Metalic or solid colour also maybe for sale

steve184

Reaction score
Thinking of trading my Audi A3 in for a new one. Debating on losing the metallic paint though in favour of bright red - wondering whether it being a solid colour might make it a little less suceptable to marking from bird muck - as my moro blue paint i have now has been a nightmare last year for this (although strangely not had so much of a problem this year for some reason).

Also, preliminary enquiry - would anyone be interested in buying mine? Its an 04 TDI Sport, 10,000 miles absolutely pristine condition (and i mean pristine - for example the wheels are flawless and have never been kerbed once or repaired for that matter). Never repaired paintwork wise either, all factory fresh. Spec is as follows:

Moro blue pearl paint
Pebble grey/light grey leather interior
Xenons
Light/rain sensor
Auto dipping and folding door mirrors
Storage pack
Interior light pack
Front armrest
No smoking pack
Cruise control
Symphany + BOSE
Heated front seats
Rear mats

Just serviced in June so ages until next service, very low miles as above, warranty until June 07. Full price when new £23,444 - now just over two years old.

Any offers?

cheers

Mine is Brilliant Red and to date (one year) it has resisted the wrath of the birds. But I do keep it away from trees and make a point of cleaning it off as soon as I possibly can. My old 8L 1.8T Sport was a nightmare for it though but that was Ming Blue Pealescent, but then I would think that the top clear coat would be the same regardless of base colour, which is the bit that gets the damage. Maybe I have just been lucky.

I would stay with metallic, as it resists fade much better over time. Solid colours come up beautifully when clean, but you really need to keep a layer of wax on it to keep the paint fresh.

Nice car by the way!

well we will see, checked the autotrader, very few around in my area other than extortionate 'basic' models at audi dealers, mines ****** all miles very good spec, etc so i dont think ill have a prob selling for that give or take 500 quid or so

I had a bright red sportback (hence the name) and loved it, a real eye turner in that colour as well.

No problems in keeping it looking like new, unlike the metallic colour i've got now.