! Members in the Bucks area !

JonBoi25

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been a member and had my Audi s3 8l for quite a while now. I mean to attend the occasional big group meet but never get round to it. I was just interested to see how many members are in the area and if anyone was up for a meet?? Get to discuss and look at mods, general banter, possibly the odd road trip. might sound a bit loserish but Just thought it would be a cool idea, make some new friends find out usefull tips. and a chance to show off our pride and joys. message if your interested. Cheers, Jon

Mines black, standard wheels, post headlight style. pretty standard looking really. but lots hopefully to come. How about you? Black -Rs4 alloys?

I've only seen black and blue ones locally. I see you've polybushed yours, does it make a big difference? did you fit them yourself?

Hmmm do you go to Furzton often? I followed a black S3 that turned into Furzton (near the shops) maybe a month ago, I have a vague recollection it had a private plate, maybe starting J...

I've got a facelift Dolphin grey S3, mostly standard.

I dunno how different, my bushes were shagged when I bought it. I guess it's a bit firmer but I've got saggy OEM suspension which makes up for it :p I got VagTech to do the bushes.

Liam

Liam - Ha yeah I do and it quite possibly was me! I Go to martial arts at the Furzton centre every other week and I have a friend living around there too! :). Ah I see well i'm planning to do mine soon, you prob had the right idea getting vag tech to do them, got a feeling i may swear a little doing mine lol!. How much did they charge for what ? Paradox 1 - hello, so are you Aylesbury way, beds/ luton/ Northampton ha! have you got an S3 ? whats it like ?

My bad Paradox i see you have a Gti ! Looks quite high spec, tell me more :) ?

Hehe is that the TKD?

I don't think they're too difficult to do yourself if have the right tools. But I'd just got the car and had budgeted for them to do them. They also do a great job on the 4 wheels alignment. Can't remember the cost, I'd have to look at home.

Liam

My bad Paradox i see you have a Gti ! Looks quite high spec, tell me more :) ?

Yeah aylesbury,wycombe way mate. yeah its coming along nicely. its got a k03s stage 2 running meth,wellycooler etc but im pretty sure my turbo is throwing in the towel. I keep seeing puffs of blue smoke every now and then. Think I need to upgrade to something bigger! :whistle2:

You got any pics of your s3?

ha I do Wing Chun although haven't been for a while. Yeah hopefully it shouldn't be too tricky, should have all the tools I need at work too. cheers for the heads up, 4 Wheel alignment will be a defo when ive sorted my bushes, suspension and anything else I can think of. Back to the first post If a meet is arranged at some and people are interested, how busy are peoples schedules? work etc? thanks, Jon

Paradox 1 - ah ok not too far then, sounds impressive mate only seen the meth installed on a diesel so I like your style. shame about your turbo I replaced mine way back not too tricky just time consuming and expensive... But bigger sounds better :)! something i'm looking to do eventually but its all money. and there is the must of getting your block and internals solid before hand! Ive posted a few pictures there on my profile. Ill try and update a few more at some point :) how about you, any pics?

MK side of Bedford here. I`d be up for a gathering of sorts. Pretty easy on times and dates be it evening or weekends. Dont really do much lol.

Haha good to hear from you Jason! nice one, we'll have to arrange a meet soon then!. Your spec looks pretty decent, What sort of power are you seeing from yours?

Paradox 1 - ah ok not too far then, sounds impressive mate only seen the meth installed on a diesel so I like your style. shame about your turbo I replaced mine way back not too tricky just time consuming and expensive... But bigger sounds better :)! something i'm looking to do eventually but its all money. and there is the must of getting your block and internals solid before hand! Ive posted a few pictures there on my profile. Ill try and update a few more at some point :) how about you, any pics?

Cheers Jon. Yeah just been looking at everything I need for the conversion. Im thinking I might get the turbo into a k04 hybrid but I really dont wasnt to do rods lol but i know i'll have to if I go that route. Yeah I want to give it a try myself, it seems pretty logical but I was thinking Id start on a friday and do it over the weekend just incase. Im sure i'll be alright. No recent pics, i'll post some later tonight

Paradox - Yeah it isn't something to do in a hurry, plan it through and ensure you do your research. Wanting to do something similar i've spent a while tracing through this forum and peoples builds to get an idea of what's involved. Running on standard internals would be nice and simple but as you say it would need doing, I just wouldn't want to run the risk of spending all that money to have my block end up with a hole in it :-/... i'd be happier knowing its less likely to bang! :). Well Good Luck for the weekend mate :)! If we arrange a meet and your up for it ill give you a message on here at the time. Cheers , Jon

Haha good to hear from you Jason! nice one, we'll have to arrange a meet soon then!. Your spec looks pretty decent, What sort of power are you seeing from yours?

B5 TIP being the only performance enhancing mod i have its nothing to shout about. Standard 210 but a quick 3rd gear log a while back using 0.8 rule worked out at about 225 so 15bhp gain from the B5 which is about usual.

Jason - Sounds good to me, I replaced mine with a cheaper silicone TIP as it had a hole in it!. Ive not heard of the 0.8 rule lol? I'll let you know if a meet is arranged then mate? cheers

Good to hear from you squirrel of doom, yeah your a little way away but your more than welcome :)!! What's the spec on your s3 then buddy? Looks smart in the picture. Jon

hello gents. sorry don't come on here often so only just seen this post. im from mk as well. liam do u by any chance have a private plate that's L14M**? if that's u I always see ur car when im at work (work in Newport pagnell).

I take it u work right near me then as I always see u drive past while im at work!! car looks good fella. between u and I, I had some time away from my s3 as she was doing my nut in (turbo died and hybrid didn't work, new hybrid worked but then more issues) so strayed away but every time I see ur ****** s3 I get the wants for mine!! so after leaving her sat rotting for almost a year I have decided its time to revive her!! as soon as shes done keep ur eyes peeled for a silver 52 plate being drove like its just been stolen! if u see a black Porsche flash ya that's me. :)

Hehe PM me where you work, I'll drive past super slow so you can see my new alloys.

Mine is a money pit too, like they all are, you fix one thing and another two things break.

If you want any help with your car give me a shout, love tinkering with them.

liam

liam im stalking u mate as I see u drive past yesterday at about half 9.30-10ish ;) god u start work late!! haha. will give u a pm tho as its always good to know fellow s3 owners for when mine fooks me off and I decide to sell all the bit I have kicking about! :)

Late? That's early for me!!

Yeah let me know, there's a few bits I need ... ;) Otherwise get your **** in gear and get it back on the road and come to the meets that JonBoi is going to be organising.

Liam