Might be leaving the 8P section

Morells

Reaction score
Hi guys I might be leaving soon but will still be around as I have the chance to buy a RS :icon_thumright: it'll be in the next couple of months but I'm either going to trade in the S3 for either of these 2 ........... A Audi RS3 or a Audi TTRS both second has but low miles I can't wait to finally own a RS. The RS4 did come into my mind but they are getting old and they are thirsty I know the other 2 are aswell but my brother used to get on average 15mpg from his RS4 where the others get low 20's I have heard.

Iv driven a RS3 on a couple of occasions but I have never driven a TTRS. The RS3 is a great car don't get me wrong the only thing that's putting me of is the only auto option where as the TTRS you can get them in manual and I'm a young lad so trying to make my mind up.

I'd look at your lifestyle and choose from there. Ever have more than 1 other person in your car, if so the answer is pretty clear to me

RS3 FTW!!

But if in doubt, buy both and give the one you don't want to me. :whistle2:

Whilst i love the sound of the Rs3. I have always been anti a 'Family estate' being used as a performance icon, even back with Volvo using states in the touring car series. They may go and handle the same but i cant ever see 5 door estate as a nimble handling sports car, its like Peter Crouch he's a great player but doesn't really look it! (although look at the woman he has)
Well you will choose what you want of course dont listen to us. Im just jealous i can't buy a car like that in that price bracket, and good luck to you.
But for me without doubt it would be a BMW 1series M. The noise the scream of that straight 6 and turbo and the looks and everything makes me do a sex wee. Way better than both i have to say :) You must of considered one surely? A friend of mine has one, and one day she will be mine!!!(i whisper it to her everytime i see her)

If and when they bring out a proper Rs3 as in hot hatch then ill be there selling my left goolie for one.

Last edited:
Get the TTRS, my mate has a TT s-line and its a completly different animal.. You'll have good fun!

Whilst i love the sound of the Rs3. I have always been anti a 'Family estate' being used as a performance icon, even back with Volvo using states in the touring car series. They may go and handle the same but i cant ever see 5 door estate as a nimble handling sports car, its like Peter Crouch he's a great player but doesn't really look it! (although look at the woman he has)
Well you will choose what you want of course dont listen to us. Im just jealous i can't buy a car like that in that price bracket, and good luck to you.
But for me without doubt it would be a BMW 1series M. The noise the scream of that straight 6 and turbo and the looks and everything makes me do a sex wee. Way better than both i have to say :) You must of considered one surely? A friend of mine has one, and one day she will be mine!!!(i whisper it to her everytime i see her)

If and when they bring out a proper Rs3 as in hot hatch then ill be there selling my left goolie for one.

you mean the 1M yeah? My brother swapped his RS4 for one I got to drive both and I'm not a fan yeah that's right probably the only person who dosnt like it. Don't get me wrong it's fast but I felt cramped in the cabin and also I'm not BMW's biggest fan so sticking with the audis.

I love the RS3 for practicality but for handling and driving, I would say the TTRS would have to be the better option.
Although I've never driver either, I have spent a bit of time in a TTS and a TT S-Line and the handling wipes the floor with my S3 so if that is anything to go by...

I had a brand new S3 for 5 months before trading it in for a new RS3.

This will probably **** a few people off but don't compare the S3 to the RS3. I loved my S3 to bits but the RS3 wipes the floor with it in the enjoyment stakes.

The engine is a work of art, the gearbox is astonishing and the brakes epic (if you can ignore the squeal :) )

Never driven a TTRS so can't comment there.

Either option you choose will be awesome!

Reactions: Kelza
​It will be difficult for you to decide which to choose, both are stunning cars. :) x

you mean the 1M yeah? My brother swapped his RS4 for one I got to drive both and I'm not a fan yeah that's right probably the only person who dosnt like it. Don't get me wrong it's fast but I felt cramped in the cabin and also I'm not BMW's biggest fan so sticking with the audis.

Ah fair do's and nice you've certainly had good exposure to alternatives. In that case Yes TTRS for me too or wait for an RS3 hatch :) how it should of been!