Matrix headlights

OST

Reaction score
Im looking for help please..

If you push the stalk forward, the light symbol appears with the word auto underneath in white. If i push it again it is blue and the full beam (guessing matrix lights appear).

Is the full beam the full 'matrix' experiance when they start doing their thing or is there something else that I'm missing?

Ive checked the manual and its unhelpful!

No, you push it forwards so it shows auto and they will do their thing. If it's blue you simply have main beam on and will blind everybody.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
As above, when it shows "auto" under the high beam symbol matrix is in standby. When you see the high beam symbol turn blue on its own, with "auto" underneath it, matrix has gone active, and is lighting the road ahead. It won't go active in well lit 30 zones, but just about anywhere else it'll start throwing beams around.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Audi Bairn
As above, when it shows "auto" under the high beam symbol matrix is in standby. When you see the high beam symbol turn blue on its own, with "auto" underneath it, matrix has gone active, and is lighting the road ahead. It won't go active in well lit 30 zones, but just about anywhere else it'll start throwing beams around.

I'm very intrigued by Matrix lights, I can't wait for the opportunity to see them in action and will definitely be on my next car.

But, a few comments on them blinding people worry me slightly? Are they frequently too slow?

I'm very intrigued by Matrix lights, I can't wait for the opportunity to see them in action and will definitely be on my next car.

But, a few comments on them blinding people worry me slightly? Are they frequently too slow?

Haven't blinded anyone yet.. and I don't consider them slow.
I had a mate drive in front, and he said that it was weird seeing the road lit up around him from my high beam, but nothing blinded him.
Here's a video from the dash cam from last night.. you can see the lights in action.

https://goo.gl/xaXcqj

Not at all. You can adjust the reaction threshold to your taste in the MMI, but no, they don't blind people. The liklihood is that you've seen matrix in action yourselves on other people's cars on many occasions, and never even noticed. Once you know what to look for, you'll start noticing matrix lights are fairly common on the roads.

I had a mate drive in front, and he said that it was weird seeing the road lit up around him from my high beam, but nothing blinded him.
Here's a video from the dash cam from last night.. you can see the lights in action.

It's unlit dual carriageways like that where matrix is in its element. For me, the enormous reduction in eye strain and the progress that can be made makes driving at night so much easier.

Oh, and is that a cheeky little undertake I see there? Tut tut... ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta
Oh, and is that a cheeky little undertake I see there? Tut tut... ;)

Being Australia, we have no law against undertaking. Unfortunately they also don't enforce the law we have here of 'keeping left unless overtaking when speed limit is 80kms or faster'. Miss driving in countries where people immediately pull back to the left lane. That guy was still in the fast lane 2 kms further on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Been using my Matrix on auto last couple of days and have already had numerous people flashing haha!

The brightness is insane! So awesome being able to see sections being turned off and back on though, very impressed!

Been using my Matrix on auto last couple of days and have already had numerous people flashing haha!

The brightness is insane! So awesome being able to see sections being turned off and back on though, very impressed!

Just flash the back, show them how the LED main beam looks when IT IS directly pointed at them.

I had a few people flash in the R32 and they were just normal bi-xenons, a quick flash back showed them I didn't have main beam on lol

Reactions: AudiNutta and Steelster
Only had a single car flash me so far, and that was just down to slightly slow reaction from the lights due to road layout - could see each other coming up to a corner through the trees, but the camera didn't react until we were face-on, but he was flashing his lights as soon as he was round the corner. I trust them a lot more than I did the variable range Xenons I had on my last car.

Reactions: Steelster
Only had a single car flash me so far, and that was just down to slightly slow reaction from the lights due to road layout - could see each other coming up to a corner through the trees, but the camera didn't react until we were face-on, but he was flashing his lights as soon as he was round the corner. I trust them a lot more than I did the variable range Xenons I had on my last car.
Yeah, in fairness 2 of mine have been bad timings. Me coming up a hill and the other guy just getting over the brow, so they were greeted with the light of a thousand suns.

Incredibly happy with how they perform!

Reactions: Tom.H
It's great being able to give free laser eye surgery to any passers by at the same time too

Reactions: OST and Tom.H

Wow, that made me smile haha... what an awesome bit of kit.