Might of found the one. . . hopefully!

Stink

Reaction score
Went and saw another A3 today number 5!

Good spec was a 04' 140 TDI SE with S-line styling, 3 dr, 107k full leather, 6 disc changer, 18" wheels etc etc, for a 7 yr old car leather was in good nick, the bodywork again was alot better than the 55 plate i viewed yesterday! cambelt + waterpump recently changed at 102k by audi. And all tyres had a decent amount of tred on which is a nice change! the last few the rears have been practically bold!

No white smoke on start up so hoping there are no cylinder head issues as it is a BKD

Going to test drive it tomorrow morn all going well looks like ill be sorting out the finance and having it!

Is it bad that ive already got a list of things to change

Sounds normal to me too. I usually have a spare bedroom full of bits and pieces to fit to the car before I've found one.
People at work asked what happened if I didn't get an A3, but I'm one of those people that do so much research before buying something that there's no way I was changing my mind.
When I bought my old mk4 Golf, I already had the anniversary bodykit, wheels, badgeless grille, RBBR lights, HID kit, TT quickshifter, suspension kit and spoiler waiting. It's a good weekend when you go out there and can do everything at once.

Reactions: Stink
well main things is lower it a tad, get rid of the wood trim and get some carbon wrapping action on and a re-map

Sounds good Joe... Hope it drives as good as it looks and you do a deal...

Even though the diesel's are reliable.. I would think twice about any car at 107k.

What is your budget? A few of us could help and keep an eye out..

Even though the diesel's are reliable.. I would think twice about any car at 107k.

Budget is 7k max, this A3 is 5999 which is in budget and has the spec im after

Ive been looking around and with my budget there really arent any cars with the lower mileage on :p im happy with what ive seen, again cambelt and water poump have been done 5k ago

my current mk2 is on 154k :D silly really as its 20yrs old so a avg of 7k a yr since 91' these newer diesels nearly have that in 5-7 yrs!!

if I could find one that had the right miles I would go for it but it does appear that with low mileage comes a hefty premium, the sales guy yesterday was trying to get me into a 07' 170 TDI 82k but 10k which is 3k over my budget :p

Well test drive done today, very nice drive, a few people have told me to test how it pulls in 4th whilst doing 30 so tried that and pulled very well

Think this is the one! just need to arrange for my mate to come get my mk2 so i can put the deposit down!

i would disagree to be honest. I have been doing alot of reaearch recently and diesels on average milege go for stupieddd money. Plus 100 k for a 7 year old car isnt high at all if its a diesel. In fact, some people have told me that high milege diesels are somewhat better than buying sayin one around 70k as you will be hit with cambelt and pump issues sooner. Im no expert, my views are just based on opinions and reviews.

I think from the description you have given us Stink it sounds good. Has it got service history?

And yes, it is good to have plans before you buy the car...also jot down facelift s-line bumpers with single grille. What color is this a3?

I used to know a guy 20 years ago who had a driving school and he would buy 1.9 Pug 205 diesels new, put 200k miles on them and sell. He would recon on an Exhaust at 100k, anything else was pretty unusual.
Hopefully 20 years on, Audi can match Peureot after all mileage is the whole point of diesels. Thats why they are truck/bus/ship/plant engines. the fact that they are quite good on fuel is a reasonably new thing.

i would disagree to be honest. I have been doing alot of reaearch recently and diesels on average milege go for stupieddd money. Plus 100 k for a 7 year old car isnt high at all if its a diesel. In fact, some people have told me that high milege diesels are somewhat better than buying sayin one around 70k as you will be hit with cambelt and pump issues sooner. Im no expert, my views are just based on opinions and reviews.

I think from the description you have given us Stink it sounds good. Has it got service history?

And yes, it is good to have plans before you buy the car...also jot down facelift s-line bumpers with single grille. What color is this a3?

yeah overall its a great car as said it is an SE model but S-line styled, it has got service history, the original service book was lost so they have got a dulicate and recd the info from audi there are 2 services missing which the garage have advised could of been done by an independant garage but couldnt tell me, the last one was at 102k but audi where the water pump and cambelt were both done. The garage are also going to do a service on the car as well before its sold. has MOT till June 2012. does come with an extented 6 month warranty which i can upgrade etc after 6 months if i want too

again after checking the MOT history / HPI check all is ok on that front and the condition of the car for the age and miles is great, a few little bits a detailing session cant sort
http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1738813354

Looks good mate. As long as your happy with it then that's the main thing!! You don't like going far to buy your cars do you lol!!
How come you have decided to get rid of the Mk2??

Looks good mate. As long as your happy with it then that's the main thing!! You don't like going far to buy your cars do you lol!!
How come you have decided to get rid of the Mk2??

well i have been travelling around to view them its just what ive found happened to be on my doorstep :D

getting rid of the mk2 as i fancy a change and get back into a modern car again

I used to know a guy 20 years ago who had a driving school and he would buy 1.9 Pug 205 diesels new, put 200k miles on them and sell. He would recon on an Exhaust at 100k, anything else was pretty unusual.
Hopefully 20 years on, Audi can match Peureot after all mileage is the whole point of diesels. Thats why they are truck/bus/ship/plant engines. the fact that they are quite good on fuel is a reasonably new thing.

Old diesels are reliable because they're simple, no injectors, turbos, DMFs, DPFs etc. New diesel's have become increasingly complicated to get any reasonable performance and hide the typical diesel characteristics so they're never going to match the old tractor engines.

If you're happy with it mate, go for it :)
A colleague has an Mk4 VW Golf with the 1.9TDI PD engine in with 134k on and 11 years old, only thing that's gone wrong was the coolant level sensor and window motor regulator.
Be sure to post more picture if you get it! :)

Budget is 7k max, this A3 is 5999 which is in budget and has the spec im after

Ive been looking around and with my budget there really arent any cars with the lower mileage on :p im happy with what ive seen, again cambelt and water poump have been done 5k ago

my current mk2 is on 154k :D silly really as its 20yrs old so a avg of 7k a yr since 91' these newer diesels nearly have that in 5-7 yrs!!

shame you dont have another 1k to get mine. 47k all the way

Well deposit paid hopefully can pick it up tomorrow :) pics to follow