Mini One

gabster03

Reaction score
My brother has just ordered a Mini One. He has had £4k of options fitted to the car 16 inch 5 star alloys, aero kit, clear lenses to all indicators, 6 CD, leather sports seats, traction control, salt pack, chrome exhaust and wing mirrors, heated mirrors and jets, all in solid black.

For £100 you also get free servicing and warranty for 5 years. I must say I was well impressed by the service of Synters in Solihull and also the cars are lovely to drive especially compared to my brothers current Clio.

He had to go for the mini one as he has had three crashes in the last two years and two months of driving and is 24 so the Copper was £450 more a year to insure then the mini one.

The real nightmare was though that his girlfriend is Renaults HR manager for the south of England and could of got him 30% of a new Clio 172 sport. Unfortunatly the insurance was over £2k a year. I think he likes the minis better to.

What's a salt pack?

Is it so when you forget to get your fish & chips salted, you've got some available in the car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And if he wants a Cooper when the insurance comes down - just chip it. Same BHP, far cheaper. It's more or less the same car anyway!

Gren

The various option packs on the Mini are called things like Salt, Chili etc. so it doesn't come with a Salt cellar!!!

With Mini sales the way they are, tuners will be queuing around the block to offer quality products, think AmD may be doing something judging by JPR's signature!

Hartage are doing a fantastic package for the Cooper S. £1,700 will get you an increase from 163bhp to 200bhp+. 0-60 becomes a whopping 6.6 secs (estimated) and top speed of 140+. Compared to other offerings such as Works who are chargin £5.5k for similar, it is really good value, from a proven high quality company.

I read this in last months EVO.

I have been looking at the Mini Cooper S as I may have to start doing 25-30k miles a year if I change jobs, and I will have to give my S3 to my gf to get a company car. Priced one up this morning, thought they were cheap until I added the extras! Came to nearly £19k! Still a great car though.

I found the option prices reasonable compared to other brands of cars, and even against what the same options cost on a cooper. We don't get the One in aus...

ended up ticking all boxes except heated seats for my S

I got the extra warranty and servicing too, but I spent almost AUD$60k (about GBP21k) on it and will admit that it's pretty expensive. The Cooper S is more of a car than people think though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Couldn't get an S3 for insurance reasons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

As for tuning, I can get about another 20kW at the flywheel just by doing exhaust and intake. Wetterauer do a ship that takes it from 120kW to 140kW at the fly... not a huge spend for a car that would be almost untouchable in most driving situations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tim

The options are quite reasonably priced as factory options but the dealer options tend to be quite dear. Its £1,300 for the aero kit all round and the roof spolier, £900 for the parts and £400 for the fitting and painting.