Milltek Secondary Cat Bypass

I don't imagine secondary cat removal will cause turbo damage, but a dealer could easily argue that it had caused a change in back pressure to the turbo and so this has caused all kinds of problems, this as we know is rubbish but you put the mod on there so your have to prove it wasn't.
I don't get people slagging off others for modding, it's horses for courses, you mod your car then don't moan if Audi don't want to pay for you altering millions of pounds worth of development, but in the same instance don't moan that others are modding, it's there money at the end of the day, I'll probably sneak in a cheeky tune at some point myself lol

Buy this as a spare Incase anything goes wrong lol may need an oil pump buts it's a darn site cheaper than £18,000 from Audi

I don't imagine secondary cat removal will cause turbo damage, but a dealer could easily argue that it had caused a change in back pressure to the turbo and so this has caused all kinds of problems, this as we know is rubbish but you put the mod on there so your have to prove it wasn't.
I don't get people slagging off others for modding, it's horses for courses, you mod your car then don't moan if Audi don't want to pay for you altering millions of pounds worth of development, but in the same instance don't moan that others are modding, it's there money at the end of the day, I'll probably sneak in a cheeky tune at some point myself lol
Modding is just a bit 1990's / McDonalds drive thru if you ask me lol.
Each to their own but I'm more than happy to keep my warranty intact, thank you very much!

I agree to a certain extent, a stage 1 tune is about my limit, maybe a decent exhaust if the car I've got sounds crap (not a problem on the RS3) but wings, stance, slammed, front lips and diffusers etc are all a bit much for me

Modding is just a bit 1990's / McDonalds drive thru if you ask me lol.
Each to their own but I'm more than happy to keep my warranty intact, thank you very much!
Agree completely with regards to visual 'modding', I cringe when I see some cars. But modifications under the skin (remap, brakes, suspension etc) can be worthwhile.

Does anyone know the VAG part number for the Audi Sports Exhaust?

Does anyone know the VAG part number for the Audi Sports Exhaust?

From another forum:

"I believe these are the part no's
8V0 253 181 C - standard exhaust
8V0 253 181 F - sports exhaust"

Doublecheck it also.

Thanks!
Between 1400 and 1600 Euros or cheaper if I import from UK!
I am not so sure about a louder noise though. I made a lengthy trip yesterday with two passengers and have to admit, even driving in comfort, the exhaust drone was there in the background which after a while became a bit monotonous.
Then I thought an easier and cheaper way was to wire up a switch to the flap actuator cables...

Thanks!
Between 1400 and 1600 Euros or cheaper if I import from UK!
I am not so sure about a louder noise though. I made a lengthy trip yesterday with two passengers and have to admit, even driving in comfort, the exhaust drone was there in the background which after a while became a bit monotonous.
Then I thought an easier and cheaper way was to wire up a switch to the flap actuator cables...

Was it Milltek cat back or Audi oem Sport exhaust and was decat done also? My sound is fine now but still wondering to go for Milltek cat back non-resonated for more but don`t want any drone and have decat already.

Drone is maybe the wrong word to use - just a steady exhaust sound that is more 'droney' than from an A3.
For myself, I do not mind but three of us having a conversation, it was noticeable.

Drone is maybe the wrong word to use - just a steady exhaust sound that is more 'droney' than from an A3.
For myself, I do not mind but three of us having a conversation, it was noticeable.

But is it a Milltek catback, oem exhaust or a oem sport exhaust and have you decat also? I think you have oem exhaust and no decat? I have oem exhaust, decat and electric mod for the flaps so I can lock them open or closed or by the system and of course it has a little drone for instance with a cold engine at startup and in some revs it can be a little static but that`s it.

Apologies! Being particularly dim today! It is a standard OEM exhaust with nothing removed. I have nothing against it - in fact quite like it with the ability to flick the gearstick into sport mode if I fancy a bit of noise!
What is your 'electric mod' for the flaps?

Apologies! Being particularly dim today! It is a standard OEM exhaust with nothing removed. I have nothing against it - in fact quite like it with the ability to flick the gearstick into sport mode if I fancy a bit of noise!
What is your 'electric mod' for the flaps?

The electrical mod is that I can lock flaps open or close or let the system handle it. The same mod was out for the 8P and now it showed up here to ours 8V too. It was a italian guy I think that have a thread he which shows exactly what to do. It's basicly a switch really cheap and easy to do. Can't find it now, but it is here somewhere.

Ah, OK. I wondered if you had a module that simply plugged in somewhere in the wiring. But yes, it would be a simple matter of switching the power cable that went to the rear flaps that I did consider, but I am not so sure now as I think each time the flaps are de-powered it will show up in the fault codes.
I am reluctant to change anything out or replace with non VAG parts as I am fortunate in having 3 ¾ years left on a four year warranty on the car paid for by the original owner, and do not want to jeopardise this more than I have to. It is bad enough that I am replacing the rear discs with RS7s, but I have had 'indication' from my local dealer that this might well be overlooked...(yeah, wait until a claim goes in and it will be a different story I bet..!!)

Ah, OK. I wondered if you had a module that simply plugged in somewhere in the wiring. But yes, it would be a simple matter of switching the power cable that went to the rear flaps that I did consider, but I am not so sure now as I think each time the flaps are de-powered it will show up in the fault codes.
I am reluctant to change anything out or replace with non VAG parts as I am fortunate in having 3 ¾ years left on a four year warranty on the car paid for by the original owner, and do not want to jeopardise this more than I have to. It is bad enough that I am replacing the rear discs with RS7s, but I have had 'indication' from my local dealer that this might well be overlooked...(yeah, wait until a claim goes in and it will be a different story I bet..!!)

Here it is http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/controlling-exhaust-valves.265123/ and its just a electric switch to put anywhere you like and the only thing you have to do is cutting 1 cable and connect those to the switch, that`s it and it works very well. Cheaper than decat also :)

Thanks very much! I was looking at switching much further back at the actual join, so this is a doddle in comparison!!
Do you know if it shows up in the fault codes when the actuators ar de-powered??

No fault codes at all during these 7 months.

Not really the right thread, but does anyone know if the OEM sports exhaust can be bought separately and retrofitted. If so, is it literally just a bolt in job, or are their calibration issues which would need sorting too?

Yes and Woodstock have done it already with full warranty. No calbration needed.

Reactions: D0C
I ve got some for 8v cheaper than milltek brand new pm me

:huh::huh::cool new:Yes I do brand new parts what are you trying to imply
Where do you source them from?! You might have the mods after you if you've not sponsored the site ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta
Where do you source them from?! You might have the mods after you if you've not sponsored the site ;)

I’m finding it very suspicious, if somebody wants a part he has it.. had a shock to see all the revived threads all happen to be related to parts he has!! Dodgy.....

Reactions: T-800
If you look on my thread you will see I am helping the find what they want

I’m finding it very suspicious, if somebody wants a part he has it.. had a shock to see all the revived threads all happen to be related to parts he has!! Dodgy.....
Anything can be stolen to order ;)

@RSTHRILLER only kidding, but seriously it would be nice to know your background and where/how you source the parts.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Right here goes then I do buy a lot of parts for my CARS but I don't need them know I also have a lot of bmw parts from my 335d

Seems all very weird to me to @AudiNutta BMW parts too how random.

Reactions: RSTHRILLER and AudiNutta