Millers EE long life c3 nanotechnology oil

WesT-gefül

Reaction score
Has anyone used this oil or had experience with it? General thoughts. For use in my b9 2.0 tdi 190ps

I’ve used their gear oil in another car which made the gear change butter smooth. Having the Stronic I don’t think you can get the gear oil from millers in nanotechnology but I wouldn’t want to use anything other than genuine gear oil when it comes to 38k for the service. I’ve seen some good results on YouTube but that was their racing version of the engine oil which required more frequent changes but Millers have made this c3 long life oil with the nanotechnology. I’ll be changing my service interval to 9k.

Here is the test FastCar did. https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning/millers-nanodrive-test//#comments
Bare in mind that was a different spec but I’m interested in the low friction properties of the nanotechnology oil to reduce ware on the engine not bothered about gains.

Here is the spec for the c3 5w30. PERFORMANCE PROFILE:
ACEA C3
API SN, CF
Meets the requirements of BMW Longlife-04 (= BMW LL04)
MB 229.51
GM dexos 2
VW 502 00, 505 01

https://www.millersoils-shop.co.uk/ee-longlife-c3-5w30-engine-oil

Last edited:
Unless it is approved by Audi then the warranty will be void, I also would take those performance gains with a large dose of salts in comparing new oil. Old oil versus new maybe...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Yes totally understand re gains. Like I said not bothered about gains at all. Just the low friction part of it. What is the Audi approved oil Castrol Professional? You would happen to know the exact spec and quantity needed?

Apologies for linking to the wrong page though, for some reason it tends to do this...

Oh I see, I am sure that an oil burner owner would verify it for you but I'm sure this has been posted before. I have a petrol engine so no help with the exact oil, sorry.,,

No idea. I've always just stuck with Castrol, been using 507 spec 5w30 for my last few VAG cars, buy it when it's on offer (£25-£30 for 4 litres), have about 20 litres in the garage! I do my own oil changes in between services and also do the "bring my own oil" trick to reduce service costs.

Nanodrive , Titanium FST all marketing spin for basestocks and friction modifiers etc .

The Millers isn't a higher 507.00 spec .

If you want the very highest quality anti wear / low friction C3 because it definitely has some top group 5 oil basestock ( Ester ) .

titan_race_pro_c3_5w30_5l_-_single.jpg

However this isn't VAG approved but VAG Fuchs recommendation so warranty void and not a LongLife oil so doesn't contain the level of detergents and dispersants in the additive package and requires the fixed service interval , which is a better interval anyway .

Next down is a dual spec C3 C2 507.00 like Mobil 1 ESP Formula , VAG approval
( there are cheaper versions available ).

C2 is a more fuel efficient less drag thus low friction than C3 by the way of more friction modifiers and not the cheapo way like Ford's oils by reducing viscosity .

But to be honest the regular 507.00 is high quality and good enough , change fixed or less .

However I would be tempted by the cheaper dual C3 C2 507.00 , again no good for cars under warranty as it won't be VAG approved .

Last edited:
@Gazwould thanks for your input. Yes the others are hydrocracked base oils. Shell do a very good c2 c3 oil with their natural gas base stocks which are very pure. I’ve looked at Fuchs race oil but as you’ve said it’s not usable re warranty. I want to use Millers because of the reduced friction. It’s not a gimmick. Thing is Millers doesn’t cover the 507 spec for my b9 A4 tdi.

@Gazwould thanks for your input. Yes the others are hydrocracked base oils. Shell do a very good c2 c3 oil with their natural gas base stocks which are very pure. I’ve looked at Fuchs race oil but as you’ve said it’s not usable re warranty. I want to use Millers because of the reduced friction. It’s not a gimmick. Thing is Millers doesn’t cover the 507 spec for my b9 A4 tdi.

They all have hydrocracked Group 3 ( really a mineral ) even the Fuchs Race Pro S /R and Race Pro C3 , even though it's marketed as Ester it will only contain 10 - 20% Group 5 ester .

The Millers is marketing otherwise it would qualify also as a C2 . Their Nanodrive CFS NT+ ester race oil is different as it's beyond manufactures specs so doesn't seek any , though again not a LongLife oil .

Stick with the approved VW owned and Fuchs manufactured Quantum LongLife III .

They all have hydrocracked Group 3 ( really a mineral ) even the Fuchs Race Pro S /R and Race Pro C3 , even though it's marketed as Ester it will only contain 10 - 20% Group 5 ester .

The Millers is marketing otherwise it would qualify also as a C2 . Their Nanodrive CFS NT+ ester race oil is different as it's beyond manufactures specs so doesn't seek any , though again not a LongLife oil .

Stick with the approved VW owned and Fuchs manufactured Quantum LongLife III .

Very good, didn’t know Fuchs manufactured Quantum. Here is their 507 spec. Another contributor spotted it. My original post should have had this oil. Have a look. https://www.millersoils-shop.co.uk/ee-longlife-5w30-engine-oil