massage / memory seat wiring and coding

zubairali

Reaction score
Hi guys in need of some assistance here, recently acquired some S4 electric super sport bucket seats with massage and memory module already under the seats and swapped them over from my manual heated seats with lumbar.

Straight swap worked for the electric movement and heated function however the lumbar support and massage function weren't working. I've read several forums and theyre all a bit confusing. Do I need some extra wiring into the CAN under the rear seat and then coding?

I've already had new door cards installed with the memory seat buttons.

Any clear instructions would be much appreciated

Don't know about the massage as I did this on my tt . Your lumbar won't work because you've used the wiring for the adjustment motors , this needs changing as the adjustment motors need 2.5 mm cables from a thermal fuse , and your existing cables need a re pin for your lumbar . I have the pin numbers for the motors and lumbar ,but you'll need extra for the canbus

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN
Lumbar etc have a higher load, don't rely on existing & to get full functionality it requires bus wiring, CP & possible power wiring upgrade, it's not that simple.

I've just done it on mine after 6 months of messing about.

There is 2 pins missing on the plug which provides the extra voltage to get it working (it's a 9 pin plug and usually only 7 pins are occupied)

Got mine from kuftec and requires coding and potential BMC for full function on mmi etc

I've just done it on mine after 6 months of messing about.

There is 2 pins missing on the plug which provides the extra voltage to get it working (it's a 9 pin plug and usually only 7 pins are occupied)

Got mine from kuftec and requires coding and potential BMC for full function on mmi etc
You got the link for the kufatec wiring? Also did you do the coding yourself?

Cp has to be done which is dealer usually & coding for 06, 36, 19, 42, 52 & potentially others along with door wiring & other's, if you have memory already, still needs cp doing.