Metal sump guard for my S3?

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Morning!

After the incident with my car i'm looking to get a metal sump guard. I've heard of a company called diesel geeks and checked out their site but they don't do it for the S3 anymore grrr!

Does anyone know where i can get one please? I've never driven around so paranoid in my life LOL

Thanks. Enjoy the sunny day while i'm stuck in work!

Jay

Cheers Tuffty! I don't wanna spend on a new sump though, i've bought a new sump recently due to the incident. I'm looking for the huge metal sheet which covers it like the Diesel Geek ones.

TBH its only a bit of thick ali sheet welded onto an OEM sump... find someone handy who can TIG weld ali and get some sheet welded on to yours.. remove first of course :)

<tuffty/>

You can MIG ali? would be a sheet of aluminium to a sump of cast aluminium.... (no actual expert as you can tell) :)

<tuffty/>

yes a pulse set can do it easy without transferring loads of heat unlike the older mig ali sets.
Its a reinforcing job so you would not have to fully weld it so not as much distortion...I could do it.

yes a pulse set can do it easy without transferring loads of heat unlike the older mig ali sets.
Its a reinforcing job so you would not have to fully weld it so not as much distortion...I could do it.

Get the kettle on mate and I'll pop over ;P

<tuffty/>