Facelift Mirror folds too much when locked

batu

Reaction score
Hi my right mirror folds too much and touches window when locked how can i adjust it?

Attachments

• 36AB8B4F-DAFB-424D-AB66-56BB7C4C96CB.jpeg
    36AB8B4F-DAFB-424D-AB66-56BB7C4C96CB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 0D463247-4406-4B26-AD6E-7B04789E6AEC.jpeg
    0D463247-4406-4B26-AD6E-7B04789E6AEC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • D6CCB02E-67B3-445A-84B9-D4C1BB6D7348.jpeg
    D6CCB02E-67B3-445A-84B9-D4C1BB6D7348.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • F27F638A-A781-46E5-8A78-6959C5780237.jpeg
    F27F638A-A781-46E5-8A78-6959C5780237.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Hi my right mirror folds too much and touches window when locked how can i adjust it?
Was this a retrofit or out the factory with folding mirrors?
If it’s a retrofit the the wrong mirror was used as the saloon and hatch is different

ı am the second owner of the car so i dont know but it is Facelift version
Was this a retrofit or out the factory with folding mirrors?
If it’s a retrofit the the wrong mirror was used as the saloon and hatch is different

ı am the second owner of the car so i dont know but it is Facelift version
Did it fold properly before and this is something that just started happening?
Does both side do this ?

Did it fold properly before and this is something that just started happening?
Does both side do this ?
On my audi app folding mirrors shows as an optional so they are factory its just the right one and it was like this when i got it about a month ago

Then something not right.
If it’s like the the Ford ones I’ve had apart before then there a small pin or something similar that restrict how far it goes back, if it breaks it keeps going and the body is the stopper if you know what I mean.

Then something not right.
If it’s like the the Ford ones I’ve had apart before then there a small pin or something similar that restrict how far it goes back, if it breaks it keeps going and the body is the stopper if you know what I mean.
I got what you mean, can i fix it?

On my audi app folding mirrors shows as an optional so they are factory its just the right one and it was like this when i got it about a month ago
I would if the pervious owner had the wing mirror clipped by another car and replaced it with the wrong version, as you say its only the drivers side.

I would if the pervious owner had the wing mirror clipped by another car and replaced it with the wrong version, as you say its only the drivers side.
Actually its passenger side for me but thats possible

Think AlS3be bang on. Have look at this guy on youtube mite help
On a Golf but got to be similar on a3.

Just don't do what he did for temporary :sadlike:

Reactions: AlS3BE
Think AlS3be bang on. Have look at this guy on youtube mite help
On a Golf but got to be similar on a3.

Just don't do what he did for temporary :sadlike:

Must work like the auto up/down in the electric windows, senses some resistance/load and stops. Similar to jamming your fingers in the window while it closes and safety mech makes it stop.

Hi my right mirror folds too much and touches window when locked how can i adjust it
Hi Batu, I read this thread with interest. I took delivery of a brand new A6 Allroad last month. After 2 weeks, I realised that the drivers side door mirror was closing into the window glass, and window surround, just as you describe. In fact when it comes to rest, it has not closed fully, I guess because it meets with the resistance of the glass and surround. The passenger side mirror closes perfectly without touching either the glass or the surround, or door skin! I am not sure from this thread whether you found a fix, but I think it is unlikely that mine had any retrofit with the wrong model, since it is new.
I talked to Audi because it is under warranty. Of course they will be happy to take a look. However, I am reluctant to hand it over for them to remove the door inside panel, remove the mirror, replace it with the same, have the same problem, and the door panel doesn't go back properly, and the dorr skin is scratched because the mirror housing articulates with the door skin (of course I am speculating here but you get the picture.)
I don't want to complain too much either, because the car is something else. I got the 245PS diesel. I bought it to replace a VW Golf Mk4 V6 4Motion, which is still going strong at 147K miles..... but there has been some serious technology added in the last 18years!
I would be interested to know what you did with yours, and if it is now fully functional.
Thanks, Richard