Q5 Mirrolink/video interface 3g mmi

Mini

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to add mirrorlink/external video input to my my car which is an Audi Q5 2011 with MMI 3G High. It has an AMI port in the glove box. I want to mirror my phone so that it can play audio and video. I already have a tune2air adapter for music and have video in motion activated so I can play dvds but would like to play content straight of my phone onto the mmi screen.

I tried an ami to rca cable set up with av to hdmi box and a screen beam but it seems that only works on 3gplus systems.

Can anyone suggest a not so expensive option to do this?

Thanks

You can play video content from an SD card with 3G MMI - you will need a tool like Pavtube to encode the file as per these settings:

Pavtube-Settings.jpg

I have converted DVD Video and YouTube files to run from an SD card - works absolutely perfectly (worked on the B9 RS4 and my RSQ3 too). As for playing files of your iPhone I'd say the requirement for the above format would kill that idea stone-dead.

Thanks if all else fails with pursuing the mirrorlink then I guess I have the sd card option available to me. I'm not very technical so was hoping that someone may know of an aftermarket product to suit