Meyle HD control arm kit

rizzini7

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right after my thread the other day about if I should risk what seemed to good a deal to be true. I went ahead and ordered the control arm kit of Amazon along with some well priced Brembo pads.

Kit arrived today and everything appears to be present and correct. Googled a part number stamped on an individual part and that ties to my make and model.

On googling the kit it's priced at £400+ at some retailers.

So here's a heads up Amazon £129
Being fitted Saturday so will update then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006THU66Q/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1

Not the best picture as taken with iPad but shows all parts present

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1402493012.684452.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1402493012.684452.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 334
Reactions: Big Al and TOM.S
Thats for a B7 isnt it?

I am after the same for my 2.4 B6 convertible

They don't list the cabrio separately but seems to fit everything else so I'm sure it will be fine. I've ordered one, too cheap to pass up.

Dont stress Rizzini7 I have replied to Leegsi to confirm it will fit his car.

Rhinoman it will most definitely fit your car.
As it is a B7

****** el thats cheap aint it for a meyle kit, ive seen the cheap no make kits on ebay but if thats a meyle than thats peanuts!

****** el thats cheap aint it for a meyle kit, ive seen the cheap no make kits on ebay but if thats a meyle than thats peanuts!

My thoughts exactly, was looking at this a while ago having just replaced all the similar parts on our X5 and noticing a difference to the general ride quality. The standard price around £450 is reasonable for MeyleHD so this is a no brainer for anyone with a few miles on there car.

anybody know if these will fit b6 avant, im pretty certain they will but just want to double check!

Yeah that's why I was hesitant about ordering as it seemed far to cheap. All came marked up as meyle. Each part is stamped with part number etc... Just took a punt and ordered it. Suppose if it's incorrect it's their error so can be sent back

Mate at Tps said Bottom arms are about £120 each. Top ones are around £55.

Right who's ordered one? See the stock level has gone down

Last edited:
I really want to order a set but from what I'm looking at they won't fit b6 as there's anouther kit that ends with 83hd and this kits 85hd!
i thought b6 b7 suspension was all the same?

I'm looking for a cost effective replacement for b6 s4 cabrio

What's the cost to fit?

I really want to order a set but from what I'm looking at they won't fit b6 as there's anouther kit that ends with 83hd and this kits 85hd!
i thought b6 b7 suspension was all the same?

90% sure it will fit you car. Pm me your plate to confirm.

Just a quick question...you do realise that Meyle do not manufacture these for Audi right?

They are purely copy/pattern products hence the cheap price.
For example, the original equipment for VAG and especially on the Multi Link platform is made of airplane grade aluminium F50. Which is designed to snap under accident impact to allow you to safely bring the car to a stop.

By using non-genuine product (which i can only assume is not made of the same material due to the cost) you run a dangerous game of how much is your life worth IMO. (would you put part worns on a V10 super car? :p)

Good job these cars arent V10's

And Meyle is a Germany brand but these products are manufactured in China if you must know.

And just to be clear Audi dont make there own multi link parts either. The parts again are outsourced by a company called Lemforder.

Worst case scenario the non oem wont last as long. Reality is would that matter..... no not really. Just a extra cost in the long run.

Understandably I am not usually one for "generics" but having said that a lot of the time they have a very strict and high guideline to follow.

Its kinda like me saying if you put a South Bend clutch in your Audi yes the south bend is a copy of the OE part and purely a copy but yes it has to fit again within guide line. But the south bend clutch can take up to 350 lbft of torque were as the Audi can only do around 290lbft. So would that be right for me to say that Audi is using the copy or is South Bend? And of course the south bend is a non genuine technically that would make the Audi part the inferior part and not the South bend.

Well as you may have already gathered i work for ZF which owns Lemforder, Sachs and Boge (all OE brands supplied into VAG etc).

Indeed i agree, these products do have a place in the market for older vehicles, but the Lemforder suspension kit for this platform isnt that much more expensive...

Anyways the point i was getting at is that most of the time people are not fully aware of the differences between the parts (in this case the design, engineering, and development that goes into these parts), and FYI Meyle set their own standards, where as because Lemforder supply on contract to the OE's they have to abide by strict manufacturing guidelines otherwise they loose their contracts, where as companies such as Meyle can do as they please with nothing to lose!

As above
These products do have a place in the market
But with mixed reviews with meyle failing after a year or two it's not worth it
As above for a little bit more can get oe equivalent standard

I dont know if that was a pricing error but they are now up at £471.30

I bought the last set. For that money I could have only got 2 bottom arms from my local factors with trade discount.

I'm sure they will be better than the current set up which has done over 100k. Also saves me doing the wheel alignment more than necessary.

I might bung on a new set of shocks at the same time, any recommendations of brands? Running h&r 50mm 2wd kit in my avant.

Cheers, Mark.

Sure I read on a couple of forums a lot of the guys in the US rave about them. Nothing in the box, but a lot of places the kit has 4yrs warranty.
My mechanic seemed happy with them and will be installing Saturday (he said price wise maybe they had a few kits kicking around). He said he could only get the top arms for £225 (aftermarket)
Just looked again, they're also supplied by someone else now. The kits we ordered were direct from Amazon.

Cant fault amazons delivery service either

Looks like £95.55 for damaged box item from Amazon marketplace...
Might be worth considering for that price!

Got mine fitted today and well pleased. Feels miles better. Mate said one of my bottom arms was fudged as well. He wadi it was a big job. Didn't fit track control arms as mine are fine

Reactions: Big Al
Probably sell the unused parts and pretty much pay for what you used

Wow, good old predictive text "he SAID it was a big job" lol
Good news it's cost me for the kit, brake pads and labour what it should of cost for just the control arms I needed replacing