Mirror Less

Safenafe

safenafe
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im new to this forum maralkey, but sounds like you guys know a thing or two so wonder if you can help?
The other week some mother ****er ripped both my mirrors off, when i spoke to my local audi dealer they quoted me £930 for the complete set of 2!!!!!!!
I refuse to pay that much, i managed to get some electrically folding ones and fitted them, but im having trouble finding the glass which was the auto dim/anti dazzle ones, plus heated.
Anyone know where i can get a pair for a reasonable price, not £158 each from audi?
Ive put black covers on for the time being, but intend on getting the mat aluminium ones for a later date.

Cheers

hate to hear you join the forum with such bad news! Its getting all to frequent nowadays! I was shocked when I read the price of the auto dimming glass on this forum! As above, I guess ebay.

Its a shame that this kinda sh*t happens - I've not put mine on for this reason...

I have one mirror lying about at home but cant remember what side? It is off an S3 so i take it had the heated mirror stuff ? Anyone know how i can check?

I actually have both but one cracked but it can be used for the time being if you dont have any...

Also have 2 motors if that helps.

i can give them you for more or less what they cost me (obv you can have the cracked one free if you need it!)

EDIT: Mine is for the 8p S3 2007 model - not 8p facelift S3.

I have a pair of these mirror glass. I purchased a new set of mirrors off of e-bay some time ago, only used the covers. They are auto dim and heated and are for the new shape A3. I'm open too offers.

K slips one in, lmao

Why didnt you fit the mirrors as its a great mod, cant be without them now.

I did email Seb about the headlight problems & well to say the least wasnt very informative reply, but he said he would look into them & get back to me, did you have any luck?

To put it blunt - NO. But thanks for your help.

I have alu mirrors but used my original glass. I don't have the wiring for auto dim and I don't have auto dim rear view mirror otherwise I could have been asking you more quesions :)

I am open to offers, are you on the RNSE. I feel a swap would be good. lol

rns ref to me or someone else? I already have the auto dims & swap rns for mirrors, huh, u been drinking lol

Cheers Guys
Yeah ive been looking on Ebay but not really much luck, ive found 1 think it was the nearside, which is better than nothing i guess.
Kaz219 - My auto Dim mirrors used to have like a clear boarder around the edge of the glass, dont know if they all have that. other than that i wouldn't know how to check, which side do you have that isnt cracked?
pns2007 - are your mirrors off the new 2009 facelift A3, as these have bigger mirrors and wont fit mine, think i need the 03-08 size will fit mine

I thought the dimming mirrors have a black frame around them?

Unlucky mate... This an on going problem and IMO it only going to get worse with the current climate...
Just try protecting yourselves as much as you can because parting with £900 for a couple mirrors is a... well... not very nice!
Things like this are very frequent around my area so recently i've parking the car on my road park it somewhere safer...

Auto diming are are quite distinctive has they have the clear border around the edges... Very good of Kaz219 to offer you his.
Hope no one else has to experience what you are mate. Good luck. :icon_thumright:

In answer to your PM, I bought some mirrors from a salvage company just after buying my car off Ebay. They are the new 'bigger' shaped glass off a facelift model.

Here are some pictures for you. I'll add the part no etc shown on it after the photos.

The mirros look like this:-

Photo-0085.jpg

My apologies for such a dirty car - it doesn't show off the Misano Red too well

Photo-0078.jpg

(Ignore the spots, there the kitchen downlighters). Part numbers on the back are 8TO 857 535 G 10S and 8TO 857 536 H 10S. The sticker also says ZSB OEC AUDI A4 (B8). They are the same shape as mine though.

Photo-0077_1.jpg

There is a socket on the back shown below which has a part number of 8EO 973 202 which I persume is the feed for the auto dimming

Photo-0087.jpg

I had planned on keeping these for a while as when the mirror gets a bit older the demand may increase for them and I'd cover my original expenditure.

Apparently A3, A4, A5 and A6 now all use the same mirror (si I've been told.

Sensible offers if anyones interested. As posted above they are about £160 each !!!

They're same side mirror glass fella, lol, got image of both front sides of mirror glasses

Ah you've updated images.

Uh so you know guys the older auto dims had the black plastic rim round the edges due to earlier technology, the newer ones have the clear glass edge round them so it looks asphetically better, plus it allows the glass to move further in/out as the black plastic edge used to only go so far then hit the inside of the mirror covers, you can obviously determine which is auto dim on new ones with the same width line that goes round the whole mirror glass, about 6-7mm from the edge of the glass

There are no guarantees the new covers/glass will fit on the older 03-08 8P pillars fixed to car, so when considering updating you need to maybe buy new pillars aswell.

Like this?

I'm loosing light now so there is a bit of reflection. One mirror is angled in the corner (drivers side) the other isn't.

Photo-0089.jpg

Cheers Guys
Yeah ive been looking on Ebay but not really much luck, ive found 1 think it was the nearside, which is better than nothing i guess.
Kaz219 - My auto Dim mirrors used to have like a clear boarder around the edge of the glass, dont know if they all have that. other than that i wouldn't know how to check, which side do you have that isnt cracked?
pns2007 - are your mirrors off the new 2009 facelift A3, as these have bigger mirrors and wont fit mine, think i need the 03-08 size will fit mine

hi mate.

Mines are the 03-08.

They have two pins in the corner but not the wire and connection in the pics below.

The drivers side is cracked.

Here's pics

DSC00164.jpg

Cracked one:

DSC00165.jpg

I got them spare when i bought mine....

Part no: 8e0 857 535 D

If no one can identify wheter they're heated, I may put my S3 mirrors on if i get a chance and as my mirrors are heated, I'll compare these to the ones that are on my car!

Let me know if they're of any use to you....

I do sometimes wish places like Ebay were not around who knows where these parts come from you could end up buying back something that was stolen from you in the first place too easy nowadays to take something & sell on if they couldnt sell the parts they wouldnt get taken in the first place I wonder how many parts for cars on there are actually genuine & not stolen I bet not many !!!!!

hi mate.

Mines are the 03-08.

They have two pins in the corner but not the wire and connection in the pics below.

The drivers side is cracked.

Here's pics

DSC00164.jpg

Cracked one:

DSC00165.jpg

I got them spare when i bought mine....

Part no: 8e0 857 535 D

If no one can identify wheter they're heated, I may put my S3 mirrors on if i get a chance and as my mirrors are heated, I'll compare these to the ones that are on my car!

Let me know if they're of any use to you....

Thats heated only cause 2 prongs indicates heated & the socket would also indicate dimmed