Matrix lights

Dagger

Reaction score
This may seem like a silly question but can someone tell me how to activate the Matrix lights? I must be having a mental block and can’t work out if they’re on or not.

Hi, push the LH level forwards as you normally would for full beam and a white full beam symbol with auto underneath will come on the VC. They are then active. Once the conditions dictate the white symbol will turn to blue like the ordinary full beam symbol. When you come back into a well lit area etc. they will turn off and go back to dip beam but still in auto mode back to white symbol.
When you activate auto mode you can push the lever forward again and it will go into standard full beam without any auto control.

Reactions: shadowzz and AdamInKent
Hi, push the LH level forwards as you normally would for full beam and a white full beam symbol with auto underneath will come on the VC. They are then active. Once the conditions dictate the white symbol will turn to blue like the ordinary full beam symbol. When you come back into a well lit area etc. they will turn off and go back to dip beam but still in auto mode back to white symbol.
When you activate auto mode you can push the lever forward again and it will go into standard full beam without any auto control.
Thanks very much. I kept getting the white symbol and couldn’t understand why it wasn’t turning blue. Thanks for the explanation

Are you not confusing matrix with auto high beam assist?

As far as I know the lights are always matrix and do their own thing.

No. Matrix leds only work when on “high beam”. You can see the individual LED’s switching on and off as cars go past etc. High beam assist will turn the high beam off altogether and revert back to dipped beam as a car approached. The are similar systems but matrix leaves the high beam activated while cars drive past (and the car in front) but masks the area where the other car is, so not to dazzle the driver.

I know how the matrix works, but what you described in your first post is the activation of high beam assist (providing it is activated in mmi). At least that’s how I understand it and read the manual.
I thought the matrix lights were always active and require no activation.
A93D1208 90BD 43BE 9F2F CAC5993D7166

The column stalk needs pushed forwards to activate the Matrix function otherwise the lights will function as normal led lights

Reactions: Zoomer and Sparks43
The column stalk needs pushed forwards to activate the Matrix function otherwise the lights will function as normal led lights
So if I understand this right then, in my case this will activate the matrix and high beam assist function?

If so, every days a school day as they say and I stand corrected n

Reactions: Jassyo06
So if I understand this right then, in my case this will activate the matrix and high beam assist function?

If so, every days a school day as they say and I stand corrected n
Yeah pushing the stalk does switch them on to matrix mode but they'll only operate on roads with no street/overhead lighting ....they aint 100% reliable as they can have a mind of there own ...ie switch off to o late...slightly blinding oncoming traffic activate on dimly lit roads....ie roads that still use orange sodium bulbs overall they one of the best options to have on car especially in the winter

And has to be done every time the ignition is recycled unfortunately - Our works Seat has High Beam Assist and that stays on Auto ready to go - Don't know why Audi can't do this for the Matrix but there you go