Facelift Miltek Exhaust RS3

The sports exhaust from Audi can't be bettered in my opinion.

I had heard a rumor that the sports exhaust was already designed and built by Akropovic, is there any way to validate that? I ask because if true I would wholly agree with your point based on my previous experience with Akro.

Do you think the PFL exhaust will bring back the sound? Or some of it..

I’m looking into it....

I guarantee it will AN.......

As long as you make sure the rest of a PFL comes with it

How much longer are you going to “look into it” ?

I’ve already posted the cost and availability of the sports exhaust for a PFL car in another thread......

If you where serious you’d have already bought one and fitted it, so my guess is the sound of your car isn’t as rubbish as you are making out.

Reactions: NevMan and AudiNutta
I guarantee it will AN.......

As long as you make sure the rest of a PFL comes with it

How much longer are you going to “look into it” ?

I’ve already posted the cost and availability of the sports exhaust for a PFL car in another thread......

If you where serious you’d have already bought one and fitted it, so my guess is the sound of your car isn’t as rubbish as you are making out.

I can’t just go throwing money left right and centre unfortunately.

Just put a turbo on the Mrs’ car, ended up spending what the car is worth to get it running right again.

I’m still looking into it because I’m not putting myself further into debt for the sake of an exhaust when I don’t need it at this exact moment in time. But I think I’m investigating enough to be allowed to say I’m “looking into it”, regardless of whether I can afford it now or not.

I’ve found a sports exhaust for reasonable money, just can’t afford to be spending unnecessary money at the moment.
Month by month the car always needs something whether it’s detailing, maintenance etc.. I’m taking a break from spending money on it. This month it was £300 on Carbon mudflaps, the resultant damage of not having those requires me to have the whole bottom half of the car machined and ceramic coated again to rid the damage which is another £400 bill. While the flaps were being fitted the barrels for the bolts got damaged 10/10 on both fronts by the incompetent tools working on it who then denied all, that’s 2 wheel refurb’s. Then the c**p Pirelli’s are wearing terrible on the inside despite having Hunter alignment done. So that’s 2 dead tyres before their time at 6000 miles.
Forgive me if I don’t buy something just because I’m curious.

I’ve never said my car sounds rubbish :lmfao: It actually sounds amazing having not owned a PFL, at full chat I struggle to understand how the PFL could sound any better.
Still doesn’t stop me looking for a way to get more volume without drone.

What makes you guys think that an exhaust is going to add pops and bangs? You know its 100% got to do with fuel maps yeah?

You guys are dreaming if you think an exhaust is going to change that. It will only change the tone and volume of the sound already there.

Here is a FL RS3 in Australia which has had the crackles added back in via software. No DP or intake, just tune. (We dont have secondary cats in AU)

Here is the same car with a catless DP

The exhaust already on the car is good for near 700HP at the wheels. You need a DP though to make the most of it, I would be spending cash on that rather than a cat back.

Reactions: PanamaS3, 3SR and DW81
What makes you guys think that an exhaust is going to add pops and bangs? You know its 100% got to do with fuel maps yeah?

You guys are dreaming if you think an exhaust is going to change that. It will only change the tone and volume of the sound already there.

Here is a FL RS3 in Australia which has had the crackles added back in via software. No DP or intake, just tune. (We dont have secondary cats in AU)

The exhaust already on the car is good for near 700HP at the wheels. You need a DP though to make the most of it, I would be spending cash on that rather than a cat back.

I dont understand the fascination with the sound at all, even over it seams in many cases absolute performance, I have wondered about that since the day I joined the board.

Reactions: T-800

Like it :)
Would a race cat DP be about equal in ”rawness”?

I hope so.

I would prefer to stay legal if you know what I mean :)

I dont understand the fascination with the sound at all, even over it seams in many cases absolute performance, I have wondered about that since the day I joined the board.

Sod all wrong with the sound in my opinion.

Don’t know why people think the PFL sports exhaust will bring a ‘better’ sound to the FL......

If you’ve bought a DAZA engined car and don’t like it then best sell it and get the 15/16 car.

Seems most people judge the RS3 by how much popping & banging it does as opposed to how it actually drives.

Different engine / different materials / different mapping enjoy what you’ve got whether a PFL or FL.

Both great cars.

Reactions: H4RDYRS3, jungle650, DW81 and 2 others
No exhaust in the world will make a FL car sound like a PFL car. The only way you'll ever do it is by dropping the iron block engine into the FL car which of course nobody is going to do.

The FL is a fantastic sounding car, no doubt about it. Against any of its rivals or pretty much anything that isn't a N/A supercar, it sounds amazing. But the PFL has a deeper and richer sound, almost V10-like.

Reactions: DW81
I've always said the PFL sounds how you might expect a 7-cylinder car to sound. The FL is more 5-cylinder.

I need to interject here people. I'm currently 1 month in to my FL RS3 saloon ownership and OBVIOUSLY loving every minute.

However as noted by many, I noticed a rattle on startup and at certain low RPM even when hot, deffo not the usual cold start cycle sound. So I took it in to Audi today and they've decided to replace the rear section under warranty. Problem is its not a sports exhaust (and it didn't come with one).

So I asked if they could order a sports exhaust and I pay a surcharge, answer has been just about 'No' as its a warranty claim (i'm still trying!). I'm just wondering about flogging the near enough brand new one on the Bay of E when its fitted and buying a Milltek cat back. I have no idea how much it would be worth though.

I'll be honest, in it's current guise, its not as throaty as I'd like it (map coming shortly to help out too).

I need to interject here people. I'm currently 1 month in to my FL RS3 saloon ownership and OBVIOUSLY loving every minute.

However as noted by many, I noticed a rattle on startup and at certain low RPM even when hot, deffo not the usual cold start cycle sound. So I took it in to Audi today and they've decided to replace the rear section under warranty. Problem is its not a sports exhaust (and it didn't come with one).

So I asked if they could order a sports exhaust and I pay a surcharge, answer has been just about 'No' as its a warranty claim (i'm still trying!). I'm just wondering about flogging the near enough brand new one on the Bay of E when its fitted and buying a Milltek cat back. I have no idea how much it would be worth though.

I'll be honest, in it's current guise, its not as throaty as I'd like it (map coming shortly to help out too).

yup there is loads of us with it, problem is, even your new back box will make the same sound as its not new parts they are replacing it with.

with your exhaust you plan on selling. as its not the sports exhaust no one will be looking for this product unless they somehow damage there's and need a replacement one rather than buying from Audi themselves.

Yea, I guessed that. Its not exactly a desirable exhaust! lol

We'll see how it comes back and I'll decide how to to play it. Theres the option of going custom I suppose.

While it has got crackles, the only FL RS3 I've heard with similar bangs to the PFL is billymc's and thats Stage 2. I'm not sure you could get it back on the stock FL Rs3.

Reactions: billymc92
While it has got crackles, the only FL RS3 I've heard with similar bangs to the PFL is billymc's and thats Stage 2. I'm not sure you could get it back on the stock FL Rs3.
His car sounds identical to the video I posted.

Both cars are running stage 2 and a downpipe.

Billy's car had a mic 1ft from the tip... Sound behaves differently at distance and indoors etc. They are honestly the same sound. I didn't hear a proper bang either in Billy's video, though I only watched about 80 seconds of it. I'm not actually interested in bangs at all, a really nice sharp crackle is awesome.

Another thing I have noticed in general... There are WAY crackles from my car when the engine is really warm in hot Australian sun. I got my car August last year, I notice when it's under 20C which is rare the car crackles heaps in stock form. What kind of temps have you guys had since August last year? You will probably find in the summer the car is not going to crackle as much due to higher intake temps.

Billy's car had a mic 1ft from the tip... Sound behaves differently at distance and indoors etc. They are honestly the same sound. I didn't hear a proper bang either in Billy's video, though I only watched about 80 seconds of it. I'm not actually interested in bangs at all, a really nice sharp crackle is awesome.

Another thing I have noticed in general... There are WAY crackles from my car when the engine is really warm in hot Australian sun. I got my car August last year, I notice when it's under 20C which is rare the car crackles heaps in stock form. What kind of temps have you guys had since August last year? You will probably find in the summer the car is not going to crackle as much due to higher intake temps.

the cars cold at first, gets warmer as the video goes on = more bangs

the cars cold at first, gets warmer as the video goes on = more bangs

Yeah I watched the rest of the video, sorry not seeing anything different to the below video, im sure things would be interesting if we followed that car for 6 minutes too ;)

Look man, dont get me wrong, both cars are awesome. My original point which I still stand by is that the pops and bangs are completely software related. Put a downpipe on your car with associated software and you are probably going to have a much better sounding car (and WAY faster) than any PFL car, simple as that.

Yeah I watched the rest of the video, sorry not seeing anything different to the below video, im sure things would be interesting if we followed that car for 6 minutes too ;)

Look man, dont get me wrong, both cars are awesome. My original point which I still stand by is that the pops and bangs are completely software related. Put a downpipe on your car with associated software and you are probably going to have a much better sounding car (and WAY faster) than any PFL car, simple as that.

that car above has sports exhaust. ive got standard.

and I do have downpipe and software

that car above has sports exhaust. ive got standard.

and I do have downpipe and software
When I said you're I was actually referring to anyone. I know you already have the dp.

That video wasn't what I was referring to, never saw that video when I posted. It was more from this short one he posted a while ago.

Hi everyone
I had a Stage 1 Tune and Pops Bangs fitted into my RS3 Sedan.

I think thats exactly what the most are looking for.

Reactions: D0C and RS4B5
Sounds better in the second video. In the first video, that bangs at 0.08 are good also.