Metal dust caps stuck

Adam Caldow

Reaction score
Hi, i have some metal s logo dust caps on my car but the front 2 seem to be stuck on, ive tried spraying wd40 on them and using 2 pairs of pliers to try and get them off along with boiling water but having no joy whatsoever and could do with putting air in my tyres, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Dremel/small hacksaw to make a cut in the valve cap, prise open with a screwdriver, throw them to the back of the garage and swear.

Reactions: aqibi2000
Dremel/small hacksaw to make a cut in the valve cap, prise open with a screwdriver, throw them to the back of the garage and swear.

unfortunately i don’t have either of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hacksaw £1 Do it gently and it will be fine

They could be the spinning anti theft caps ,if thats the case buy some more and use the tool

If you cannot get them off it is not a massive problem. The wheels will have to come off the car at a tyre fitters.
the wheel is placed in the device that pushes the tyre in from the rim just behind the valve. The valve stem is cut to let the air out. To begin with. It is cut off from the inside after the tyre is squashed in then a new one threaded and pulled through.
So the tyre is not removed from the rim and so you don’t need a rebalance. I had one done due to a leaky valve seat and it cost £5.00.

corrosion between dis-similar metals.

Just take to a tyre place they will cut it off and stick you a new one in.

Note to self - use plastic valve caps in the future