Matt’s Defender Build Thread.

I’m doing a road trip from Gloucestershire to Hoy next year, with stop offs in the lakes, Edinburgh and eventually Hoy, I’ll definitely be looking to the Cumbria and Scotland residents for tips...
Feel free to DM me mate.
Yours Faithfully
Audi Bairn
Official Travel Consultant to @MattSedg (Scottish Division)

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: AudiNutta, Dunedin, MattSedg and 4 others
loving ownership, even though it does come with a couple little bits now and again that need sorting :readit:
Wasdale

Reactions: AudiNutta, Bristle Hound, oli356 and 8 others
Lovely shot mate! As a fellow dog owner I think we need to see one with the cockers posing in front of the car :dogface::dogface:
I need to get them sat up on the rack somehow for a picture...hmm I'll have a think

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
I need to get them sat up on the rack somehow for a picture...hmm I'll have a think
We will all look forward to the pics Matt. :)

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
A bowl of their favourite treats up there should see them sitting long enough for a pic or two :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Sandra
A bowl of their favourite treats up there should see them sitting long enough for a pic or two :thumbs up:
They know what the script is when it's time to strike a pose, im actually going to have to pull this picture off now!!

IMG 20190202 200347 947 IMG 20190224 203154 779

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Sandra, oli356 and 5 others
Reactions: TYb, Audi Bairn and MattSedg
Fancying a wheel change :readit: cleaner dish look maybe....
S165127blkmod b 16x8tftrqimitbdlckblk b

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Flying Scotsman and 2 others
A very small mod, painting these strut things bronze/gold....subtle but just a bit if detail, goes well with the green I reckon

20190322 174440 1701x1925
20190322 174738 2054x1701

Last edited:
Reactions: RossN14, Audi Bairn, Bristle Hound and 5 others
dam blue national trust member badge ruining my pics
Bronze braces

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 5 others
Looking great mate - you just need the National Trust to release a Coniston Green window sticker. Or bronze, to go with those radiator strut bars. :thumbs up:

You'll curse me for asking this, but is that halogen light bar a few mm off-centre?:whistle2:

What's next on the build plan pal?

Reactions: Jcbmally and MattSedg
Looking great mate - you just need the National Trust to release a Coniston Green window sticker. Or bronze, to go with those radiator strut bars. :thumbs up:

You'll curse me for asking this, but is that halogen light bar a few mm off-centre?:whistle2:

looking into a hardshell roof tent, waiting to hear back with some pics from a company...going to start going to peak district/north pennines/cheviots for some walking adventures so hopefully I get a roof tent for some full weekends out n about

but otherwise a few bits need sorting, new door locks right round and ignition barrel all because the drivers lock spins round, round and around :rtfm:
double din unit and a speaker upgrade eventually

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and Jimbob76
looking into a hardshell roof tent, waiting to hear back with some pics from a company...going to start going to peak district/north pennines/cheviots for some walking adventures so hopefully I get a roof tent for some full weekends out n about

Now THAT is a high interest purchase mate. An expandable roof box you can sleep in?! Very cool. Keep us posted. Tricky part will be finding a dog friendly ladder!

Car Camping 4X4 Offroad Hard Shell Roof Top Tent for Sale

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jcbmally, MattSedg and 3 others

Definitely at least 0.2mm off centre

Reactions: Bristle Hound, MattSedg, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Now THAT is a high interest purchase mate. An expandable roof box you can sleep in?! Very cool. Keep us posted. Tricky part will be finding a dog friendly ladder!

View attachment 179421
That's it mate, dogs will get locked in the landy!!

For some reason I've taken to the 'clamshell' chaos more, think the square one looks a but odd somehow
9ec8bb7d414ab1625e92c1bd5be5390b

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, Dunedin and 3 others
After what I hoped would just be 1 day in the garage on Monday turned into 4 days, got the roof tent on at 9pm last night and off on a wee Scottish adventure starting at 3am, all came together just in time!
20190419 065159

Reactions: Daveotto, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 10 others
Have a fantastic time Matt. :) x

Reactions: MattSedg
Looks good mate - have a fantastic road trip. Good camping weather this weekend, you’ve done well. Looking forward to some top photography from your adventure!

Reactions: MattSedg
Where are you off to in "Bonny Scotland", Matt....... The Land Rover looks immaculate!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and MattSedg
Where are you off to in "Bonny Scotland", Matt....... The Land Rover looks immaculate!!
Glencoe and loch lomond area, for my first set of munros and havin a trial run with the tent

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Dunedin, Flying Scotsman and 3 others
gotta love a defender
love the colour and the halo lights
want to engine swap one in the future cummins,om606,or ls9:smilingimp:

only a ls3 imagine a ls9 supercharged

After what I hoped would just be 1 day in the garage on Monday turned into 4 days, got the roof tent on at 9pm last night and off on a wee Scottish adventure starting at 3am, all came together just in time!
View attachment 180327
Nice one Matt! You’ve timed it perfectly for the weather. To be sunny and warm up here right into next week. Look,forward to hearing how the trip goes and a few pics :thumbs up:

Reactions: MattSedg, Flying Scotsman and V6_Man
Bumped into some fella first thing yesterday who wanted to take some pics for me
Screenshot 20190420 064412 Instagram

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jcbmally, AlS3BE and 5 others
Nice one Matt! You’ve timed it perfectly for the weather. To be sunny and warm up here right into next week. Look,forward to hearing how the trip goes and a few pics :thumbs up:
somehow I didn't realise how warm it was going to be!! still got my walks in though, 14 miles and 4 munros on friday and 8 miles 2 munros today, not like anyones bothered on an Audi forum :readit: and a hint of sunburn

landy pics will be coming, all though I havnt got many

Reactions: NevMan, Jimbob76 and Audi Bairn
somehow I didn't realise how warm it was going to be!! still got my walks in though, 14 miles and 4 munros on friday and 8 miles 2 munros today, not like anyones bothered on an Audi forum :readit: and a hint of sunburn

landy pics will be coming, all though I havnt got many
We were at Carnoustie and Arbroath today in 22 degrees. Highlight though was seeing a McLaren Senna in Starbucks near Dundee :sunglasses:

Reactions: Jimbob76, NevMan, MattSedg and 1 other person
I
...not like anyones bothered on an Audi forum :readit:...

We like a wee bit of the great outdoors too Matty Lad. I’ve got a roof box too pal, as you know (just have to unpack mine to pitch-up, lol). S3 (like your old one) is a 4x4 as well buster (do Eibach do a raising spring kit? That could be fun). Love this pic during an S3 assisted hike around Pen-y-Fan in the Brecon Beacons. Was HOT that day too (last summer) - first pint was taken in via osmosis at the end of 13 miles of extreme up and down. Lol. Planning the next one right now...

CB79505C 10E8 42E5 A82F E569DAE978C9

C475BD2D ADA1 4960 9EEE B2304F520D5E

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, TonkS3, Daveotto and 6 others