Help Please Missing Bolt

meremale

Reaction score
Hey guys n gals, I need to pic ur brains, just done a oil change and when I pulled off plastic underbody cover this popped out, and I do have a coolant leak at the back of the engine, could it be that??? whoever gets close to solving my prob has the chance too fix it free of charge for me, just kidding all, I'm curious, any help would be appreciated, it's a 2.0 TFSI Audi A4 B8
d6e5398ff14dd1bae1f3276f4bbe6e8c.jpg
abb62e9b46531479508485dda9e28ffd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look like locite, hoping it's nothing serious

Looks rather like a crank pulley bolt which has broken. Has the car had some timing chain work done?

I've had it for a year and no timing work done to it, might have to get a mirror behind motor and have a look, cheers for giving me an insight

I'd guess that the pink is pink antifreeze staining as it is on the actual internal, broken structure of the bolt rather than the thread. My guess is that it was lying somewhere on the belly plate where it was coming into contact with antifreeze. Was there pink antifreeze staining on the inside of the belly plate?

Reactions: Last man standing
Yes there was, r u a mechanic coz u know what ur talking about

It looks very old and grubby (bit too old for your car), I wonder whether it just found it's way inside your under tray like a stone can sometimes? :shrug: I can't help you with the coolant leak, I would just get under with a torch and look directly above the centre of the staining on the under tray. No, I'm not a car mechanic. :chuncky:

Why not take onboard the suggested "site" for this type of bolt, ie crank shaft pulley, and examine that area to confirm that they are the same type and that none are now missing?
I had a cylinder head gasket replaced on a car once - warranty repair for an oil leak, and the next day I spotted a snapped off bolt head close to where I had parked my car the previous day, ie after collecting it from dealership workshop, and yes when I opened the bonnet, there was the "wet with coolant" end of a cylinder head bolt! I borrowed an old set of bolts from local car fixers, fitted all of them and got dealership workshop to check that engine over for damage, more for their inconvenience than my benefit though!

it looks like a bell housing bolt to me, there very very lite, if its weighs almost nothing its a bell housing bolt