Mechatronic unit is stuck, connector housing won't come out

AudiDan1

Reaction score
Hi guys, the mechatronic unit on my A7 won't come out, I followed these instructions:

https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a5/power_transmission/7-speed_dual_clutch_gearbox_0b5_(s_tronic)/gearboxmechanicsgearsshaftsinternal_operation/mechatronic_unit_for_dual_clutch_gearboxj743/removing_and_installing_mechatronic_unit_for_dual_clutch_gearboxj743/

Everything is out except the housing where the cable connects into the mechatronic, I removed the bolt but it won't turn anticlockwise, I can't pull it out. To explain more in detail, the actual cable is out, just the connector housing is stuck, I think that is the only thing preventing the mechatronic from coming out, if anyone can suggest anything I would be grateful, thank you.

Attachments

• 20210730_195115.jpg
    20210730_195115.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 152
Hi

Looks quite dry, have you tried squirting it with some wd40 and pushing in and and out jiggling it a little rather then pulling out, Sometimes the most oddest things end up working.

Regards
Slapz

Hi, thanks for the reply, got it out by applying pressure from the inside with a screwdriver and twisting. Anyways, got another problem now. I'm trying to do the Clutch valve calibration in the basic settings of the transmission control unit on my 2015 Audi A7. Before I tried it wouldn't even start the procedure saying "(21) Function cannot be performed". All the criteria are met, transmission fluid was tried at 50 and 70°C, handbrake engaged, gear in Park, foot on brake. Then it worked suddenly on the other options in the menu such as main pressure valve calibration or the distance calibration, but when I tried the Clutch valve calibration, the process would start, the revs would increase but after a while it would show me "Exited due to reasons of safety". Does someone know why it's showing me this and why it sometimes starts and sometimes doesn't? Appreciate any advice, thank you.

Reactions: SlapNutz