Methanol

Sorry to drag this thread up again....

But for those using water methanol, how much are you using?

Reason why I ask is I’ve done around 1300-1500 miles now and it’s barely dropped an inch in the tank.

My driving is fairly spirited so I’d be above my set 15psi when it’s activated.

Just curious :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depends on if you are basic on off single pressure switch kit or progressive type as to when its ideal to start spraying
you want it when you're under load... else you will just rinse thru it for no benefit

Reactions: S3AMJ
depends on if you are basic on off single pressure switch kit or progressive type as to when its ideal to start spraying
you want it when you're under load... else you will just rinse thru it for no benefit

Makes perfect sense to me Bill, thanks for clarifying that.

For anyone else currently in my situation or looking to do a dual nozzle water meth injection setup.

There isn’t any DevilsOwn size 1 nozzles available due to an issue with the spray patterns... nothing likely going to come through until 2-3 months time, maybe longer not sure.

However I’ve found an alternative. It’s a Snow Performance Hypersonic 60ml/min (size 1) nozzle. Supposedly very good?

Bringing this thread back to life, what water meth kits are people running? AEM, Devils Own, Cooling Mist? Whats best/cheapest place to get one from?

Would people advise to advance timing and map ecu again for water meth, or just install water meth and leave timing as it is?

AEM kit is pretty good, that’s where my water meth addiction started haha. With one nozzle post intercooler it’ll aid with IAT so the car will generally run happier. You will need to have the car mapped for it though..... if you are planning on going water meth dependent, then you’ll need some safety features in place.

Also in my experience 50/50 ratio as a minimum, I personally and a few others run 80/20 ratio.... 80 parts meth 20 parts water.