Mini Caravan.

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Went to a classic steam fair couple of months ago and got talking to the people at Retro Trailers.

It stirred something in me and ever since I've been looking at trailers and mentally designing my own style of mini caravan.

I've still got a long way to go before I start building it. I need a trailer, finish off my other projects and convince the wife to let me build the workshop/garage with hard standing at the bottom of the garden.
But in the mean time I can read up and do some research mini caravans.

With such an eclectic bunch of people on this site I thought I would see if anyone has built their own trailer or caravan before or even own a mini caravan?

Got a caravan for sale that isn't huge if that's any help. Had trailer tents and trailers too (also hacked up trailer tents turning them into regular trailers). In terms of mini caravan how small are you planning to go? Always thought of them as a place to sleep so I presume it'll be big enough to lie down and stand up in?

I'm not bothered about standing up in it.
Since most of the standing up will be done outside.
Mainly space to lay down and store everything including the kitchen sink.

Base size I'm thinking about about 7x5. Space for me (6'3") to lay down with some storage space under the sleeping area, over the top, kitchen are and such.

I don't want it to be any taller or wider than the car if I can help it.
It might end up being taller cause the car is only about 4ft depending on suspension settings.