MFSW Coding

Brad.

Reaction score
I'm looking at fitting an MFSW to my s-line a3.
Firstly how do I know if i have the correct slip ring?

secondly,
is there anyone near guildford who could code it for me? (Obviously for some beer tokens!)

Also, what wheel are you planning on adding as there are a few different types? Some'll fit, some won't.

I know the wheel fits, i've had it on the car plugged in etc. Just haven't had the chance to actually get the car powered up etc! (doing a few things to it)
So just want to check the slip ring.

It isn't DSG no.

Where do i find the part number for the slipring?

You were asked what year your car is as that is important. Provided it is pre 2010 ish then this will help :-

The
ONLY steering module that will work is part number 8P0 953 549 F. It must be 8P0 not 1K0

The correct slip ring for that module is 1K0 959 653 D which includes steering angle sensor.

Sorry about the bold type but can't seem to remove it !

Ahh I missed that, sorry its a 2006 s-line Quattro.

If it's 2006 then you will have the correct slip ring as mentioned above.

However, I very much doubt you will have the correct steering module. I reiterate that the steering module number above starting 8P0 (not 1K0) and with suffix 'F' is the ONLY one that will work with your mfsw.

Both your existing part numbers can be identified using VCDS

Ok. I'm pretty much stuck then seeing as I don't have a copy of VCDS. Dammit.

Thanks for your help Mike!

Right it seems i don't have the correct steering module, yet i can't find out where the module is actually located to change!

Any chance someone could point me in the right direction please?
I've searched the internet but can't seem to come across any guides with a how to, to actually change the module!