May I take this oppotunity to present to you all..

J6ORDS

Reaction score
Hello everyone, im new to the forum and although ive come across this site b4 i thought id wait until my car was worthy to grace these pages b4 showing y'all and here she is! Hope u all like her. Questions/Comments are more than welcome.

J6ORDS

You'll get a few more replies now you've posted your spec up. I would need to see your interior in the flesh...so to speak, as it looks a bit rich for my liking, but anyway the car looks good.

Welcome to the boards, and I hope to see more mods on the way.

[ QUOTE ]
J6ORDS said:
Just tying to save the £££ for an engine transpant now. I think a supercharged 2.0 lump is on the cards. Any thoughts on this anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome! And without sounding insulting, superchargers are for boring poeple! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It would nopt cost you that much to get a 1.8T conversion.. 225 S3/TT engine would not be a problem, but obviously other parts would need replacing... first off BRAKES! the S3/1.8T brakes are sh1t, so the 1.6brakes must be terrible.

Reckon you would get a good setup for around £5-6K

Rich

Havn't fitted the TV/DVD unit but will be going for the Touch screen Pioneer 750D which I can get for £900 (retails at 2K+) the only downside is that Pioneer have sold out and ive been told that I wont be seeing it this side of Christmas.
Dont want an engine I could have bought with an audi A3/S3 now that would be boring, because I wouldn't be the first and there would be no distiguishing myself from the rest of the croud id rather be different.

J6ORDS

the car loks good m8. was the front light conversion difficult or did they fit straight on?

Adam

Fanx m8, the headlight dont fit straight on, u need to remove the front bumper and cut out the recessed indicator housing on the wing, I got a bodyshop to do mine an although it doesn't look difficult, it did take quite a while but as they say, No pain, no gain!
J6ORDS

Headlights costed £300 from VAG parts (although u hav 2 wait 2weeks for import and delivery) but I got a good deal as I bought the foglamp kit at the same time. I got my mate who works in a bodyshop to fit them for free (he owed me a favour) although I sorted him a little drink for his troubles. If ur local, he'l fit yours and im sure he wudnt ask much more than £99.99 to carry out the conversion 4 u and that'd just be for his time. Its really not that hard if u've got the right tools. (and are confident enough to remove your frony bumper!!
J6ORDS

How does the remote starting work? Sounds cool, very James Bond /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Does it bypass the imobilizer?