Millers oil Nanodrive EE longlife 5w30 & oil Analysis b9 A4

WesT-gefül

Reaction score
I have been really impressed with this oil and the nanotechnology additives. The car seems much more eager to rev, especially in the midrange & very smooth. I would highly recommend this oil for the A4. They have done testing on the nanotechnology to reduce wear and now we’ve decided to hang on to the b9 I’ll be using this oil from now on. Car is just shy of 50k miles. It’s 504/507 VW spec oil which most of our cars use besides the S4 which I think is 508 spec. The oil I got from OpieOils at £42+- for 5L. This will be the cars second fill of said oil. Ps I don’t work for Millers and I’m not affiliated in any way.

https://www.millersoils.co.uk/products/ee-longlife-5w30/
d151d56e551ed97b38c1af333346eba7.jpg

5bef6f7e3ece04c361f5e5d2ad0f7ade.jpg

I’ve ordered up a oil analysis kit from Miller oil to see the quality of the oil & if any wear is occurring in the engine. We change our oil every 6 months so the oil does up to 10k miles. I’ll post the results of the test here on the forum for those who are interested. I’m not telling them it’s their oil.

My car is a 16 plate 2.0tdi 190ps

The oil Analysis costs £30 which I think is very good value. I’ll also be testing the DSG oil soon as I’ve had a new gearbox under warranty installed. I didn’t have to do the DSG service as they put fresh oil in.
https://www.millersoils.co.uk/oil-analysis/
68a4801829ad3b7f5e7849259392b8c5.jpg

Thought this may interest some on the forum. Will post results ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
I have been really impressed with this oil and the nanotechnology additives. The car seems much more eager to rev, especially in the midrange & very smooth. I would highly recommend this oil for the A4. They have done testing on the nanotechnology to reduce wear and now we’ve decided to hang on to the b9 I’ll be using this oil from now on. Car is just shy of 50k miles. It’s 504/507 VW spec oil which most of our cars use besides the S4 which I think is 508 spec. The oil I got from OpieOils at £42+- for 5L. This will be the cars second fill of said oil. Ps I don’t work for Millers and I’m not affiliated in any way.

https://www.millersoils.co.uk/products/ee-longlife-5w30/
d151d56e551ed97b38c1af333346eba7.jpg

5bef6f7e3ece04c361f5e5d2ad0f7ade.jpg

I’ve ordered up a oil analysis kit from Miller oil to see the quality of the oil & if any wear is occurring in the engine. We change our oil every 6 months so the oil does up to 10k miles. I’ll post the results of the test here on the forum for those who are interested. I’m not telling them it’s their oil.

My car is a 16 plate 2.0tdi 190ps

The oil Analysis costs £30 which I think is very good value. I’ll also be testing the DSG oil soon as I’ve had a new gearbox under warranty installed. I didn’t have to do the DSG service as they put fresh oil in.
https://www.millersoils.co.uk/oil-analysis/
68a4801829ad3b7f5e7849259392b8c5.jpg

Thought this may interest some on the forum. Will post results ASAP.

I switched to millers Nanodrive too.

Very impressed with it and Opie oils service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Haven’t used the long life, but I did use their CFS NT 5W40 in my B8 S4 (Stage 2).

It is excellent oil indeed and reduced oil consumption hugely (I believe it got too hot and was lost through breathing), switching to full Esther synthetic oil was a great move.

I had this Spectro’d (oil analysed) also every 5k and the results were superb. Very good given the stress in that engine and indeed it led to me actually extending the oil change interval as the contaminates were low and there was still plenty of additive left in it.

I’ll be using CFS NT again in my B9 S4 (TFSI) as I think she’s a keeper!.

Get yourself the oil sample tool they do also, and a few meters length of the LDPE tubing for taking samples, don’t reuse the tubing!! Makes sampling a piece of cake and don’t have to worry about jacking and drain plugs etc!

What led me to it was a few conversations with a guy who builds race engines for a living, and does plenty of rebuilds on the side, and he said CFS (the original formula pre NanoDrive NT/NT+, as those hadn’t been released at the time) was excellent and really evident it had been used as when the engines were stripped they looked literally like new inside. And I then switched to fully Esther Synthetic oil for my motors!

Very impressed with Millers and their service.

Could it be bias though Miller's reporting back on their own oil !

Best would be independent .

What's the actual active nano ingredient ?

Not saying it's snake oil , just putting it out there .

Good result here with their older CFS oil , now CFS NT+.

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning/millers-nanodrive-test/

Here is some more info. https://www.millersoils.co.uk/nanodrive/
I’m not telling them that it’s their oil. They would need to fake the oil analysis or switch the oil. Something I think highly unlikely as people working there would feel uncomfortable with that considering it’s just for an individual test by the public with no financial element at stake.

That very article from fastcar is what got me interested in millers. The CFS is not compatible with my diesel car and overkill for my stock car even if it was. They did however move the technology into their standard car oils that aren’t Ester based.

Last edited:
That’s it.

There’s two aspects here; NanoDrive, whilst I don’t doubt it reduces friction, I am not sure it does so to any effect on engine output, and no evidence for such has been presented on rolling roads when mags have looked into it (though this is not exactly scientific research methodology, and I expect Millers own research to be substantially more robust).

For me the big thing with the CFS/CFS NT lines is it’s a full Ester synthetic oil, and there lay the real advantages with these oils.

Regardless of which oil is used (or even which manufacturers), oil analysis is a great idea for the relatively little cost, to find out exactly how your oil choice is performing, when oil changes should be done (reduce or extend intervals) and to give you an overview of engine health, it’s remarkable exactly how they can pinpoint wear/failure in different parts of the engine given the wear materials they pick up inside the oil.

Whilst many think it’s overkill, there’s a reason it’s standard within aircraft engineering, and if you are considering swapping/keeping that PCP car after year or two, I’d definitely want to know the internal health of the most complex part of the car!

I'd really like to know what it is exactly that fills the metal surface imperfections to reduce friction .

Sounds like Liqui Moly CeraTec .

Which is Boron Oxide .

Unfortunately I doubt if the oil would make such changes perceived by the driver to the engine performance in such a manner it is noticeably improved. More than like local conditions, such as the recent increase in ambient temperatures, coincided.

I'd really like to know what it is exactly that fills the metal surface imperfections to reduce friction .

Which is Boron Oxide .

I don’t know the exact formulation but I’ll email the technical Team to find out what their actual nanotechnology consists of. I’d be interested to know too. It’s most likely a nano particles which are very small to flatten out the surface, but what they are exactly, I just don’t know.

Reactions: Gazwould

Which is Boron Oxide .

Contacted their technical team.

“Unfortunately I cannot disclose our formulation details.

p.s. it's not Boron.

Kind regards,
Tom”

Understandable given it’s proprietary but he did rule out Boron.

They're all like that , secret recipes an' all that .

Took time for Asda to get back with a data sheet for their 504.00 507.00
( made by Tetrosyl ) .

Then I asked what oil basestock groups were used to which they wouldn't discuss .

Most synthetics now days are group IV hydrocracked. Shell does some of the best base oil because of the process they use. GTL (gas to liquid) which gives you oil that is very pure (of impurities)

Also don’t Fuchs make genuine quantum 5w30 for AUDI in the UK?

Group III :wink:

Yes Fuchs was formally produced by Castrol in Ghent in Belgium .

£30 but check what is covered. I had my first two engine oils analysed as well as my first ATF. My main reason for doing so was to have them during the warranty period so that if anything bad happened they might (if relevant) help in a claim against Audi. I haven't bothered since then. The main purpose of oil analysis is to determine if the oil needs to be changed yet, and of course for most of us we just do it periodically anyway.

@Dippy that’s a good idea. I’m on an extended warranty. Had the pre-sence camera replaced so it paid for itself already. Do you still have the results from the oil analysis?

Yes I do have my results - did you have a question?

I used CFS NT and NT+ for many years on an Evo.
Could feel the difference.

Here is some information on it’s composition;

The nano technology within the oil is the C60 fullerene molecule, which won it's creators the Nobel Chemistry Prize.

C60's are carbon spherical molecules that are held in suspension in the oil. They act like small ball bearings that lower friction between two metals and stop actual metal to metal contact. The molecules are very small and actually impregnate themselves into the 'pores' of the metal in the engine.

They lower friction, wear and heat.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and Gazwould
Got the Oil analysis back. Good to see wear metals so low. Especially aluminium. Car had oil changed just shy of 50k miles (on the clock) with 8.4k miles & 6 months on the oil. TBN rating is nice and high which surprised me. The car also runs on BP ultimate diesel.

@Dippy have a look and compare analysis.

9e95589366394abc8d6c75ed60bf8de7.plist

8707eace57a51ad9a31d269a5c7622e8.plist

View attachment 198986
View attachment 198987
See pics above if you can’t open these on Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Says CFS 5W30 you submitted 5W30 504.00 507.00 EE LongLife ?

I noticed that too. Must be their internal naming for all nanodrive. They don’t do CFS (as you would buy it in bottle) in 5w30. They also requested info such as what oil is being tested & If you didn’t fill out all the info they wouldn’t do the test. Car reg , make model, diesel, oil type & brand etc

See CFS range here as I said. https://www.millersoils-shop.co.uk/fully-synthetic-nanodrive-motorsport-engine-oils

Which is Boron Oxide .

Been emailing re: my results after seeing Boron in the oil. Spoke to the person who did the Test via email. He tested a fresh sample of the oil. It does indeed have Boron in it. So much for me trying to verify this with their technical team.

“Hi Wes,

Attached is a fresh sample of EE I’ve just run. Boron is indeed an EP additive used in this blend.

The initial infrared scan didn’t show any traces of water so I didn’t run the test on that.

Sulphur and phos are really only relevant to assessing the SAPS level of a fresh oil and are on the standard report template (more common in gear oils which is the same layout).

Sorry about the late reply as I’m back on my computer. I sent the report from Debbie’s.

Cheers
Steve”

Below you can find raw data for the fresh oil sample. He went over and above for me here.
fbe7d1ff9d9b960113ac1240925b9288.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
We're still no wiser , C60 Fullerene or WS2 !

I'm surprised it's not also MB 229.52 given the lower friction .

These are performance profiles and not actual approvals .

Ester based but will only be about 10-20% Ester .

504.00 507.00 is ment to have some anyway.

Last edited: