. The 58 A5 Coupe 3.0tdi quattro was still one my favourites.

I’ve gone for B&O (had it in the other Audi’s I’ve had and think it’s so much better than the base system) and Virtual Cockpit (why wouldn’t you) as well as a few other options. Agree totally on the reversing camera! Since handing back my BMW on Monday I’m driving my mum’s Fiat Bravo. Amongst the many many things it’s missing, it’s the reversing camera and sensors that I miss most. Totally spoilt over the last decade with these and now seem incapable of judging how far I am from things in the rear view mirror - fortunately always erring on the side of caution though!

Reading though these comments brings back memories, I picked mine up last year on March 2nd. Payed the deposit 2 days before and signed the finance documents on the day.

Reading though these comments brings back memories, I picked mine up last year on March 2nd. Payed the deposit 2 days before and signed the finance documents on the day.

Very strange I find that some pay deposit first and sign agreement on day (like you), others like me, sign the agreement before hand and deposit on collection, I’m sure for my BMW I paid both the week before, and others do both on collection day! I wonder if it’s dependent on dealership?

I’ve gone for B&O (had it in the other Audi’s I’ve had and think it’s so much better than the base system) and Virtual Cockpit (why wouldn’t you) as well as a few other options. Agree totally on the reversing camera! Since handing back my BMW on Monday I’m driving my mum’s Fiat Bravo. Amongst the many many things it’s missing, it’s the reversing camera and sensors that I miss most. Totally spoilt over the last decade with these and now seem incapable of judging how far I am from things in the rear view mirror - fortunately always erring on the side of caution though!

Very wise, you will love the massage seats!! I was a little cynical about VC as I didn't have it on RS3. The A4 did have it and it was great, yet another addictive Audi toy I reckon! The RS4 has pretty much all I need as you will see by the Audi code. Had to draw the line somewhere. You can easily turn a £62k base spec car into an £85k Christmas tree! What colour have you gone for?

Very strange I find that some pay deposit first and sign agreement on day (like you), others like me, sign the agreement before hand and deposit on collection, I’m sure for my BMW I paid both the week before, and others do both on collection day! I wonder if it’s dependent on dealership?

It must depend on the dealership, I used Derby Audi who are apart of the Sytner group but my work colleague picked up a TT 2 months after me from Huntingdon Audi (Vindis Group) and he had to pay the deposit and sign the papers 2/3 days before collection.

No money ever changes before I collect the car. I think it's down to trust and your relationship with the dealership.

Very wise, you will love the massage seats!! I was a little cynical about VC as I didn't have it on RS3. The A4 did have it and it was great, yet another addictive Audi toy I reckon! The RS4 has pretty much all I need as you will see by the Audi code. Had to draw the line somewhere. You can easily turn a £62k base spec car into an £85k Christmas tree! What colour have you gone for?

Gone for Mythos Black with Magma Red interior. Initially it was going to be Daytona - always loved it - and would have gone for it if there was a Black Edition - but I don’t like the lack on contrast with the S5 grill etc (and I can’t be bothered getting it dipped Black). The choice of colours I thought was very poor unless you’re willing to pay >£2k for exclusive (would probably have gone Sepang Blue or similar (current BMW is Estoril Blue which I still really like and is relatively low maintainance (unlike the Black is going to be (but I love cleaning / derailing so shouldn’t be an issue!)))).

Options took it to nearly £55k. Sound and Comfort, Light and Vision, Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, Red Callipers, Flat Btm Wheel and Adaptive Suspension. I dropped the HUD which I have in the BMW as it was either that or the roof and I’ll get more use out of the VC and roof than HUD. Got 16% off which I’m happy with.

What colour etc have you gone for?

No money ever changes before I collect the car. I think it's down to trust and your relationship with the dealership.

I did think about that when I offered to pay the rest of the deposit - as if there’s a problem on delivery they’ve already got your money and signed agreement!

I did think about that when I offered to pay the rest of the deposit - as if there’s a problem on delivery they’ve already got your money and signed agreement!

Gone for Mythos Black with Magma Red interior. Initially it was going to be Daytona - always loved it - and would have gone for it if there was a Black Edition - but I don’t like the lack on contrast with the S5 grill etc (and I can’t be bothered getting it dipped Black). The choice of colours I thought was very poor unless you’re willing to pay >£2k for exclusive (would probably have gone Sepang Blue or similar (current BMW is Estoril Blue which I still really like and is relatively low maintainance (unlike the Black is going to be (but I love cleaning / derailing so shouldn’t be an issue!)))).

Options took it to nearly £55k. Sound and Comfort, Light and Vision, Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, Red Callipers, Flat Btm Wheel and Adaptive Suspension. I dropped the HUD which I have in the BMW as it was either that or the roof and I’ll get more use out of the VC and roof than HUD. Got 16% off which I’m happy with.

What colour etc have you gone for?

Mythos again, Black/red Seats. Hate HUD . I hope you are signing up to Audi finance and getting contribution on top of 16%. No such perks with RS. for full spec tap in Audi code in signature. Love those ‘madam whiplash ‘ red seats, late wife had them in a new 08 TT. They look great!

Hope you all remembered to tell them not to wash/wax it??? I got them just to take the plastic protective sheeting off that's fitted at the factory and leave it at that, they said more people are asking for just that these days!!! :) Yes you have to do a fallout remover on your first wash, but at least they haven't swired the paint for you free of charge :D

My dealer is very good. Never had a problem and I’m getting free Lifeshine.

Reactions: S32B
My dealer is very good. Never had a problem and I’m getting free Lifeshine.
Good to know, who do you use?

I remember collecting my black S3 after they had it in, as we walked to it I saw that my tyres looked like they had been covered in grease!!! I said have you washed it? He said yes and smiled...my heart dropped :( I walked to the car and it was covered in very light scratches all over the bonnet!!!!

Luckily I have a DA which got them all out :)
Done

Hope you all remembered to tell them not to wash/wax it??? I got them just to take the plastic protective sheeting off that's fitted at the factory and leave it at that, they said more people are asking for just that these days!!! :) Yes you have to do a fallout remover on your first wash, but at least they haven't swired the paint for you free of charge :D

I’ve warned the dealer that if there’s anything visible I’ll be expecting it rectified and would rather they didn’t touch it than screw it up! However, I’ve got a fortnight off at the end of March, a DA that I never got round to using on my BMW and some new products I’m desperate to test - so expect some light swirls which is par for the course.

Bought a Lava Grey A5 from same dealer about 7 or so years ago - looked immaculate in the showroom - a little less so when I took it for a full up on the way home and the lights from the garage made it look as if the roof had been sandpapered!

Anyone had or won an argument with dealers over damage to paintwork while in their care? Or pre delivery?

Collecting my RS3 the service people came chasing after me to advise that their new mechanic had driven into my car. All sorted very quickly. Not sure if the mechanic still works there as it was his private car which was not allowed on site!

Reactions: SimonAshley and Sandra
A DA and some Black Hole works a treat on Mythos
Yep, exactly what I used on the S3 and it didn't look that bad until close up! It gets rid of all the little bits, think I only did one pass with the DA when I took this:

Left side is the before, Right side is done :p

Left side is the before, Right side is done :p
[/QUOTE]
That exhaust sounds dodgy!

Reactions: S32B and Sandra
Just ordered some Black Hole and Nattys Black Wax from Perfectly Cleaned! Currently planning on moving the path to our front door so our daughters mates don’t have the opportunity to bring their bikes and scooters anywhere near my car!

Just ordered some Black Hole and Nattys Black Wax from Perfectly Cleaned! Currently planning on moving the path to our front door so our daughters mates don’t have the opportunity to bring their bikes and scooters anywhere near my car!

Was it you moaning about driveways on A5OC ?

Don’t think so - but you never know! We’ve got a long and single width drive with a dividing wall on one side and bushes on the other with only enough room to open one side of doors, so you have to let passengers out before driving down it.

You can get 1¾ cars out of the way of kids and other dangers, but the remaining 2 and a bit cars lengths have to be travelled down to get to the path to the front door. Seen countless kids, postmen and women with bikes, bags and handbags drag them down the side of cars parked at the end of our drive.

Currently planning on moving the path to our front door so our daughters mates don’t have the opportunity to bring their bikes and scooters anywhere near my car!
Ohhh can do better there! This happened last weekend:

Washing the car half on the kerb and half off, so that all the crud goes on the road and not on my drive! Three women and a kid came up the road, one women looked early 20's, one late 40's and the other in her 70's, the kid was on a scooter and 'not in control'!!! I moved out of the way and stopped washing the car so that they could get by, the youngest woman went past holding the kid, smiled and said thanks, the other two just smiled.

As they came back down the road 15 mins later I was talking to my neighbour, the kid came down on his scooter lost control and went straight into my passenger door with his handlebars and fell to the floor!!! :wtf:

The woman in her 40's said "Ohhh are you in the wet?" and totally ignored the fact that he'd just bashed my car! I said "I'm more worried about my car than him being wet" and went to see if he'd damaged it, the younger woman said "Is the car OK?" which instantly calmed me down (showing she cared), I said "Yeah I think so, good job it wasn't a metal bike it would have scratched or dented it". I was now 100% calm seeing that there was no damage :)

As they all walked passed the old woman said "Ohh it's OK it will wash off"....red flag to a bull lol :wtf:...I said "A dent or a scratch wouldn't just wash off love". The woman in her 40's then turned around and said "You shouldn't be parked on the pavement anyway", my reply "You should keep him under control", she said "It's illegal to park on the pavement", I thought it's not worth arguing about, so just looked at them...then the old woman said "Just ignore him, he's always moaning about his car" and they all walked off :blink: I'd never seen any of them before in my life!!! I felt like punching the old woman in the face :box:

Lol even my neighbour said "I think you have the right to have a moan after their kid has just bashed your car with his bike!!!" :blink:

Ohhh can do better there! This happened last weekend:

Washing the car half on the kerb and half off, so that all the crud goes on the road and not on my drive! Three women and a kid came up the road, one women looked early 20's, one late 40's and the other in her 70's, the kid was on a scooter and 'not in control'!!! I moved out of the way and stopped washing the car so that they could get by, the youngest woman went past holding the kid, smiled and said thanks, the other two just smiled.

As they came back down the road 15 mins later I was talking to my neighbour, the kid came down on his scooter lost control and went straight into my passenger door with his handlebars and fell to the floor!!! :wtf:

The woman in her 40's said "Ohhh are you in the wet?" and totally ignored the fact that he'd just bashed my car! I said "I'm more worried about my car than him being wet" and went to see if he'd damaged it, the younger woman said "Is the car OK?" which instantly calmed me down (showing she cared), I said "Yeah I think so, good job it wasn't a metal bike it would have scratched or dented it". I was now 100% calm seeing that there was no damage :)

As they all walked passed the old woman said "Ohh it's OK it will wash off"....red flag to a bull lol :wtf:...I said "A dent or a scratch wouldn't just wash off love". The woman in her 40's then turned around and said "You shouldn't be parked on the pavement anyway", my reply "You should keep him under control", she said "It's illegal to park on the pavement", I thought it's not worth arguing about, so just looked at them...then the old woman said "Just ignore him, he's always moaning about his car" and they all walked off :blink: I'd never seen any of them before in my life!!! I felt like punching the old woman in the face :box:

Lol even my neighbour said "I think you have the right to have a moan after their kid has just bashed your car with his bike!!!" :blink:

Really makes my blood boil when people don’t give a **** about what others care about and have worked hard for!

And don’t get me started on carparks! At Tesco this morning, someone in a really nice (and new) Volvo XC90 had parked next to a Ford Ka and clearly hadn’t spotted she (in the Ka) had an isofix car mount in the front! As we walked past she was huffing and puffing about the fact that she couldn’t open the door enough to get the child carrier in! So rather than move it out a little she slammed the door into the Volvo and forced the carrier (and child) into the gap! She left a lovely crease down his drivers door. I noted down her reg and left a note on his car, but not sure if he’ll have any comeback anyway.

I then walked another couple of hundred yards to where I’d parked my mum’s 10 year old Fiat Bravo (I’m currently borrowing until I take delivery of mine after I handed back the BMW on Monday) way out of the way of everyone! My mum doesn’t give a **** about the condition of her car (alloys are all corroded and scratched and there are numerous other scrapes and scuffs all over the paintwork) but I still always park away from everyone in supermarkets and nowhere near trolley parks!

Really makes my blood boil when people don’t give a **** about what others care about and have worked hard for!

Same here, doesn't matter if it's new or 5 years old, it's still someone property that they have had to work and pay for!

Hopefully she will have to pay for his dent!

I saw a guy reverse a Fiesta ST into someone's car wing/corner front bumper at the local shops, he didn't half lift it up! He was about to drive off until he saw me taking a picture with my phone! He then got out, looked at his car and said it's OK and drove off. I waited for the driver of the car he hit to come back, told him what had happened and left my number saying I had a pic if he needed it, he couldn't see any damage at that time so thought it was OK!
Later in the day he called me to thank me for telling him about it, he said as he drove off he heard a grinding noise, it turned out the car had been damaged under the wing. He went back inside the shop and asked to look at the CCTV, saw what had happened and how hard the ST had hit him and called the police :) They tracked down the owner of the ST and were going to do him for leaving the scene of an accident :)

He said if I hadn't of told him about it, he would have just thought his car had just gone wrong and paid for the repairs himself.

Reactions: MrSkimo and Sandra
Collecting my RS3 the service people came chasing after me to advise that their new mechanic had driven into my car. All sorted very quickly. Not sure if the mechanic still works there as it was his private car which was not allowed on site!

Currently have a Qashqai Car was scratched in their care (first service ) fixed for nothing as they are meant to do a walk round before and after noting any damage to vehicle hope this helps