May need to sell :(

g5und

Reaction score
A change in circumstances might mean I have to sell my much loved RS3. Can anyone offer advice on how to achieve the best price given that the car was purchased on an Audi PCP deal? Is there anything stopping me selling privately, and paying the finance settlement after the sale, or is that illegal? I'm sure if I traded in the car I would be looking at a pretty poor figure.

Any advice would be apprecaited. Cheers!

I have no advice for you buddy with reference to your question but Iam all ears about the car, spec and price.

Lmao, Mark you dont need a new car. :) x

You can sell with outstanding finance as I know people who have done this in the past, just be honest about it and make the phone call to pay it off in front of the buyer on the day of transfer.

In regards to price it's anyones guess, I downloaded an AutoCar app for my phone the other day and it valued a 2012 with 4k miles at £29k!

What is the spec of yours?

If its decent, a 2012 and less than 5k miles I'd think you would achieve £36k, or I am wrong?

Quote.........In regards to price it's anyones guess, I downloaded an AutoCar app for my phone the other day and it valued a 2012 with 4k miles at £29k.

AutoCar must be **** Turpin in disguise.

You can sell with outstanding finance as I know people who have done this in the past, just be honest about it and make the phone call to pay it off in front of the buyer on the day of transfer.

In regards to price it's anyones guess, I downloaded an AutoCar app for my phone the other day and it valued a 2012 with 4k miles at £29k!

What is the spec of yours?

If its decent, a 2012 and less than 5k miles I'd think you would achieve £36k, or I am wrong?

Cheers, good to know. I'm still not 100% on what I'm going to do yet. In terms of spec:

- 2012 (April 2012 registered)
- 4,000 miles
- Daytona Grey
- Ali Pack
- Buckets
- Bose
- Privacy glass
- Folding/dimming mirrors
- Interior light pack

Well, I'd say easily £36k, maybe £37k :)

Always a bad time to sell a car though this time of year.

Apparently it is illegal to sell your car with outstanding finance, as I was trying to do the same a while ago.
I was told this by the finance company, but they basically told me I would be fine to sell privately as "everyone does it anyway".... Their words.

Hi mate sorry to see your selling up, i have audi pcp and yes you can sell the car ,just get a settlement figure from the finance company , you have to pay this off , they will send or email you a letter telling you the finance has now been paid ..so if the buyer has the funds you can pay by phone, the settlement figure....

Apparently it is illegal to sell your car with outstanding finance, as I was trying to do the same a while ago.
I was told this by the finance company, but they basically told me I would be fine to sell privately as "everyone does it anyway".... Their words.

I thought that might have been the case. I guess as long as I'm open about it with the buyer and clear the finance on the phone infront of them then it should be ok. I would doubt the finance company care as long as they get their money.

Cheers for the replies.

Reactions: Kelza
Hi,

You can sell your car but ONLY if you pay your deposit off before selling it and informing the buyer. But FSA states that you cannot sell the car as its still owned by the Finance Co until full outstanding payment is made. There is another way around it, ring the Finance Co. and tell them the new owner will take ownership of the outstanding finance but they will have to do credit checks etc etc.

I hope you get it sorted dude.

Regards

Inti

Same here Mate, sorry to hear!

I have the oppurtunity of a repo house to move my Mum closer to my home and may choose to sell the Cali and RS..

Hmmmm......sorry you have to sell it buddy........I may be in the market for an RS3 as everyone knows. I wasnt expecting to get one until after Xmas but Im all ears my man.

Reactions: Kelza
Hello everyone and hello G5und.

I'm new to the site but have been hovering around in the distance reading all the posts in the last few weeks.

I have a 135i M Sport which I am putting on the market next week and have made the decision (a while back to be honest) to purchase an RS3. I would be interested in purchasing your car as soon as I can sell mine - if you can wait that is - I understand the terms on the finance but I'm sure that can be overcome. It's also the spec that I'm after.

As I say, I've got to shift the 135i first, but I'm confident of it shifting - I look after my cars - if you can hold on until I sell and we can meet with the finance company I'd be happy to do a deal - after an inspection of course and an agreement on price. Let me know.

Regards
Jason.

I have done this both buying and selling where the vehicle has finance and no problems as long as you provide proof of paying off the finance on both sides.

Get some pics up buddy.

Hello everyone and hello G5und.

I'm new to the site but have been hovering around in the distance reading all the posts in the last few weeks.

I have a 135i M Sport which I am putting on the market next week and have made the decision (a while back to be honest) to purchase an RS3. I would be interested in purchasing your car as soon as I can sell mine - if you can wait that is - I understand the terms on the finance but I'm sure that can be overcome. It's also the spec that I'm after.

As I say, I've got to shift the 135i first, but I'm confident of it shifting - I look after my cars - if you can hold on until I sell and we can meet with the finance company I'd be happy to do a deal - after an inspection of course and an agreement on price. Let me know.

Regards
Jason.

Get in line sonny!!!

Sorry to hear G5und is having to sell there beloved RS3. Sounds like it might be Tax Disks at dawn between Brodster & Boozyjay with Sandra mediating, that is if she doesn't jump in and slap her cuz Mark down and muscle in on the bidding war and get the car for herself... :eiertritt:

Reactions: Sandra and Brodster
Well wierder things have happened. I'll just get my cape on :superman:and fly in under her radar. I will be :racer: whilst she will be :sob: and :uhm:. lol

Lmao, fly under my radar indeed, as if that could ever happen. . :nunu: