Sportback Mirror Dip in 2019 RS3

jminns

Reaction score
Website
www.jminnsdesign.co.uk
Hi guys,
A friend of mine just picked up 2019 (69) reg RS3 Sportback and we got chatting about how I'd made some tweaks to my A5 with Carista OBD.

I went to have a look at the new car yesterday and plugged it in to see what the options were, switched on the settings in Carista but after numerous tries, I couldn't seem to get the mirror dip feature to work at all.

Is there anyone on this forum that has a new RS3 and has the mirror dip working?

Hi guys,
A friend of mine just picked up 2019 (69) reg RS3 Sportback and we got chatting about how I'd made some tweaks to my A5 with Carista OBD.

I went to have a look at the new car yesterday and plugged it in to see what the options were, switched on the settings in Carista but after numerous tries, I couldn't seem to get the mirror dip feature to work at all.

Is there anyone on this forum that has a new RS3 and has the mirror dip working?
Cannot be coded. Mirror Dip is not supported on new vehicles without the needed supporting hardware.

I have a 69 reg RS3... it works as it should. Mirror dip on all VAG cars are the same. The switch for the mirrors has to have the left mirror selected. Put the car in reverse and it will dip. If not, then adjust it down with the car still in reverse. When the car it’s put into drive or park it should return to normal.

I’d question if this a function only on cars with power folding mirrors though? A lot of RS owners seem to miss or forget this option, almost all the 17-19 cars I looked at beforeBuying new were missing folding mirrors.
If you have folding mirrors then mirror dip is a standard feature. If you don't then it used to be possible to code the feature however there have be changes recently that now prevent this.

That’s unfortunate but explains OPs issue I can’t imagine not popping the extra for folders, and am surprised how many choose not to. Seems there’s few new coding restrictions on the new cars? Is it true coding video in motion no longer is possible?
Am able to activate Video in Motion on all VAG Vehicles.