Matrix Dance of lights

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Just noticed how the matrix lights dance/switch on and off in order via the headlight switch seen the reflection on a fuel filling station glass door, also been flashed several times tonight whilst the matrix where in operation.....A Random unproblematic thread for a change...... On here.... Lol

Reactions: T-800, Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Just noticed how the matrix lights dance/switch on and off in order via the headlight switch seen the reflection on a fuel filling station glass door, also been flashed several times tonight whilst the matrix where in operation.....A Random unproblematic thread for a change...... On here.... Lol
i love how they turn on, like opening the curtains on a stage. and yeah depending on the road layout they aren't quick enough sometimes

Reactions: Lehn, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
A couple of months ago I swapped cars with my brother and had him follow me down a dark country road. The way the matrix lights were throwing light down either side of the car I was driving without ever dazzling me was nothing short of amazing. Matrix is still, by far, the thing that has impressed me most in my car, and the thing I miss most when driving other vehicles.

I recently bought a new ford ranger for work, and the lights on that are abominable, same goes for my daily run around Polo, and since I’m basically as blind as a bat when driving in the dark, I think matrix lights are a definite on my wish list for my next car.

This begs the question, if matrix style headlights are a ‘must-have’ on a next car, it limits the choice somewhat. Even the highest of high tech car companies Tesla doesn’t offer matrix lights (yet it seems you can have them on a Vauxhall Astra). Wonder if the new model Supra will get them?

Reactions: AdamInKent, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Do you just keep them on full beam and let them work their magic?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Exactly that. Turn ‘em on and forget about them. They’re brilliant.

Reactions: GW1
I have them on my S3 and they are absolutely fantastic. I drive on narrow country lanes with no street lighting whatsoever and when the Matrix system is activated its like driving in daylight.

Any videos of what you mean? Some of us mere mortals are stuck on Xenons still.

Reactions: Terminator x
i thought you'd been on the cans again when i read this thread title lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68

I'll have to try get one on the dashcam

Reactions: Rob2k68
If you go onto the Audi website they have a video and a computer animation with a full explanation of how it works, it worth a watch.

Don't have them on my S3, but had the MB equivalent on my previous car, Mercedes CLS - fantastic!

i thought you'd been on the cans again when i read this thread title lol
Really .. .. !!!!!! Lol am aff it, only had that champagne a few weeks back when l done that Chopping my S3 thread in, that's all l have had since Xmas .. Says Jassy posting as if he's some sort of Alky lol no l have finally decided alcohol doesn't agree with ... It's my Kryptonite even in small doses lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, T-800 and 1 other person