Milltek Non-Res S4

BuzzW4

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking to change my exhaust and was thinking about a valved Milltek Non-Res - anyone got or heard this?
Really want to know how close to stock with the valves shut and how far away with valves open?
I know they're v expensive - but not sure how else to get some noise when wanted and quiet(ish) when in wife mode.
Ive heard a simple res delete is very droney.

Cheers

Mine...

It’s a little louder than stock with the valves closed, decently louder when they’re open. Got close to drone around 2.5k revs if I remember, but never actually droned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had milltek non-res with decat. I took it off the next day. The drone was unbearable, much louder than the exhaust itself.

It might be better with stock cat. But I personally wouldn't risk it.

I can suggest the milltek resonated with sport cat or decat - no drone and the valves are great (wife mode accepted here with this setup)

Reactions: Daggerit and Kondax
Got a Milltek non res full system on my S5 and love it. Slightly louder than stock when you have the valves closed but a notable step up with the valves open. I love it and barely any drone at all. Plus the pipes look fantastic

hmm well thats a bit of a Marmite situation! Think I need to hear one before I go for it. Thanks for the advice though.

where do you live? If it’s near I’d be happy to drive by.

Reactions: Kondax
Oh that’s close. L buzz here. Msg me and we can meet one weekend in MK or something

Hello - On Milltek non resonated, how are the valve controlled? Is it through the OEM valve management system?

I would like the tip to look close to OEM one in terms of size. It seems that GT 100 looks bigger. Can someone confirm?

Another question: after you had the Milltek installed, how did you bring back home the OEM exhaust?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Also the OEM tips are 90 mm width by 80 mm height.
Do you have any picture on how your Milltek tips look like on a S4 B9 Avant ?
Thanks again

Hello - On Milltek non resonated, how are the valve controlled? Is it through the OEM valve management system?

I would like the tip to look close to OEM one in terms of size. It seems that GT 100 looks bigger. Can someone confirm?

Another question: after you had the Milltek installed, how did you bring back home the OEM exhaust?

Thanks.

Valves use the same wiring so are controlled from the OEM system.

The tips are bolt on so you can pick various versions and I think that there’s a 90mm round version but I had the 100mm GT100 versions as they filled the exhaust cutout far better in my opinion. No pictures at the moment but might be able to find some this week.

To get the exhaust home I borrowed a friends van.

Reactions: JulienG
Valves use the same wiring so are controlled from the OEM system.

The tips are bolt on so you can pick various versions and I think that there’s a 90mm round version but I had the 100mm GT100 versions as they filled the exhaust cutout far better in my opinion. No pictures at the moment but might be able to find some this week.

To get the exhaust home I borrowed a friends van.

Thanks !
Are you also using an active valve control system like ASR or CETE ?

Thanks !
Are you also using an active valve control system like ASR or CETE ?

I don’t have the car anymore, but when I did it was just running full OEM valve control trough the driving modes.

I got mine on a discount deal though Unit 20 in Neston who fitted it inclusive of the price. They also removed it when the car was going. I got the factory exhaust back home in the boot of my S5 coupe believe it or not!
Best mod I did to the car and easily the thing I miss the most. I used OEM valve control although did toy with the idea of the remote valve control. I didnt end up doing it because OEM valve control gave more than enough sound.

Reactions: Daggerit
I got mine on a discount deal though Unit 20 in Neston who fitted it inclusive of the price. They also removed it when the car was going. I got the factory exhaust back home in the boot of my S5 coupe believe it or not!
Best mod I did to the car and easily the thing I miss the most. I used OEM valve control although did toy with the idea of the remote valve control. I didnt end up doing it because OEM valve control gave more than enough sound.

which exhaust did you fit? [mention]Simonwhite2000 [/mention]

S5 Rear View

Milltek non-res full system

Reactions: Bells and Daggerit
Hello - I am very interested in a Milltek non resonated. I don't want to touch downpipes.
Some say there is drone, some other say there is no drone and it is unbearable.
Is there a common view on this? Thanks.

Hello - I am very interested in a Milltek non resonated. I don't want to touch downpipes.
Some say there is drone, some other say there is no drone and it is unbearable.
Is there a common view on this? Thanks.
If you keep the cat in, then non-res is absolutely fine. If you remove the cat, you need to have resonators.

Just some food for thought I don’t know whether you’d already considered PCW Exhaust Mods instead? He tweaks your standard exhaust to get some extra added noise. Quite a few members on here have had work done and have had nothing but positive things to say.

My S5 is getting done soon with him, originally I was looking for a full Miltek system but couldn’t justify over £2500 for a sports diff system to fit my car, the few used ones I’ve seen all seemed to be for standard cars without the diff. So thought it would be worth a shot at £300 instead for him to work his magic.

Just some food for thought I don’t know whether you’d already considered PCW Exhaust Mods instead? He tweaks your standard exhaust to get some extra added noise. Quite a few members on here have had work done and have had nothing but positive things to say.

My S5 is getting done soon with him, originally I was looking for a full Miltek system but couldn’t justify over £2500 for a sports diff system to fit my car, the few used ones I’ve seen all seemed to be for standard cars without the diff. So thought it would be worth a shot at £300 instead for him to work his magic.

I am living in France and I haven't found the equivalent of PCW Exhaust Mods here. Fortunately I have the sport diff.
Keep us posted what mods are made by d PCW Exhaust Mods : do they remove the center resonator and replace it by X-Pipe?
What do they do?
Result looks nice here https://fb.watch/35uPVACTxP/

The only issue I see is that it is not possible to bring the car back to OEM to sell it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bells
I am living in France and I haven't found the equivalent of PCW Exhaust Mods here. Fortunately I have the sport diff.
Keep us posted what mods are made by d PCW Exhaust Mods : do they remove the center resonator and replace it by X-Pipe?
What do they do?
Result looks nice here https://fb.watch/35uPVACTxP/

The only issue I see is that it is not possible to bring the car back to OEM to sell it back.
Ah I see didn’t realise you lived in France that’s a little bit of an issue unless you fancy a road trip at some point :tearsofjoy:

That video you linked is what I’ve asked him to do to my car, apparently no unwanted drone either which is what I’m after. He doesn’t use an X Pipe, just opens up the existing exhaust / resonators and reworks the internals and welds it all back up. Unless Audi ever fully took the exhaust off they’d never know anything had been modified.

I asked about returning to stock and apparently it’s all fully reversible if you wanted to do that, although as it’s not asbo loud I’m sure most untrained ears wouldn’t notice the difference unless comparing 2 side by side:tearsofjoy:

PCW Mods is on Instagram too if you wanted to see the sort of cars he works on, mostly BMW’s originally but there’s Ferrari’s and all sorts on there! I’ll post some videos of mine once it gets done though :icon thumright:

It is sure that it is really cheaper than a Milltek exhaust !

Reactions: Bells
Hello - Do you know if some of you have replaced the center OEM resonator by a X-Pipe or straight pipes? Thanks

I think some will say that there was drone at motorway speeds! Not done it myself but that’s the word on the street

Do not remove the res and put an x pipe in, I did it and lasted 3 days before getting it put back in, sounded absolutely awful

Do not remove the res and put an x pipe in, I did it and lasted 3 days before getting it put back in, sounded absolutely awful

It sounds like the reliable options are the Milltek exhaust or the PCW Exhaust Mod if you are in UK.

I am about to click buy for a Milltek non resonated.
For those who have it, do you think it is really worth the 2500 GBP (installed) ? Thanks!