Mechanic says the throttle body is gone & needs to be replaced :(

Crossmax

Reaction score
Got a check engine light over the weekend, dropped it into the garage and was told the throttle body was gone, suppose it shold need replacing after 190000 miles. I have noticed over the last couple of months that the engine has had a rough idle...would the throttle body cause this?

Peter

Yes, the teeth can wear and cause the flap to bounce around.

Got my car back, throttle body and EGR valve were full of carbon and soot which the mechanic cleaned out and deleted the check engine light. This morning started up the car and error is back. Called in to the garage again, connected up a VAG COM and now have been told that there is something wrong with the swirl valves and inlet manifold have to be replaced. Am looking at €1000 to replace. Has anyone encountered this problem...can it be fixed or does it have to be replaced?

Peter

do the homework,a lot of posting sometimes intake flap motor,repair kit,or intake assem call dealer with vin ask for parts get a exploded diagram of intake assem and ask questions about the intake flap motor etc,been working on cars 35 years good luck

If it's a 2015 fault this is a common issue with common rail audis. I've had this issue for 2 years since owning the car. Took it too a garage and they said £500+vat. Only this week have I managed to fix it myself, saved myself alot of money and all it took was a screw. Definatly do your homework before putting it into a garage could save yourself hundreds.

Did some research online and found a website that produced a fix for the P2015 fault. Bought a small CNC machined bracket that mounts directly onto the valve motor body, a bit fiddly to install but doable, would recommend having a set of lockable forceps. After starting the car three times the CEL dissapeared. Saved me a whole lot of cash, local spanner monkey wanted €1030 to replace the whole intake manifold, whats ever weirder is that my local Audi dealer wanted €720...the local mechanic's tools must be made of ivory and diamonds! If you do get the 2015 fault go to http://www.dieselgeek.com/

Pete

Reactions: Ritzdog