millers additive. yes or no?

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with it? Have read loads of good stuff about it.

Discuss..

I've used various oil additives over the years, including millers.

Always did what I was hoping it would, usually dulling noise, or piece of mind. Slick 50 was always my personal favourite. Expensive though.

What is your goal for using it? Engine protection?

yeh basicly mate. protection when its cold, keeping the fuel system nice and fresh etc. I have heard it help with diesel ploom too when you give it some beans. just want to keep the car in tip top condition.

yeh basicly mate. protection when its cold, keeping the fuel system nice and fresh etc. I have heard it help with diesel ploom too when you give it some beans. just want to keep the car in tip top condition.

Well, it won't do it any harm, so what have you got to lose?

Alpine, my PD115 Passat on 173k miles and still going strong, I change the fuel filter every service and stick a can of Wynn's Injector cleaner in the fuel filter before refitting, and always use VW spec 501 PD engine oils.

ahh thats a new one jojo, never heard of that make before. Yep full history shows my Borat has always had the propper PD oil, i will keep it going. I see over on uk mkivs there are some PD lump running into the high 200ks with nothing other than a replacment belt and pump etc. Its nice to know. Just wish i could get the car now.. its sat uninsured in a garage atm waiting for the orig number plate paperwork to turn up so it can be taxed!!! so loooong! walking is so lame!

Don't use Slick 50 or PTFE impregnated additives. Especially in close tolerance engines/gearboxes, adding even a micron will change the tolerances of the moving parts which will have long term detrimental effects.

"PTFE is a solid which is added to engine oil and coats the moving parts of the engine.
However, such solids seem even more inclined to coat non-moving parts, like oil passages and filters. After all, if it can build up under the pressures and friction exerted on a cylinder wall, then it stands to reason it should build up even better in places with low pressures and virtually no friction.

This conclusion seems to be borne out by tests on oil additives containing PTFE conducted by the NASA Lewis Research Center, which said in their report, "In the types of bearing surface contact we have looked at, we have seen no benefit. In some cases we have seen detrimental effect. The solids in the oil tend to accumulate at inlets and act as a dam, which simply blocks the oil from entering. Instead of helping, it is actually depriving parts of lubricant"
"

I always used Millers diesel sport power 4 (or whatever it's called now) in my Golf IV PD 150. Seemed to be fine, but no dramatic improvements noted.
When I got shot of the car I gave the rest of the bottle I had left to the old man, who raves about it in his Volvo V70. Says it improved the throttle response, especially at low revs where he had a flat spot previously.

My 2p worth...

Hi bigbird, why don't you improve your diesel power sport 4?

I always used Millers diesel sport power 4 (or whatever it's called now) in my Golf IV PD 150. Seemed to be fine, but no dramatic improvements noted.
When I got shot of the car I gave the rest of the bottle I had left to the old man, who raves about it in his Volvo V70. Says it improved the throttle response, especially at low revs where he had a flat spot previously.

My 2p worth...

Ive been using it for a while, drop of good stuff it is..nozzle always blocks up on me though and i end up making a right mess/stink in the car :aggressive: