mfsw for s3 8p

djlazyp

Reaction score
does anybody know what part numbers i need to fit a mfsw ive fitted the wheel but i dont think it has right slip ring or ecu its a 2007 s3.

also if i have to change the slip ring and ecu can i recode it with the ross tech tool as i bought one of the net and how would i go about coding it ? cheers...

hi mate ive just bought a mfsw for my 07 S3 i bought the slipring part no: 1K0 959 653 D and a control module part no: 1KO 953 549 F got the slipring off ebay and the control module off one of the guys on here hope that helps

sbhoy, are you sure you needed a new slip ring - I thought 8P2's like the S3 didn't need this upgraded to add MFSW?

i think so as my sterring module is not 1KO 953 549 F it is 1KO 953 549 ah. think that one is only compatible with cruise control also need to check the slip ring where will i find the part number for that?

i know mate but when buying the wheel i did not know what parts i needed when i phoned audi they would not tell me what parts i had on my car once i told them i was putting a wheel on and it was not off them so the guy i bought the wheel from had the slipring for £50 so i bought just to be safe i will punt it if not needed

i have just completed my MFSW fit and its not a hard job, i would first make sure you have the right parts on your car already.
go into Audi and give them your chassis number and they should be able to tell you what you already have on your car. Just don't do what sbhoy17 did and tell them you have bought parts elsewhere... just tell them you are trying to find out what is needed and what you have.
As long as you have slipring part no: 1K0 959 653 D and a control module part no: 8PO 953 549 F you will be ok

as for the 1KO 953 549 ah i dont think it supports MFSW as it shows in the below link.
http://www.rv-solutions.co.uk/public/Audi_Accessory_Update_Retro.pdf

Also before you go ahead and try to do the job make sure you have to hand a torx 25 screw bit and a M16 Spline bit, as these are the two types holding your airbag and steering wheel in place. there are guides on the forum to how to fit if you need more help... or just ask here :)

Last edited:
would i be right in thinking that ecu 1KO 953 549 F is the same as 8pO 953 549 F just that a few people sayin one and a few saying the other cheers

As far as i know the one you need is 8P0 953 549 F have a look at that above link in my last post and you will see on the pdf that audi recommend the same one. mind you if you look at the column marked 'Multifunction' you can see which controllers support the MFSW so you dont always need the 8P0 953 549 F, thats more for cruise control fitting.

cool ill just go for that one then, how much are they?

I'm struggling to find a MFSW controller, can anyone help?

I got mine from ebay.de

I used Google to translate 'steering ecu' and did a search. There was only 1 but I won it for £62 incl. postage.

By the way 8P0 953 549 F is not the same as 1K0 953 549 F which will not work.

Incidentally the 8P0 version is now the only one fitted to the A3 and is the only one available from Audi at about £160 !

This one I've found on ebay.de should be ok, as it's a 'Highline' module with type 2 slip ring ( suffix D ) :-

VW Lenksäulensteuergerät 1K0 953 549G / 1K0953549G on eBay (end time 13-Feb-11 20:39:45 GMT)

advert states :- Das Steuergerät habe ich geprüft. Es unterstützt MFA +, Lenkradtasten und Tempomat which, translated by Google means - The control unit I tested. It supports MFA +, steering wheel and cruise control buttons

Last edited:
Wow thanks mike, I'm watching it so fingers crossed! I owe you a beer!